• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

howdoitknow

The 2016 Class 2A State Champions

Intense    14

I didn't know that was you filming me lol. 2015 State Champs too

No.......you would have still been runnerup. We would have had the Gold ball. You would have had it in 2016. Goldsmith would have probably been back for the title game in 2015.

No.......you would have still been runnerup. We would have had the Gold ball. You would have had it in 2016. Goldsmith would have probably been back for the title game in 2015.

:popcorneater:

tradertwo    85

Bassy is right. I wouldn't want a title handed to us like that anyway. If it was proven true it's a raw deal for the kids from MC, Waverly or whoever else would have had a shot. But it's an even worse thing for the kids that were manipulated for personal gain from a staff or administration. Until proven otherwise Trezevant is your state champion.

You are exactly right. The real "victims", (if the allegations are true) are the Trez kids who were used for the purpose of competing for titles, passed through the system without merit, then discarded. The Memphis faithful will probably defend the school and coaches regardless of findings, when they should be offended by the whole concept. 

Education is the way out of poverty for everyone...football for the .05 percent. 

howdoitknow    25

You are exactly right. The real "victims", (if the allegations are true) are the Trez kids who were used for the purpose of competing for titles, passed through the system without merit, then discarded. The Memphis faithful will probably defend the school and coaches regardless of findings, when they should be offended by the whole concept.

Education is the way out of poverty for everyone...football for the .05 percent.

Five hundredths of a single percent?

I watched an ESPN documentary one time that spike to this. They mentioned that less than 1% of all high school athletes receive a full paid scholarship to compete in that sport in college. Of all of those athletes that play sports in college, less than 1% go on to play that sport professionally. So I would say that trader is probably pretty accurate.

Roy Dillard    132

*** BREAKING NEWS FROM FAKE NEWS ***

It's being reported that Marion County is your 2016 Class 2A State champion.

We go live to the scene in Jasper.  

giphy.gif

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you I called that man at Ronnies red eye and that Childress man didnt give the championship to that Mathis man. He is on probation to. You think im joking but im not.

Southtowner    271

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you I called that man at Ronnies red eye and that Childress man didnt give the championship to that Mathis man. He is on probation to. You think im joking but im not.

It was a bunch of mess Roy.   Alternative facts, fake news and all that jazz.

tradertwo    85

I'd say that wouldn't be much of an overstatement...I specified football, not athletics, and technically a scholarship is education. I'm referring to the very few who sign to play for pay.

howdoitknow    25

I'd say that wouldn't be much of an overstatement...I specified football, not athletics, and technically a scholarship is education. I'm referring to the very few who sign to play for pay.

You're probably very close.

I think we meant the same thing. I just mentioned the documentary as a way to point out the very small likelihood that same will actually make their living playing football.