Whitehaven Football 2017

Haven04

I can neither confirm or deny. I just learned of this as a result of reading your post. You better believe that I will inquire.

Laussane is building a powerhouse. Don't be fooled because they are not considered to be in the largest classification in D2. You do not have to have a large student enrollment in a private school league to be dominant, regardless of school size. All you have to do is have the right coach to recruit players. School enrollment has NOTHING to do with how powerful of a football program that you can build.

Trust me when I say this. Laussane will be able to compete with anybody. Brentwood Academy, MBA, MUS, CBHS, Whitehaven, Oakland, Maryville, Independence.

DO NOT BE FOOLED.

However, I will ask around.

Oh I definitely understand that enrollment isn't everything, especially D2. It does have an effect though, based on just sheer numbers on the team. I just don't know that they have the depth to match up with all of those larger schools. I know this past year they had very few, if any, two way starters, but I think their back ups were generally starters on the other side of the ball. I do think for one game it's possible for them to beat anyone though, but harder to sustain it for an entire season. Hopefully what I have heard aren't just rumors, it would be a lot of fun!

Oh I definitely understand that enrollment isn't everything, especially D2. It does have an effect though, based on just sheer numbers on the team. I just don't know that they have the depth to match up with all of those larger schools. I know this past year they had very few, if any, two way starters, but I think their back ups were generally starters on the other side of the ball. I do think for one game it's possible for them to beat anyone though, but harder to sustain it for an entire season. Hopefully what I have heard aren't just rumors, it would be a lot of fun!

Well, that isn't always necessarily the case with D2 schools. Ensworth is the prime example. Their enrollment is nowhere near a large school. However, if you throw in their administration's point of view on developing the best football program in the entire state, regardless of the enrollment numbers, throw in the money they throw at the program, from facilities, to coaching salaries, to assisting student-athletes in becoming enrolled, to even considering becoming a boarder school. Rumor or not ... smoke generally indicates a fire somewhere. .. even if it is just smoldering. My comments are just stating the obvious. .. there is precedent. D2 schools operate on a different set of rules entirely. A small school like Lausanne is capable of creating a monster football program, one that rivals the best in the state, if they are so inclined. If everybody involved is committed to do just that, it can be done. Again, Ensworth.

It appears that Lausanne is so inclined. They are going to collect gold balls. It's not going to be pretty.

Just think. This year Lausanne had the best OL in the state in Isaiah Stokes. 6'-8" tall at 290 lbs. or so. 5-star recruit before the season even began. Low and behold, Isaiah is also an excellant athlete ... so much so, that he played AAU basketball in the summer on Team Penny, and had such a good AAU season that he opted to NOT play football this season at Lausanne. Imagine, losing your best OL and yet you still have a dominant OL. Laussane just moved on, dominated, and won the gold ball despite of.

Like I said Lausanne is building a monster over there.

Edited by kwc

Your view of the world is not everyone's view- you can always go down the path of fear and scarcity or the one where you see what is going right .

I have worked in the inner city and have run a charity for 20 years so I get it on a level maybe even you can't see but I chose to see the good and see what is going right and I also chose to see the miracle of people when they come together. I think most white and. Black people are doing the best they can and most of us no matter what color we are love other people including people who don't look like us.

That's my only gripe with you man - you always find the negative in everything and it's your pain body you hang on to. How about we tell some stories of hope and inspiration and point out the many good people and great stories of friendship and hope which is what happens most often when we do things together as one people

manure.jpg?w=663

Your post

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Well, that isn't always necessarily the case with D2 schools. Ensworth is the prime example. Their enrollment is nowhere near a large school. However, if you throw in their administration's point of view on developing the best football program in the entire state, regardless of the enrollment numbers, throw in the money they throw at the program, from facilities, to coaching salaries, to assisting student-athletes in becoming enrolled, to even considering becoming a boarder school. Rumor or not ... smoke generally indicates a fire somewhere. .. even if it is just smoldering. My comments are just stating the obvious. .. there is precedent. D2 schools operate on a different set of rules entirely. A small school like Lausanne is capable of creating a monster football program, one that rivals the best in the state, if they are so inclined. If everybody involved is committed to do just that, it can be done. Again, Ensworth.

It appears that Lausanne is so inclined. They are going to collect gold balls. It's not going to be pretty.

Just think. This year Lausanne had the best OL in the state in Isaiah Stokes. 6'-8" tall at 290 lbs. or so. 5-star recruit before the season even began. Low and behold, Isaiah is also an excellant athlete ... so much so, that he played AAU basketball in the summer on Team Penny, and had such a good AAU season that he opted to NOT play football this season at Lausanne. Imagine, losing your best OL and yet you still have a dominant OL. Laussane just moved on, dominated, and won the gold ball despite of.

Like I said Lausanne is building a monster over there.

Don't want to nit pic your post because I agree with just about everything you said, but the Stokes situation is actually pretty misleading. It's kind of crazy he was highly regarded as a football player as he really only played half of a season at OT. He did not play last season either and this year he actually goes to IMG in Florida for basketball.

In regards to everything else you said, I completely agree. I guess what I was saying is that I'm not sure if they are quite to the point that ensworth is at YET. Like you said, if the administration is behind the program it is indeed possible for D2 schools to compete at the top levels. It does appear that they have the support, but to what extent is yet to be seen.

Your view of the world is not everyone's view- you can always go down the path of fear and scarcity or the one where you see what is going right .

I have worked in the inner city and have run a charity for 20 years so I get it on a level maybe even you can't see but I chose to see the good and see what is going right and I also chose to see the miracle of people when they come together. I think most white and. Black people are doing the best they can and most of us no matter what color we are love other people including people who don't look like us.

That's my only gripe with you man - you always find the negative in everything and it's your pain body you hang on to. How about we tell some stories of hope and inspiration and point out the many good people and great stories of friendship and hope which is what happens most often when we do things together as one people

I find the reality in things... You're lying to yourself to think "most" white folks out here doing the right thing when Donald J. Trump is the president-elect.

Your ideas about me are Bogus, and you've never been black. I say do a science project and go get you a make up artist and be black for one day. You'll understand the perceived rage then

I find the reality in things... You're lying to yourself to think "most" white folks out here doing the right thing when Donald J. Trump is the president-elect.

Your ideas about me are Bogus, and you've never been black. I say do a science project and go get you a make up artist and be black for one day. You'll understand the perceived rage then

You might want to do some research of how trump became president. I for one like Bernie but the DNC screwed that one up. Trump carried the some amount of white voters as Romney did in 2012 when Obama won. Hillary Clinton did not run as strongly among these core Democratic groups as Obama did in 2012. Clinton held an 80-point advantage among blacks (88% to 8%) compared with Obama’s 87-point edge four years ago (93% to 6%).Clinton received a lower share of the vote among young voters (ages 18-29) than Obama received in 2012 or 2008. Young adults preferred Clinton over Trump by a wide 55%-37% margin; by comparison, Obama had a 60%-36% advantage over Romney in 2012.

Sorry for a political rant but don't blame Trumps election on white people not doing the right thing. Just because someone voted for trump because they didn't like how corrupt Clinton was doesn't make them them the problem. (It's like picking between 2 evils).You could blame it on millennials and Clinton not caring the same votes Obama did

Edited by Swipes

A

How do you know what color I am ?

B

I would be willing to bet everything I have that I do more in the inner city than anyone you know. I was born and raised in the inner city and I have dedicated my life to fighting for people who have nothing. But that fight is about education and bridging the gap not hate.

you are living out your own dream just like everyone else . I just get tired of your rants about the things you rant about on here that have nothing to do with football.

Ben Harper wrote why are the first ones to ask always the last to give every time. So I hope you put your money where your mouth is and actually do something to help.

Merry Christmas

A

How do you know what color I am ?

B

I would be willing to bet everything I have that I do more in the inner city than anyone you know. I was born and raised in the inner city and I have dedicated my life to fighting for people who have nothing. But that fight is about education and bridging the gap not hate.

you are living out your own dream just like everyone else . I just get tired of your rants about the things you rant about on here that have nothing to do with football.

Ben Harper wrote why are the first ones to ask always the last to give every time. So I hope you put your money where your mouth is and actually do something to help.

Merry Christmas

I get tired of you commenting on my opinions but I see that you refuse to stop it. My lack of football knowledge must make you an outright dunce as you haven't and likely can't impress me with what you think you know Edited by BlackHavenSenator

You finish last in bgim contest every year so obviously you don't know football in your own town and seem to be on here to constantly stir up problems and spout out negative post whenever you can - so I will continue to comment on your post whenever I wish. I'm not trying to impress you or anyone else on here just get tired of the non football rants.

I get tired of you commenting on my opinions but I see that you refuse to stop it. My lack of football knowledge must make you an outright dunce as you haven't and likely can't impress me with what you think you know

Just when I've about had it on here , I see a post like this . It's amazing how much you can tell about someone from just a few of their words .... You're a very Wise man BaylorbigDog , and hearing people like you gives me hope for our kids and Grandkid's Future !

Don't want to nit pic your post because I agree with just about everything you said, but the Stokes situation is actually pretty misleading. It's kind of crazy he was highly regarded as a football player as he really only played half of a season at OT. He did not play last season either and this year he actually goes to IMG in Florida for basketball.

In regards to everything else you said, I completely agree. I guess what I was saying is that I'm not sure if they are quite to the point that ensworth is at YET. Like you said, if the administration is behind the program it is indeed possible for D2 schools to compete at the top levels. It does appear that they have the support, but to what extent is yet to be seen.

Thanks for clarity on the Stokes situation. I knew of his AAU status, and I knew that he was considered highly as a college lineman on the recruiting circuits. I, however, did not know much of the details when it comes to him. Thanks for filling in the blanks.

As far as Lausanne goes; I'm of the same opinion. They are in the building stage. My statements though, are to emphasize that it is being done there, like it is being done at Ensworth. D2 schools aren't reliant upon enrollment numbers to build strong football programs.

Edited by kwc