Smyrna vs Oakland. Round 3

milo118

That's what I am afraid of.

I think this game is a toss up. Like Blaze45 said I would not bet a dollar on this game! If my memory serves me correctly I think Riverdale beat Smyrna at Smyrna in the regular season of the 2006 season, by the score of 49 to 3. And Smyrna beat Riverdale at Riverdale in the playoffs on their way to the first of their back to back state championships. So You Just Have to BELIEVE. Anything is possible!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something to chew on...  The last time the BFTE lost was December 1, 2012.  Since then they have outscored opponents 1777-401 (average 42-9).

What they have done in the past 3 years means nothing. Great accomplishments, yes-but you don't get extra points in this game for that. We hope to come up and play a battle tested Maryville and give them a tough game 

I think this game is a toss up. Like Blaze45 said I would not bet a dollar on this game! If my memory serves me correctly I think Riverdale beat Smyrna at Smyrna in the regular season of the 2006 season, by the score of 49 to 3. And Smyrna beat Riverdale at Riverdale in the playoffs on their way to the first of their back to back state championships. So You Just Have to BELIEVE. Anything is possible!

I believe!!! Trust me when I say I believe!!! The only thing I don't like about this match up is the fact that I will not be there.

What they have done in the past 3 years means nothing. Great accomplishments, yes-but you don't get extra points in this game for that. We hope to come up and play a battle tested Maryville and give them a tough game 

It's true that in one way the past 3 years mean nothing, however Blackman has to go in with the attitude that they can win.    I watched Science Hill at Maryville last year in a round 3 playoff game.   This group of SH players had never been to Maryville, and during the warmups you could see them looking at all those state title banners hanging in the northeast end zone.  If you know how to read body language you could see that SH was beat before the game even started because Maryville is so intimidating.        So Blackman has to go in confident and not get sucked into the past, but that is VERY hard not to do, especially for teenage kids.

Anything can happen, but that once in a generation type stuff. Turner holds the game in his hands for Smyrna; if he plays well, they will be there till the end, if he doesn't they will be going home for the season

It's true that in one way the past 3 years mean nothing, however Blackman has to go in with the attitude that they can win.    I watched Science Hill at Maryville last year in a round 3 playoff game.   This group of SH players had never been to Maryville, and during the warmups you could see them looking at all those state title banners hanging in the northeast end zone.  If you know how to read body language you could see that SH was beat before the game even started because Maryville is so intimidating.        So Blackman has to go in confident and not get sucked into the past, but that is VERY hard not to do, especially for teenage kids.

There were many players on the 2013 team that were there in Maryville and I hope the shock and awe factor is behind most of these seniors. We have talked alot about what Maryville will do if you play sloppy ball. We talked about not letting off the throttle ie,(Ravenwood)  We have either seen or shown them the banners and talked about not buying into the hype around the game, but rather buying into playing the game to the best of your ability. We are confident that we will bring our best and line it up against theirs. Nothing else will matter. 

Best wishes to both of these good teams and schools! I.m picking Oakland by 7. Sorry Milo118! If you take care of business you never know, thats why they play these games! Love the playoffs!

I understand that I am pretty much on an island by myself when it comes to picking the Bulldogs to win. But I believe My Bulldogs are capable of winning this game. Good thing about being the underdog is that no one expects you to win. The pressure is all on Oakland. Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by milo118

There were many players on the 2013 team that were there in Maryville and I hope the shock and awe factor is behind most of these seniors. We have talked alot about what Maryville will do if you play sloppy ball. We talked about not letting off the throttle ie,(Ravenwood)  We have either seen or shown them the banners and talked about not buying into the hype around the game, but rather buying into playing the game to the best of your ability. We are confident that we will bring our best and line it up against theirs. Nothing else will matter. 

Not sure why you guys are over here talking about Maryville for , but I do have to say this .... Ravenwood didn't let up on any throttle ... to say that is ridiculous ... they scored all their points ( except for overtime ) in the first qtr .... Maryville might of actually had a little bit to do with them going 3 quarters without scoring .