Who hates having the Super 32?

riverrat

Are they forcing you into anger management? Huhuhhuh

you are not real bright are you? People like you never understand the difference between humor and stupidity. They are also the type that never know when to leave a party or shut their mouth. Im not diggin' your attempt at whatever it isnyou are trying to do. Let go of the chain boy.

I agree. Name has to go. But as far as all of 6a getting in the playoffs. I don't care either way. I hate it for schools to have to spend money that they don't have. We (Smyrna) had to leave our band at home for the trip to Science Hill due to cost of charter buses. But an argument could be made that later in the playoffs you will have to pony up and travel anyway. So at some point in time that will be an issue regardless. Then their is the argument about a 1-9 or 0-10 6A team playing in the playoffs while a 6-4 5A team doesn't qualify. Then apply to move up. And hopefully a 6A team wants to move down. What would happen if a school that should be 6A team decided to play down and dominated for while? What kind of stink would that cause?

Try the travel issue in Bradley's shoes. The closest Region game was 75 miles. Missed two games because of work and travel issues. And many others did as well.

I wouldn't. Winning a watered down class defeats the purpose of even having a state title. I hope they force every 6A team back to 5A

I am hoping that enough schools leave public and go to private to reduce the number of classes and go back to reasonable regions, without the "Super 32".

It is not the size of the school, but rather the number of Athletes that are willing to play. Alcoa would put a beating on most 6A schools. and they are what, half the size of most if not all?

I am hoping that enough schools leave public and go to private to reduce the number of classes and go back to reasonable regions, without the "Super 32".

It is not the size of the school, but rather the number of Athletes that are willing to play. Alcoa would put a beating on most 6A schools. and they are what, half the size of most if not all?

I'm banking on the same thing. I'd love 4 classes, but I would be OK with 5. Just look at how competitive the playoffs has been for 5A this year

I agree. Name has to go. But as far as all of 6a getting in the playoffs. I don't care either way. I hate it for schools to have to spend money that they don't have. We (Smyrna) had to leave our band at home for the trip to Science Hill due to cost of charter buses. But an argument could be made that later in the playoffs you will have to pony up and travel anyway. So at some point in time that will be an issue regardless. Then their is the argument about a 1-9 or 0-10 6A team playing in the playoffs while a 6-4 5A team doesn't qualify. Then apply to move up. And hopefully a 6A team wants to move down. What would happen if a school that should be 6A team decided to play down and dominated for while? What kind of stink would that cause?

They don't let schools just choose to play down on their own.  They can play up, but not down.

There is a school that should be 6A by enrollment playing down because Maryvillle wanted to play up from 5A.  That meant they traded out the smallest school, who gladly accepted.  I forget who it is, but I don't think they dominated this year.

I hate the idea of an entire class of schools that puts everyone in the playoffs.  If you want 6 classes, that's fine, but do some cut off that makes sense besides "the 32 biggest schools."  I like 6 classes a lot better than 5, personally, but Super 32 is stupid.

Either divide schools into 6 equal classes or make up some arbitrary cut off, like 1400+ is 6A, 1000-1400 is 5A, etc. where there are more schools in some classes than others..  Have some more teams in there, divide them into 8 regions instead of 4, and then make the class even.

The travel expenses are stupid, but it is nice to see teams like Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill no longer get to dominate a bunch of much smaller, poorer schools.

And, for the record, private schools need to be completely separated.  None of this "multiplier" BS for Grace Christian, CAK, and other schools.  Put them all in D-II.

They don't let schools just choose to play down on their own. They can play up, but not down.

There is a school that should be 6A by enrollment playing down because Maryvillle wanted to play up from 5A. That meant they traded out the smallest school, who gladly accepted. I forget who it is, but I don't think they dominated this year.

I hate the idea of an entire class of schools that puts everyone in the playoffs. If you want 6 classes, that's fine, but do some cut off that makes sense besides "the 32 biggest schools." I like 6 classes a lot better than 5, personally, but Super 32 is stupid.

Either divide schools into 6 equal classes or make up some arbitrary cut off, like 1400+ is 6A, 1000-1400 is 5A, etc. where there are more schools in some classes than others.. Have some more teams in there, divide them into 8 regions instead of 4, and then make the class even.

The travel expenses are stupid, but it is nice to see teams like Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill no longer get to dominate a bunch of much smaller, poorer schools.

And, for the record, private schools need to be completely separated. None of this "multiplier" BS for Grace Christian, CAK, and other schools. Put them all in D-II.

I am aware of how the process works. Lavergne was the school that traded with Maryville. Also with the super 32 in place a team can't arbitrarily decide to play up without a team wanting to play down. That's how Maryville got to play up and Lavergne got to play down. My example was a hypothetical situation just like most of these threads are. But when Lavergne went down to 5A they were initially talked about to be one of the schools that should be there in the end. As it turned out they fizzled out towards the end of the regular season.

They don't let schools just choose to play down on their own. They can play up, but not down.

There is a school that should be 6A by enrollment playing down because Maryvillle wanted to play up from 5A. That meant they traded out the smallest school, who gladly accepted. I forget who it is, but I don't think they dominated this year.

I hate the idea of an entire class of schools that puts everyone in the playoffs. If you want 6 classes, that's fine, but do some cut off that makes sense besides "the 32 biggest schools." I like 6 classes a lot better than 5, personally, but Super 32 is stupid.

Either divide schools into 6 equal classes or make up some arbitrary cut off, like 1400+ is 6A, 1000-1400 is 5A, etc. where there are more schools in some classes than others.. Have some more teams in there, divide them into 8 regions instead of 4, and then make the class even.

And, for the record, private schools need to be completely separated. None of this "multiplier" BS for Grace Christian, CAK, and other schools. Put them all in D-II.

Check out the suggestion I made on the 1A/2A thread. He posted this on every classification message board and I don't feel like typing all of that out again.

• Upvote 1

a joke

If I was 6a coach that is a perineal power like MHS, Rutherford Co schools ( knowing you are in playoffs )

I'm scheduling BA, MBA , Ensworth , and all other top teams.

Why to see how my team stacks up and to play the best competition -

Don't tell me it's to rough to travel or costs money argument has no warrant

Heck I will start a go fund me page

Try the travel issue in Bradley's shoes. The closest Region game was 75 miles. Missed two games because of work and travel issues. And many others did as well.

Cookeville is in the same boat. Aside from Warren County every other region opponent was at least that far. You guys did have some longer trips than us though. BUT, I'd still rather travel to play the RuCo teams, or Mt Juliet, Lebanon, Wilson Central etc(if we were in Region 3) than go back to the region we were in the past few years. I don't know the answer. Edited by THE SQUAD