Region 7-A

Guest hevyrevy1611

Well as we know predictions don't mean squat. And regular season stats mean zip IF a team does make playoffs. It is so true, any given team can beat any other team in any game.. & in football anything can happen. Just give it your all each play, for the whole play, and let results be what they may. Go one at a time, till whistle sounds & then that final horn. That's the way of champions.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely the toughest 1A or 2A district. While Dresden returns everybody and it would appear on paper that it's their year, I'm still questioning their ability to get past Union City this season. Dresden has the athletes headlined by Winn, but in the big games outside of Trenton the first time, they weren't able to get over the top last year. And UC will probably be better than they were last year if anything. I don't think Trenton will just fall off the map either based on how the new personnel develops.

• 1 month later...
Guest hevyrevy1611

About halfway through the season now in one of strongest Regions in 1A. The two favored teams Union City & Dresden are rolling over other teams. Shortly Dresden faces Lake Co., Peabody then UC.. so won't be long until the playoff seeding becomes more clear. And as Peabody proved last year the playoffs are where records & past games don't matter. Top four in Region 7 will have battle tested players come playoff who have faced top caliber teams. Anything can happen in the "second season". Better not underestimate anyone.

Peabody is the sleeper. They are young and have nothing to lo lose. Those type of teams will sneak up on you but in this case everyone remembers what happened last year. On paper Dresden. Tradition UC. Peabody will play one of or both of these teams again in the playoffs. Either way this district will be well represented with Humboldt surprising some people also. Don't sleep on anyone come November. Can Dresden do the expected? Only time will tell. They are loaded.

We will know about Dresden during the Peabody and UC games for sure. It will be interesting to see how our team can handle the athletes from both Trenton and UC. With all our weapons on offense we've had several mismatches each week that gives Dresser plenty of options. Last year UC could cover our receivers well and forced our QB into several iffy passes which resulted in interceptions. Going to be a fun two months or so.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hevyrevy1611

Here we go. Time for the shuffled cards for Region 7 to be revealed. Dresden is undefeated going into week 7, when we playing Trenton-Peabody, then bye week, then UC. All the cards are about to be revealed & sorted out. Going to be interesting come playoffs for sure! There's a different mood this year. Lions are more hungry or something. Heard one of the guys in stands, an ex-player sitting among other former players, say: Why couldn't we have been this good? ... It's one thing to hear about it and read scores & stats, and another to experience it in person. This years team at Dresden is truly special and loaded full with numerous weapons. Not a one-man show for sure. Team effort is getting the job done. And methinks it will wind up with Lions taking their second trip to Cookeville. Lots of games left, goal is 15 in 16, which they are getting closer and closer to with each play. What an awesome game this football is! Exciting!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Wow. Humboldt gave Union City all they could handle & then some. Vikings came up short, yes, but man they sure put up the points and had much more yardage stats than Tornados (who had the points, which matters most!). Talk about a tough region. Anyone is capable. Go Region 7 (esp. Dresden Lions. Ha)

Guest hevyrevy1611

Well.. there's been a question hanging out there about Dresden.. Are we that good? Or is it just bad, weak opponents that make us seem better than we are?.. Well, against a well-respeced and capable team who everyone admits (& rightly so!) is a good team & has the trophies & record to prove it, on this night Dresden won 41-0. I wonder if any will claim this was a fluke? Has these questions been adequately answered? ... Still, as good as we are, the team (& fans & staff) realize we have oodles of things to work on! We are still not hitting on all cylinders & tuned-in. On our next test (after a bye week),we will face Union City. We will see how we measure up then. Methinks we might surprise a few folk yet again in this upcoming game. Go Lions!

Guest hevyrevy1611

I will go out on a limb & say, whatever 4 teams make it to playoffs from Region 7 will sweep the games against the Region 8 Memphis teams, setting up some great rematches, like last year. But imo, the other part of our bracket, Regions 5 & 6, are more unpredictable when they face off against each other in pkayoffs. Plenty of good teams with lotsa football left, with every game important.