Whitehaven Football 2017

Haven04

Who is going where?

Before the season started and according to the Whitehaven twitter page, about 13 seniors had schools interested in them.

Two players had verbally committed during the summer. #22, Aubrey Miller committed to Missouri and #1, J'len Smith committed to Air Force. I've since read where J'len has reopened his recruiting and now it looks like he will be going to the Naval Academy.

I have most of my ino written down at the office, so I'm going off memory as I type on my phone, so forgive any mistakes I may make.

If memory serves me correctly, #11, Kylan Watkins had three offers in the summer. TTU, ETSU, & UTC. I also heard that the Naval Academy is going to offer #9, Kenneth Garrett along with J'len. I heard that TSU is after #4, Shabar Wilson and somebody else that I can't remember right now.

I'm going to list others who I think I remember seeing that they received offers from some smaller schools, but I don't remember the name of the schools off the top of my head. The list is as follows:

#5, Jabril Malone - TSU?, JSU?

#50, Taylor Walton - ?

#72, William Whitfield - ?

#64, Derek Geter - TSU?

#12, Kadedrick Richardson - ?

#2, Makerion Johnson - ?

#58, Darick Jackson - ?

The list above is all I can remember right now. I'm curious to see what happens to #8, Lesley Moseby, #28, Vontavious Thacker, #6, Deniro Tillman, & #24, Tyrone Cason.

Quite frankly, I think all of thme have a chanice to get a scholly somewhere.

If anyone knows anything about any of these young men, or perhaps, someone I didn't mention, please share. I want to give kudos to all of the young men who are awarded scholarships.

Edited by kwc

. . . but what if you just quit worrying about it?  Wouldn't racists get less joy from being racist if their thoughts, comments, and behaviors didn't get under someone's skin?  And wouldn't that make it less fun to be a racist?  If there is no reward for that kind of behavior, wouldn't it stop?

Racism will exist as long as it is bothersome to someone.  When it is not bothersome, it will lessen because it is not fun to try to make someone mad who simply will not respond and get mad.  It is like trying to tickle someone who isn't ticklish.  The tickling stops because the activity doesn't cause a response.

Now, before you explode, slow down and consider what I just wrote.  As an example, your calling me racist doesn't bother me in the least.  Albeit, I find it odd that you accuse me of racism based simply on your belief that I am white and that I live in some unsophisticated "part of the woods".  

Who is going where?

Before the season started and according to the Whitehaven twitter page, about 13 seniors had schools interested in them.

Two players had verbally committed during the summer. Aubrey Miller committed to Missouri and J'len Smith committed to Air Force. I've since read where J'len has reopened his recruiting and now it looks like he will be going to the Naval Academy.

I have most of my ino wrotten

What would it take to get some of these athletes to commit to my alma mater, the former Memphis State University?  Are they not being recruited?

. . . but what if you just quit worrying about it?  Wouldn't racists get less joy from being racist if their thoughts, comments, and behaviors didn't get under someone's skin?  And wouldn't that make it less fun to be a racist?  If there is no reward for that kind of behavior, wouldn't it stop?

Racism will exist as long as it is bothersome to someone.  When it is not bothersome, it will lessen because it is not fun to try to make someone mad who simply will not respond and get mad.  It is like trying to tickle someone who isn't ticklish.  The tickling stops because the activity doesn't cause a response.

Now, before you explode, slow down and consider what I just wrote.  As an example, your calling me racist doesn't bother me in the least.  Albeit, I find it odd that you accuse me of racism based simply on your belief that I am white and that I live in some unsophisticated "part of the woods".  

If I slapped you up side your head DAILY and was unrelenting in doing such you would have to be a d@m Fool or a Robot to quit reacting to it. So which one do you want black people, especially those living in the South, to be? 

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Spoken like a true racist!!! What part of the woods do you live in....racism is on the news everyday....it's holding the country back not just us. We push forward by dealing with it not hiding from it like some of you want. You know it will only bring out certain truths that people like you don't want to hear...being that you call yourself facts only I'm sure you can dig up alot of history in this state alone about racism, so don't come hear telling black people to leave it alone when its still widespread today!!!! Smh

To respond to the Bolded, underlined points, FactsOnly, he was NOT calling you a racist. He was saying you are saying a statement that a BOLD FACE Racist WOULD say... Then he asked where you stay to see IF you may lean that way or if you are playing Devil's Advocate. That's what I saw. 

Thumbs up on Henry County.  I could make that drive to see it.  Think they would actually play you?

In Whitehaven, Not likely, but I feel confident that their AD and program wouldn't be afraid to play us on a "Neutral site"... I honestly believe if we could get a Home and Home with a squad like HC that would get us much more prepared for the 6A playoffs along with bringing in some good money more so than playing Ridgeway...... 

If I slapped you up side your head DAILY and was unrelenting in doing such you would have to be a d@m Fool or a Robot to quit reacting to it. So which one do you want black people, especially those living in the South, to be? 

Slapping up side a head is a crime.  

I'm not talking about crime, I'm talking about the idea of racism.

To respond to the Bolded, underlined points, FactsOnly, he was NOT calling you a racist. He was saying you are saying a statement that a BOLD FACE Racist WOULD say... Then he asked where you stay to see IF you may lean that way or if you are playing Devil's Advocate. That's what I saw. 

Spoken like a passionate Whitehaven Tigers football fan.  

Now I'm not accusing you of being a passionate Whitehaven Tigers football fan, don't get me wrong, because I know you really aren't.  I was just using that as an example.

What would it take to get some of these athletes to commit to my alma mater, the former Memphis State University? Are they not being recruited?

I know that the U of M offered Aubrey Miller this past summer. I know that they were interested in J'len as well, but I don't know if they offered him or not. Some others may have been on campus for a recruiting visit, but if they have, I'm not privy to that info. The most of what I posted happened this past summer. The recent info I heard about J'len came from an administrator I know to which I happened to bump into him at Picadilly one day and it came up in a discussion.

The U of M went after who they wanted. Some other developments may come forth. We will just have to wait answer see. I'd love to see them offer Vontavious or Lesley for that matter.

Edited by kwc

In Whitehaven, Not likely, but I feel confident that their AD and program wouldn't be afraid to play us on a "Neutral site"... I honestly believe if we could get a Home and Home with a squad like HC that would get us much more prepared for the 6A playoffs along with bringing in some good money more so than playing Ridgeway...... 

I know they played Ridgeway several times when Counce Sr was still coaching great series!  This might be another good one if HC can make it competitive.  Everybody can't field a defense like yours every year!