Adamsville Football 2016

Redrage4life

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should.  Over the past few years we have played everyone in Selmer High's district and won those games. (Bolivar, Chester County, Lexington, Selmer High, etc..)  Knowing the coaching staff like I do, they would not shy away from playing Liberty.  Macnarry I think you should be worried about the Bob kittens.  I don't think you guys could finish 3rd in our region.  TCA and McKenzie are always solid programs.  TCAIntense, I think we have already proven over the past 5-7 years we can hold our own against any team in West Tennessee.  I don't know if that make us a "big boy."  We just try to put a quality product on the field every Friday night.

Maybe we should. Over the past few years we have played everyone in Selmer High's district and won those games. (Bolivar, Chester County, Lexington, Selmer High, etc..) Knowing the coaching staff like I do, they would not shy away from playing Liberty. Macnarry I think you should be worried about the Bob kittens. I don't think you guys could finish 3rd in our region. TCA and McKenzie are always solid programs. TCAIntense, I think we have already proven over the past 5-7 years we can hold our own against any team in West Tennessee. I don't know if that make us a "big boy." We just try to put a quality product on the field every Friday night.

You haven't played anyone like Liberty. HC this past year was the closest to Liberty and you see how that turned out. If you played Liberty you would swear you were seeing multiple Goldsmiths and Tucker's coming at you. You couldn't handle one Goldsmith or Tucker so I don't think you want any of Liberty. It's another level that you haven't seen and don't even go there with TCA/Liberty. We are smart enough to know we can't play with those guys. We have 30 players. You guys have 192. You can afford an injury. We can't. Play them and see how good you are. They would make Laudersale Co look like middle schoolers. USJ scrimmaged them last year and got beat to death. They had some injuries and got embarrassed. TCA and Aville combined couldn't beat Liberty.

Liberty is loaded with athletes from top to bottom.  Everybody knows that.  Not once did I say we would beat them.  As a coach for over 20 years I have found the only way you get better is to play teams that are better than you.  Our coaching staff is not afraid to play bigger, more athletic teams.  You guys did beat us in the playoffs, but we did "handle" Goldsmith and Tucker in the regular season.  I've seen lots of great athletes in the last 20 years so I know what those guys look like.  We only dress about 65 kids now.  Our numbers have dropped in the last few years.  We just try to win football games on Friday night.

You "handled" Goldsmith and Tucker in regular season? That's a joke! You handled our QB who didn't see much action after that game. That change alone changed the outcome of playoff game and if Goldsmith had played regular season game at QB the outcome would have been like the playoffs. So you "handled" him? He had over 200 yards in the regular season game and Tucker was all over the place. You can't handle the truth and are wearing rose colored glasses. I guess in 2013 we "handled" Neary when we beat you guys at your place in the regular season? I don't think so! He had 240 yards rushing in your loss. He had 360 yards in your win in the playoffs. We won regular season game that year but we didn't "handle" Neary. We have no problem admitting it. Some of you Aville boys just can't stand it that Goldsmith and company ran all over your rears and there wasn't anything you could do about it! You weren't nearly as good as you thought! You may be better in 2016!

You "handled" Goldsmith and Tucker in regular season? That's a joke! You handled our QB who didn't see much action after that game. That change alone changed the outcome of playoff game and if Goldsmith had played regular season game at QB the outcome would have been like the playoffs. So you "handled" him? He had over 200 yards in the regular season game and Tucker was all over the place. You can't handle the truth and are wearing rose colored glasses. I guess in 2013 we "handled" Neary when we beat you guys at your place in the regular season? I don't think so! He had 240 yards rushing in your loss. He had 360 yards in your win in the playoffs. We won regular season game that year but we didn't "handle" Neary. We have no problem admitting it. Some of you Aville boys just can't stand it that Goldsmith and company ran all over your rears and there wasn't anything you could do about it! You weren't nearly as good as you thought! You may be better in 2016!

in the words of Jim Croce. " you don't tug on supermans cape"

Intense you are incorrect. GOLDSMITH ran all over us but company was just along for the ride. You guys won plain and simple. No excuses. We didnt tackle and Goldsmith played awesome. What you gonna do next year whine that you are a private school and dont have numbers? Goldsmith's come around once in a lifetime. Lions will be competitive due to Coaching Staff but you have nothibg to beat your chest about

Intense why is it when you speak they call it beating our chest. I do not remember us ever beating our chest. We always were trying to speak facts and letting them know that they should show respect. Instead they beat their chest the whole time. I believe it was a one man team can't beat them. They were going to show trezvant in the semifinals. That didn't happen. Now they want to say that they just will work hard and do their best. By the way the Company was there for the first game it was just that they were freshman and sophomores. You never heard us make excuses. Even though the stats were the same. But they grew up and were there in the playoffs and smacked Aville. That is what you are supposed to do is get better as the year moves on. So next year and in the future you will not hear whining. We already play St George state champs. USJ state semifinalist. No whining just strap up and play. And you will not hear us beating our chest. We know that the work has to be put in. And then it will show up on the field. It does not matter how much you say you are big and tough. That is just talk. And let me finish how Aville always did. JMO!!

Edited by BigEdMo

Intense you are incorrect. GOLDSMITH ran all over us but company was just along for the ride. You guys won plain and simple. No excuses. We didnt tackle and Goldsmith played awesome. What you gonna do next year whine that you are a private school and dont have numbers? Goldsmith's come around once in a lifetime. Lions will be competitive due to Coaching Staff but you have nothibg to beat your chest about

That's what you said about Akin! When Akin graduated yall were yakking that we were done! Well, it took us 4 games but the coaches figured out that we weren't a passing team this year. Incidentally, the go ahead TD with 4 mins left against you boys was a PASS! But I thought we were done!! Last three years we were 3-2 vs Aville. Enough said! It will be tough early in the season this next year but I suspect by playoff time Butler will have the Lions competiting at a high level.

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

The superman of two a last wasn't at TCA he was and is at Trezvant and they beat yall worse than HC beat us. I'm not going to a say a word this year because it will take a miracle to beat the big T this year. That kid is the 6 top rated back in the nation. Worlds of difference in him and any other back in two a.

The superman of two a last wasn't at TCA he was and is at Trezvant and they beat yall worse than HC beat us. I'm not going to a say a word this year because it will take a miracle to beat the big T this year. That kid is the 6 top rated back in the nation. Worlds of difference in him and any other back in two a.

That's a pretty paltry comparison considering Mr Football didn't play that game. No, we wouldn't have won but it would have been much,much closer than your Hardon Co game. Think before you type! Try again!

Real easy talk when you didn't even make it to the game. So with your reasoning Aville would have never made it off the bus against trezvant since you couldn't handle Goldsmith in the second round. Y'all dug your hole this past year with all the big talk. Try again and keep trying to dig out. We were there and you didn't even make it to the Third round.