2A REGION 4 2016

GeneralForrest

No dog in the hunt.

But, don't discount Watertown.

I look for them to be better than last year. They only lost 2 key contributors.

The RB was a bruiser but they have more speed at the position this year.

They lost a very good WR, but he is replacable.

Every one else is back.

Just like Forrest, they are a year faster, bigger, and stronger.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am not discounting at all. but tell me HOW. if all things are equal, Forrest wins again more decisively at home. Watertown was physical for 2 quarters. and their most physical player graduated.

Are all things equal, though?

Watertown only lost 2-3 starters on each side of the ball.

How many did Forrest lose?

You're acting like there are not any players that can step up and fill a void for Watertown.

I'm being conpletely objective.

Watertown will be better.

Now they have other question marks in my mind that I'll keep to myself.

But on paper, they should be tremendously improved.

we run that same system from age 6 thru 12th grade. it's plug and play. we have improved each of the last several years because we have more and more kids in the program that have been in it since kindergarten. it's a machine.

Watertown had a nice first half. I've been gracious.

the second half was a mismatch in terms of score (20-6 Forrest and the 6 was from an opening half kickoff return and missed point), and was a bloodletting at the line of scrimmage. Had Turner been able to carry the ball 85 times y'all might have stayed competitive.

We still have our superstar (Wild, and others). Yours graduated and your QB was running for his life the entire second half.

It will be a good game, as I have stated I respect the Purple Tigers. You can read my comments after last year's game for proof. But I expect a Rocket victory.

Be well 

My actual post after the game...

Wow, where to start (random order):

- Watertown came to PLAY. #5 is one of the fiercest backs you will see. Watertown played physical on both sides. Their fans coaches and players should all be proud of their effort. I was impressed.

- They ran out of gas in the second half. It seemed like all the bounces went Watertown's way in the 1st (I am giving Watertown credit, they MADE their breaks), and it was still only 14-10 Watertown at half. They needed a bigger cushion.

- Forrest came out flat. Not unprepared, just not 100% either. Not sure why. Long bus ride seems too easy of an excuse. They def started slow.

- Beautiful facilities all around at Watertown.

- Forrest truly imposed their will in the second. Watertown makes a good play and #18 returns the opening kickoff for a score. At that point it was 20-10 Watertown. Forrest controlled most of the game after that..EXCEPT..

Watertown's #11 is also a talented player. They had several good players. He made plays with his arm and legs several times to keep drives going. Watertown fans, treat that kid well, you have him for less than 2 more years. He's a gamer.

Watertown went away from #5 in the second. You can't give one kid the ball 80 times a game I suppose. It def limited their range and our D line started gittin after it in the 2nd half. Watertown had another kid, dreads out the back of his helmet. #3 maybe? Also a good player. Fast. I would've used him more..

But that said, Watertown's coaches had their team READY to play.

Forrest brought a bunch of students and they did an amazing job. Best students on the planet.

The only way Watertown gets blown out by Davidson or has a close game with Grundy is that #5 was hurt. They don't just depend on him, but he is a huge part of their deal. He has to be one of the best players in the state. Having said that....

Forrest had SEVERAL kids step up and have all time games in the 2nd half. They know who they are.

People getting on here talking trash about Region 3/Region 4, etc. Cmon man. Lemme tell you somethin about us. We aren't a private school. We don't recruit. We aren't an open enrollment situation where we can just cherry pick the best kids from Marshall Co. down the road. We are simply a tiny town that loves its team. We are well coached and all our kids are homegrown. The biggest loss (margin-wise) in recent memory was 26-7, 3 years ago at Adamsville to a team that went to the 2A final against Trousdale, and had Zak Neary one of the best players you will see at this level. We hung with them for a half and that was 3 years ago. If you think you can beat us by 5 TDs, bring it. We play HARD for 4 quarters and that's why we won Friday. Ask 4A Page if we play hard.

Who's going to stop the Blue Devils of Jackson County? Solid all the way around and have an amazing staff. Watch out for the dynamic duo of Boling and Long. On the come up for sure.

Just about everyone in the region will stop Jackson County.

This may be one of the most delusional posts I've seen on here.

Jackson wouldn't even scrimmage Gordonsville this week.

Jackson County is a near lock for a playoff spot. They have a heck of a defense and great athletes on offense. Bub Chaffin is the best defensive coordinator in the state and he'll have these boys rolling.. HIGHLY underrated. We'll see when them Friday Night Lights turn on bud. Go Devils.

I was wrong. This is the most delusional post.

Jackson County is a near lock for a playoff spot. They have a heck of a defense and great athletes on offense. Bub Chaffin is the best defensive coordinator in the state and he'll have these boys rolling.. HIGHLY underrated. We'll see when them Friday Night Lights turn on bud. Go Devils. 

How did you get this much better in one year. Offense was not good at all last year. I would expect them to be near the bottom again.