Bearden high

Olddawg1948x

I have heard a few names mentioned. There should be a lot of applicants nonetheless. It will be interesting how the administration handles this and if they try to handpick the next coach.

Coach Blevins travels to the Arby's almost every year. I don't know anything about the validity of the DB rumor, but it would be a great landing spot for him if he wants to continue coaching.

I have heard a few names mentioned. There should be a lot of applicants nonetheless. It will be interesting how the administration handles this and if they try to handpick the next coach.

Coach Blevins travels to the Arby's almost every year. I don't know anything about the validity of the DB rumor, but it would be a great landing spot for him if he wants to continue coaching.

Charlie Morgan isn't going to be fired or resign.  

Well, as a West fan - thank you Bearden for allowing a few parents and booster money to run off one of the best coaches in the County. I HATED playing Bearden as they were always prepared and were always tough. Blevins knows how to coach - somebody is about to get very lucky - and it won't be the Bulldogs.

This is truly a shame - and for those this email is aimed at - you should be ashamed.

Edited by MeritIII

Siegel boys job is open and they've had success in the past. Williamson County area pays better then Knox County. Or will he go the route of the private school? He can draw his Knox County retirement and whatever a private school pays.

olddawg48x, have not heard your response to your questions that were answered by bkkbk or what ever his screen name was who has now somehow removed his responses to my answer to you question on what is going on at BHS. Are you a troll wanting to bring out the people who know what is going on or are you tryng to find out is anyone really cares about what the administration is dong to BHS athletics. Or maybe you are trying to find out the people who still support the old coaches with long time ties with BHS or were BHS alumni who were fired or run off by the administration.

And bekttbk or what ever your name is why are you out of the conversation ?  You said that you were dealing with alot of issues because of Coach Blevins. Well did you get what you want now that Blevins is gone. Are your issues now over. I think that your issues are just now beginning.  The main issue being not winning next year in basketball. One last question for beltbkk or what ever your screen name is. You said that you were not saying my claims in an earlier post were false. Does that mean you were saying they were true or that you were agreeing with me?

dirtydawg15 and redandblack63, you both want to know how you run off the best basketball coach/5 star teacher,and the most successful football coach. I gave my answers in earlier post. If you really want to find the beginning of this trail you need to look at the track/cross country coach that Bartlett ran off. Then add in all of the Bearden alumni that were runoff that were coaches and coaches that were runoff because they supported Bearden coaches that were alumni. How ever weird, strange, petty all of this sounds, just ask a bearden teacher/coach, teacher, or Bearden alumni booster who is not part of the Bartlett/Bearden Foundation alliance and they will tell you that BHS IS THE WORST PLACE TO WORK AT ACADEMICALLY  OR ATHLETICALLY . It is truly  a sinking ship. 

Norman Dale, you need to look no further than the girls basketball coach to find your new boys basketball coach. The process will look very similar to how the new football coach was appointed by Bartlett to replace Coach Taylor.

HTV, as a Bearden alumni what is your info on all of this? Don't know how connected you are, but you always have reliable info. Not trying to bring you into a really messed up situation and if you don't comment I understand. You never know how much power the McCintire/Bartlett coalition has. We might be censured, runoff, of fired from coach t.

In the end BHS suffers because every one that the administration has runoff will be better off in the end. The real truth will be reflected in the down spiral of BHS athletics. The  score results

will show how the administration has destroyed BHS athletics and let down the student athletes not to mention all Bearden students by taking away a great teacher. The administration has also let down Bearden alumni and boosters with the systematic elimination of BHS alumni from the program.

Coach Blevins is a much better man than the administration not to mention a great teacher and coach!

HTV, as a Bearden alumni what is your info on all of this? Don't know how connected you are, but you always have reliable info. Not trying to bring you into a really messed up situation and if you don't comment I understand. You never know how much power the McCintire/Bartlett coalition has. We might be censured, runoff, of fired from coach t.

I have had nephews go through the football, baseball, basketball, and track programs over the last decade at Bearden, and because of what I do in covering high school sports in the Knoxville market I have some solid contacts within the Bearden athletic department.  

And I value those contacts and the relationships that allow me to get information (as I do with every other coach and administrator in the area that I have the pleasure of being part of) so I am not going to get in to specifics other than to stand by my earlier comment on "helicopter parents".  And that goes not just at Bearden, but at every school.  If parents would just do their part to support their kids and the programs that their kids are a part of and let the coaches coach and then not sit at home at the dinner table and talk about how bad the coaches are being to their kids, things would be a lot better for all parties involved.  As parents we can try to raise and guide our kids and educate them to make good decisions, and then we have to trust them to deal with adversity that is going to happen either in sports or just everyday life.  Helicopter parents aren't doing those kids any favors by trying to live their lives through their kids or trying to micromanage every step those youngsters take and jumping in to situations that put those kids in bad positions with their peers and with those charged with teaching and coaching them.  

Again, off of my soap box now.  

New to the forum and stumbled across this today looking for state bracket stuff. I have a nephew who goes to Bearden. From what he says, there were some serious allegations against the coach. I understand the helicopter parents concept, but if you or I did some of these things he's accused of to our kids, we might have gotten in trouble ourselves with social services or whatever. He did get suspended, so that states something and he decided to retire to maybe pre-empt getting booted, who knows. Obviously he has a great reputation as a coach and a teacher. There may be politics at play here too, I expect there is. Don't know anything about the principle or anyone else, maybe it was a conspiracy, who knows.  Maybe it was just time he moved on and helped another program. I don't think the girls coach will be the new coach, he's got a good thing going there and next season will be such a question mark for the boys team.

Students don't really know what is going on. They hear things from other students and by the time it gets to here it is very watered down. The truth is in the evidence of how many BHS alumni, BHS teachers/coaches with years of experience, or BHS alumni boosters who have been run off, fired, or told not to come back to the athletic program. The principal, AD, the foundation people don't want people with BHS athletic ties to be part of the program. You can't judge what is going on with the boys basketball program in the last few months to really know what is going on at BHS as far as sports or academics/teachers is concerned. It all starts back to when Bartlett started at BHS. Why do you think the principal got rid of the old AD then got one of the football coaches to be the AD. He was hired to run off BHS coaches. Then the old AD is given the head football job and a new AD,( who has no coaching experience), is hired by the principal to finish the job of getting rid of coaches. Some of these run off/firings/resignations,  is just to make it look like the principal is targeting BHS alumni coaches. The evidence is there. There might be one coach left that is a BHS alumni coach. But he used to be a head coach. The guy that the principal hired for that job will never have the success the old coach reached. Soccer might have a BHS alumni, but that is different. Soccer is run by one group at BHS.