Whitehaven Football 2017

Haven04

Slapping up side a head is a crime.  

I'm not talking about crime, I'm talking about the idea of racism.

Red-lining, Block busting, Predatory lending, Not approving certain business loans nor putting certain businesses in certain Zip Codes, Police Brutality and outright murder of unarmed POC 3x more than Whites are not merely IDEAS... It's Racism in action, Daily. Stop it Jack. Stop talking on it if you going to be this guy about it 

51465947.jpg

Red-lining, Block busting, Predatory lending, Not approving certain business loans nor putting certain businesses in certain Zip Codes, Police Brutality and outright murder of unarmed POC 3x more than Whites are not merely IDEAS... It's Racism in action, Daily. Stop it Jack. Stop talking on it if you going to be this guy about it 

51465947.jpg

Again, those things are crimes.  I'm not saying to ignore crimes.

I have personally been refused loans, a victim of violent crime, pulled over for no clear reason, and lived where resources were unsatisfactory for no reason than it being inconvenient to put resources there.  Today, I've even been suggested to be a white racist.

Except for the latter, I don't consider these racist at all.  I don't think I'm ignoring anything, I just don't see it the same.

I know they played Ridgeway several times when Counce Sr was still coaching great series!  This might be another good one if HC can make it competitive.  Everybody can't field a defense like yours every year!

I would not have wanted to partake this year.  I would like to see how we'd do this upcoming year.  We are either going to be very good or we have a problem.

Again, those things are crimes.  I'm not saying to ignore crimes.

I have personally been refused loans, a victim of violent crime, pulled over for no clear reason, and lived where resources were unsatisfactory for no reason than it being inconvenient to put resources there.  Today, I've even been suggested to be a white racist.

Except for the latter, I don't consider these racist at all.  I don't think I'm ignoring anything, I just don't see it the same.

And that sucks, but it still doesn't change the fact that it happens to racial minorities exponentially more than it happens to white people. 

And I'm of the opinion that this has devolved into more of a poverty issue than a race issue, i.e. a poor white male 20-something from southern Appalachia has about the same chance of succeeding as a poor black male 20-something from inner city Chicago. But even still, those two aren't mutually exclusive. All I'm saying is that where there is smoke, there is usually fire. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, etc. etc.

And yes, bhs is right and then some about red lining, white flight, and urban decadence. Racism goes much deeper than whips, chains, jim crow, and the n-word.

But I'm going to stop before this thread gets locked as well.  

In Whitehaven, Not likely, but I feel confident that their AD and program wouldn't be afraid to play us on a "Neutral site"... I honestly believe if we could get a Home and Home with a squad like HC that would get us much more prepared for the 6A playoffs along with bringing in some good money more so than playing Ridgeway......

Whitehaven can play HC & play Ridgeway. Both games would be against good competition while also having a good payday. I think HC would love to do a home/home arrangement. Why wouldn't they? They come to Whitehaven Memorial Stadium and then the next year Whitehaven goes to Paris. Or vise versa. That would be great!

Whitehaven could play both. Especially with the new regoin only having four (4) teams in it next year. Whitehaven will be looking for games against quality teams. Why get rid of a good game like Ridgeway? Naw bruh, keep the Ridgeway game and add HC. That's the way to go.

None of that neutral site crap either. Home/home contracts only. Let's fill up the joint. Whitehaven Stadium has more then enough room in the visitor's stands and enough parking to host anybody. We don't need a neutral site to play a team. Why spend the money on a neutral site? Keep that money in house.

Edited by kwc

Whitehaven can play HC & play Ridgeway. Both games would be against good competition while also having a good payday. I think HC would love to do a home/home arrangement. Why wouldn't they? They come to Whitehaven Memorial Stadium and then the next year Whitehaven goes to Paris. Or vise versa. That would be great!

Whitehaven could play both. Especially with the new regoin only having four (4) teams in it next year. Whitehaven will be looking for games against quality teams. Why get rid of a good game like Ridgeway? Naw bruh, keep the Ridgeway game and add HC. That's the way to go.

None of that neutral site crap either. Home/home contracts only. Let's fill up the joint. Whitehaven Stadium has more then enough room in the visitor's stands and enough parking to host anybody. We don't need a neutral site to play a team. Why spend the money on a neutral site? Keep that money in house.

I have heard rumors around town that Whitehaven is trying to schedule both MUS and Lausanne. Can anyone confirm or deny that? MUS would be a great game IMO that would feature very few points because of stellar defense. Don't know that Lausanne could match up with them but still would be an interesting game as they are a state championship caliber team

I have heard rumors around town that Whitehaven is trying to schedule both MUS and Lausanne. Can anyone confirm or deny that? MUS would be a great game IMO that would feature very few points because of stellar defense. Don't know that Lausanne could match up with them but still would be an interesting game as they are a state championship caliber team

I can neither confirm or deny. I just learned of this as a result of reading your post. You better believe that I will inquire.

Laussane is building a powerhouse. Don't be fooled because they are not considered to be in the largest classification in D2. You do not have to have a large student enrollment in a private school league to be dominant, regardless of school size. All you have to do is have the right coach to recruit players. School enrollment has NOTHING to do with how powerful of a football program that you can build.

Trust me when I say this. Laussane will be able to compete with anybody. Brentwood Academy, MBA, MUS, CBHS, Whitehaven, Oakland, Maryville, Independence.

DO NOT BE FOOLED.

However, I will ask around.

Edited by kwc

. . . but what if you just quit worrying about it? Wouldn't racists get less joy from being racist if their thoughts, comments, and behaviors didn't get under someone's skin? And wouldn't that make it less fun to be a racist? If there is no reward for that kind of behavior, wouldn't it stop?

Racism will exist as long as it is bothersome to someone. When it is not bothersome, it will lessen because it is not fun to try to make someone mad who simply will not respond and get mad. It is like trying to tickle someone who isn't ticklish. The tickling stops because the activity doesn't cause a response.

Now, before you explode, slow down and consider what I just wrote. As an example, your calling me racist doesn't bother me in the least. Albeit, I find it odd that you accuse me of racism based simply on your belief that I am white and that I live in some unsophisticated "part of the woods".

You sound more uneducated than what you actually believe...you think by ignoring something it will go away...closing your ears will make it non existing!!! That's where I get the backwoods from...you think a pothole in the street won't bother anyone if you don't hit it. But it's still there and will continue to grow...stick to stats because you know nothing about this...mad?? No. Facts are facts that you don't want to hear!!!

You sound more uneducated than what you actually believe...you think by ignoring something it will go away...closing your ears will make it non existing!!! That's where I get the backwoods from...you think a pothole in the street won't bother anyone if you don't hit it. But it's still there and will continue to grow...stick to stats because you know nothing about this...mad?? No. Facts are facts that you don't want to hear!!!

I'm not saying ignore it.  I'm just saying to not let it be the foremost issue in your consciousness.  

Why do you disagree so aggressively?  Why not counter my suggestion with one of your own?

You can not ever expect the problem you are so concerned with to be improved by accusing someone with good intentions of being racist, backwoods, uneducated, closing ears to facts they don't want to hear.  You immediately put me on the defensive with your negative and hostile attitude.  

I'll leave it this.  I'm not going to change your mind because you won't think or offer an idea. You just want to fight back.  You'll never contribute to a solution because of that.

Edited by FactsOnly

I can neither confirm or deny. I just learned of this as a result of reading your post. You better believe that I will inquire.

Laussane is building a powerhouse. Don't be fooled because they are not considered to be in the largest classification in D2. You do not have to have a large student enrollment in a private school league to be dominant, regardless of school size. All you have to do is have the right coach to recruit players. School enrollment has NOTHING to do with how powerful of a football program that you can build.

Trust me when I say this. Laussane will be able to compete with anybody. Brentwood Academy, MBA, MUS, CBHS, Whitehaven, Oakland, Maryville, Independence.

DO NOT BE FOOLED.

However, I will ask around.

I agree with you about enrollment size.  Remember Bolton High School basketball in the 70s?