Why login?

• It's free
  • Participate in the discussions
  • Contribute schedules, rosters and scores
  • Hide the advertising on the message boards by becoming a Plus member
  • Welcome to CoachT.com!

You can't become a part of our great high school sports community without logging in!

Regular visitors will tell you: they love keeping up with teams outside their own area. That only happens when we share information here on CoachT.com!

Don't have an account? It only takes a second to create one, and it's even easier with a Facebook or Twitter account!
    Photo

Monterey Wildcats

• Please log in to reply
    11 replies to this topic

#1 MDLTNHPZ

MDLTNHPZ

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 44 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:55 PM

I had planned on going to the Monterey vs LA game Friday but ended up missing it. I saw they lost by 2 and held LA to just 50 points. I saw Monterey play during the summer as I have a friend that has a son on the team and expected they would be pretty good. How did they look against LA?

#2 TALMAD

TALMAD

Challenger

• Members
    • 695 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:46 PM

I hear they are loaded with talent!!! Going to be a force to reckon with in 1A!!!

www.montereywildcats.org

#3 MDLTNHPZ

MDLTNHPZ

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 44 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:16 PM

I hope they have a great season.

#4 Shozen

Shozen

Trainer

• Members
    • 246 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

I hear they are loaded with talent!!! Going to be a force to reckon with in 1A!!!

After seeing them and other teams in 7A play; they are going to be the 3rd best team at best in 7A.

Clay Co is the clearcut favorite especially with Key averaging 40+ppg currently. Monterey doesn't make it past the first round of the region tourney.

They are better than last year but you are way overhyping their Cookeville transfers. They played LA close but only beat C-Range by one.

Edited by Shozen, 30 November 2016 - 04:12 PM.

#5 TALMAD

TALMAD

Challenger

• Members
    • 695 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

Warning: memcache_connect() [function.memcache-connect]: Can't connect to internal.memcached.coacht.net:11211, Connection refused (111) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

After seeing them and other teams in 7A play; they are going to be the 3rd best team at best in 7A.

Clay Co is the clearcut favorite especially with Key averaging 40+ppg currently. Monterey doesn't make it past the first round of the region tourney.

They are better than last year but you are way overhyping their Cookeville transfers. They played LA close but only beat C-Range by one.

double post sorry

Edited by TALMAD, 10 December 2016 - 02:07 PM.

www.montereywildcats.org

#6 TALMAD

TALMAD

Challenger

• Members
    • 695 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

Warning: memcache_connect() [function.memcache-connect]: Can't connect to internal.memcached.coacht.net:11211, Connection refused (111) in /mnt/wwwroot/boards/ips_kernel/classCacheMemcache.php on line 90

No Over-hype when your a homer lol! I knew they would be around 3rd this year! The Cookeville boys was averaged into the factor after i seen them on Football field! If they do like they did in Football they will come on later! Not really a basketball fan but i am from Monterey and want to see them all do good! Clay will make another deep run this year like last and i think Monterey will show up late in season and upset a couple teams come time! My Opinion this is the best Basketball team since the Castle boys in 92-94 season! Those teams was good! Good luck to all Region teams! I also think Monterey will shine in Baseball this year also with a deep run!!!

www.montereywildcats.org

#7 85warrior

85warrior

Record Holder

• Members
    • 4,398 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

Why did players transfer from Cookeville to Monterey?

White County Basketball Tradition
    24 State Tournament Appearances
    3 State Championships

#8 repoman

repoman

Trainer

• Members
    • 170 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:22 AM

Guessin,Playing time.

#9 TALMAD

TALMAD

Challenger

• Members
    • 695 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:45 AM

Why did players transfer from Cookeville to Monterey?

Heard many different reasons! I think the new school and facilities had alot to do with it!

www.montereywildcats.org

#10 Shozen

Shozen

Trainer

• Members
    • 246 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:32 PM

100% playing time. There would be no other reason to transfer. Monterey got a new school but how many high school kids actually care about that. There would still be 10x more opportunity at Cookeville.

Edited by Shozen, 12 December 2016 - 05:38 PM.

Spirit Style Chooser: