Adamsville Football 2016

Redrage4life

Our line is going to be the big question mark.  From a size standpoint, we are just as big up front, if not bigger than last years line.  That senior class were starters since their sophomore year for the most part.  We have a few questions to answer at some of the skill positions.  We will still have speed and athletic ability, but they aren't proven yet just like our line.  Our first 5 games are against very good teams.  We will be able to tell a lot after those games.  If the young guys are as hungry as I know they are, this could be one of those years where everyone doesn't expect much and we surprise a lot of people. 

The District/Region will be tough as always.  McKenzie is well coached, but losing the QB and running back will take some time to replace and gel.  Halls is extremely athletic and were young last year,  We do get McKenzie and Halls at home this year, which will help.  Gibson County and JCS will be athletic and we go there this year.  TCA lost Superman as you guys call him.  He was awesome and about 80-90% of the offense.  Anxious to see who enrolls over the summer at TCA.  The talent must be down because I hear Coach Butler applied for another coaching position.  He didn't get it, but was very close.  TCA always "finds" athletes.

Should be another fun football season.  We are very anxious at Adamsville this year.  Lots of unknowns, but excited to see the young guys take the field.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our line is going to be the big question mark. From a size standpoint, we are just as big up front, if not bigger than last years line. That senior class were starters since their sophomore year for the most part. We have a few questions to answer at some of the skill positions. We will still have speed and athletic ability, but they aren't proven yet just like our line. Our first 5 games are against very good teams. We will be able to tell a lot after those games. If the young guys are as hungry as I know they are, this could be one of those years where everyone doesn't expect much and we surprise a lot of people.

The District/Region will be tough as always. McKenzie is well coached, but losing the QB and running back will take some time to replace and gel. Halls is extremely athletic and were young last year, We do get McKenzie and Halls at home this year, which will help. Gibson County and JCS will be athletic and we go there this year. TCA lost Superman as you guys call him. He was awesome and about 80-90% of the offense. Anxious to see who enrolls over the summer at TCA. The talent must be down because I hear Coach Butler applied for another coaching position. He didn't get it, but was very close. TCA always "finds" athletes.

Should be another fun football season. We are very anxious at Adamsville this year. Lots of unknowns, but excited to see the young guys take the field.

there it is!!!! I was wondering wher the little suttle digs are at.

Our line is going to be the big question mark. From a size standpoint, we are just as big up front, if not bigger than last years line. That senior class were starters since their sophomore year for the most part. We have a few questions to answer at some of the skill positions. We will still have speed and athletic ability, but they aren't proven yet just like our line. Our first 5 games are against very good teams. We will be able to tell a lot after those games. If the young guys are as hungry as I know they are, this could be one of those years where everyone doesn't expect much and we surprise a lot of people.

The District/Region will be tough as always. McKenzie is well coached, but losing the QB and running back will take some time to replace and gel. Halls is extremely athletic and were young last year, We do get McKenzie and Halls at home this year, which will help. Gibson County and JCS will be athletic and we go there this year. TCA lost Superman as you guys call him. He was awesome and about 80-90% of the offense. Anxious to see who enrolls over the summer at TCA. The talent must be down because I hear Coach Butler applied for another coaching position. He didn't get it, but was very close. TCA always "finds" athletes.

Should be another fun football season. We are very anxious at Adamsville this year. Lots of unknowns, but excited to see the young guys take the field.

Let's see. TCA had 6600 total yards in 2015. Goldsmith had 3150 rushing and if you throw in his passing of 800 he had 4,000 total. At McNairy Central they taught us to divide 4000 by 6600 which would equal 60%. Hmmm. Quite a difference in 60 and 90. I'm not sure how they taught you to divide at Aville. Somebody had to get the other 40% and I would bet it was a team effort.

Let's see. TCA had 6600 total yards in 2015. Goldsmith had 3150 rushing and if you throw in his passing of 800 he had 4,000 total. At McNairy Central they taught us to divide 4000 by 6600 which would equal 60%. Hmmm. Quite a difference in 60 and 90. I'm not sure how they taught you to divide at Aville. Somebody had to get the other 40% and I would bet it was a team effort.

you are right on point Intense. It was a team last year. But I don't understand why they keep saying we were a 1 man team. To me it sounds worse to say that. That just means their 11 could not be our one. I think I would much rather know my team got beat by another team. But it will be interesting next year for sure. A lot of question marks for both teams. Replacing 60 percent of the offense is tough but maybe we can find 3 kids to do 20 percent each.

Goldsmith was option #!, #2, and #3.  Plain and simple.  When he moved to QB/RB he touched the ball first 100% of the time.  HMMMM.  So the offense ran through him.  He ran it 80% of the time or threw it the other, bear with me I'm struggling with the math here.....uhhhh the other 19, no 20% of the time.  Guys I'm sorry, but if you take Goldsmith's touches away like you did the first 5 games, you guys were a .500 team. 

I have coached, watched, and played high school basketball and football for over 30 years.  There are times when one guy can put the rest of the team on his back and carry them.  Goldsmith did that the second half of the year and in to the playoffs!!! That's not a knock against the other 10 guys on offense, its just the facts!!  Goldsmith was that once in a decade player a team gets the opportunity to enjoy.

I hope you guys have a great 2016 season.  I really enjoy the banter!!

Man after Kyle left we were told he was a once in a decade kind of player. And that we would suffer. Wow now for a second year we had another once in a decade player. Wonder if there is a third roaming the halls. Only time will tell. Now as far as the team, I believe there was a little coaching going on also. We go from a pass happy attack with a QB that set state record. Then the very next year we run the ball down hill and down your throats. I believe the coaches took those players and turned them into what works. Y'all just still have sour grapes because y'all thought and talked about how your line is huge and experienced and that your skill guys were sub 4 40's that y'all would breeze to cookville. All of you can come back and say you were just giving your opinions. But we all know you believed it and spouted it the whole time it was even talked about on another thread by a Trezvant fan So this year I will say this. It will be another tough test. It will be early in the season and you never know what you will get. So good luck this year. And I bet the high and mighty talk will be a lot less this year.

Man after Kyle left we were told he was a once in a decade kind of player. And that we would suffer. Wow now for a second year we had another once in a decade player. Wonder if there is a third roaming the halls. Only time will tell. Now as far as the team, I believe there was a little coaching going on also. We go from a pass happy attack with a QB that set state record. Then the very next year we run the ball down hill and down your throats. I believe the coaches took those players and turned them into what works. Y'all just still have sour grapes because y'all thought and talked about how your line is huge and experienced and that your skill guys were sub 4 40's that y'all would breeze to cookville. All of you can come back and say you were just giving your opinions. But we all know you believed it and spouted it the whole time it was even talked about on another thread by a Trezvant fan So this year I will say this. It will be another tough test. It will be early in the season and you never know what you will get. So good luck this year. And I bet the high and mighty talk will be a lot less this year.

When you guys are arguing like kids over kids, please don't include all of us(Y'ALL) in your posts! Intense will tell you that I am as realistic as anyone about both programs, especially ours!! Have a great day!! Go Cards!! 

When you guys are arguing like kids over kids, please don't include all of us(Y'ALL) in your posts! Intense will tell you that I am as realistic as anyone about both programs, especially ours!! Have a great day!! Go Cards!!

hahaha u have a good day also. And good luck

I have never said we had a sub 4.4 guy.  I'm trying to give you guys a compliment.  Coach Butler is a great coach and he made the adjustment to put the ball in Goldsmiths hands.  I am very realistic in all my posts.  As I said earlier in my posts, we are anxiously awaiting this year.  Lots of unknowns from some young, talented kids.  We have a tough schedule and best of luck to all of our opponents.

I have never said we had a sub 4.4 guy. I'm trying to give you guys a compliment. Coach Butler is a great coach and he made the adjustment to put the ball in Goldsmiths hands. I am very realistic in all my posts. As I said earlier in my posts, we are anxiously awaiting this year. Lots of unknowns from some young, talented kids. We have a tough schedule and best of luck to all of our opponents.

you and UTVol are correct and I am at fault. My bad. You guys are always a measuring stick for everyone in the region and I do not expect it to change. Good luck and work hard.

Goldsmith was option #!, #2, and #3. Plain and simple. When he moved to QB/RB he touched the ball first 100% of the time. HMMMM. So the offense ran through him. He ran it 80% of the time or threw it the other, bear with me I'm struggling with the math here.....uhhhh the other 19, no 20% of the time. Guys I'm sorry, but if you take Goldsmith's touches away like you did the first 5 games, you guys were a .500 team.

I have coached, watched, and played high school basketball and football for over 30 years. There are times when one guy can put the rest of the team on his back and carry them. Goldsmith did that the second half of the year and in to the playoffs!!! That's not a knock against the other 10 guys on offense, its just the facts!! Goldsmith was that once in a decade player a team gets the opportunity to enjoy.

I hope you guys have a great 2016 season. I really enjoy the banter!!

You obviously are struggling with the math. Total yards for the season 6600. Goldsmith had 4,000(this includes his passes). That's 60%!!! You are guessing and I'm giving you facts! Nobody from TCA is arguing that we wouldn't be 500 without him. We probably would have been lucky to be 500 without him. The fact is that he wasn't 80 or 90% of the offense. Akin touched the ball every time and so did Goldsmith. That's what a QB does! Akin accounted for around 60% of the offense as well. You didn't hear us mouthing about Neary being 90% of your offense a couple of years back but he was as much of Avilles offense as Goldsmith was ours! We could have just as easily said Aville would have been 500 without Neary. I guarantee we would have won the semifinal game that year if Neary hadn't played but he did play and we didn't win.

Look, I don't know your final team stats for the season. Obviously, you can quote them verbatim. All I know is this. Goldsmith had the ball in his hands the MAJORITY of the time in last part of the season and going into the playoffs. I don't know the percentages on that, but it was blaringly obvious. I know a lot of players didn't get the touches they were accustomed to from the previous year.

Neary did get the majority of the touches in our playoff run. That doesn't bother us at all. You give the ball to your playmakers and let them go to work.

I'm not degrading your team at all. You guys had a great run when you decided to put it in Goldsmiths hands. That's a compliment. Your welcome.