Houston County @ Huntingdon Homecoming

KermitDeeFrog

The top three teams in the Single A are

Dresden, UC, and Huntingdon....I believe I said that last week or so. You pick the order that you like best. It's not flapping lips, when you call it and back it up. Huntingdon needs to be pulling for Dresden, because you'd rather play UC this year. Just the facts...Kermy

I wanna play the best and I think it is union city, but I also think we'd have a better shot against them.  I think this is one of huntingdons best teams, but we got to watch out for short slant passes, and your qb has some accuracy.  Iyiyiyiyi neither would be easy Union City got some speed.

wildcat, I think week 10 will be a tough one, and have been thinking for a while that Wayne County should be in top 5.  I got no problems with Trenton, but that was team I think shouldnt be in top 5 and huntingdon shouldve been instead.  I probably shouldve said Wayne County was dark horse earlier in season like us and dresden but didnt know enough about them that early.  I think we got a better stacked team overall but when we play you, both times for that matter we better not overlook you.

Huntingdon is twice the team that Trenton is. I'm past the Trenton game....so I'm not kicking sand in their face, but one person cannot win a game against a great team. And on top of that, they do not like being hit hard. They get a lot slower as the game goes on and a lot more timid when they are trying to catch some of those passes. On to the next one now......

1. Huntingdon is a great team and well coached. 2. The refs were some of the worst I've seen but equally bad for both teams. 3. #44 is a stud and without him they would not be near as good as they are. 4. There are a lot of crybabys in Huntingdons fan base, crying about calls with a huge lead. 5. Way to go Alum05 talk about classless way to call out an 18 year old on CoachT. You should be proud of your stupidity.

Huntingdon is twice the team that Trenton is. I'm past the Trenton game....so I'm not kicking sand in their face, but one person cannot win a game against a great team. And on top of that, they do not like being hit hard. They get a lot slower as the game goes on and a lot more timid when they are trying to catch some of those passes. On to the next one now......

I said the same thing early on just based on Milan match up huntingdon mercy rule them in 2nd qtr and Trenton trailed them the entire game up to last 60 seconds to beat them. Trenton too many discipline issues and no team chemistry this year. Stardom went to some heads and never came back out of the clouds. Great win though I predicted dresden win but not 39-0 that was a surprise

Huntingdon is looking good, teams we've made look bad milan, Mckenzie, Lexington all getting some quality wins and looking good I think huntingdon is just that good at this point in the season. Ad long as they stay healthy and keep the chemistry and hustle up they are putting themselves in good position

Well not what us Houston County fans wanted to see but we knew what Huntingdon was before we played them. Athletic, well coached, and great size. To agree with the statement "terrible ref crew" would be an understatement . HC forced a fumble the first kick off only to have their offense on the field and a ref come from Huntingdons sideline to say oh wait , inadvertent whistle "Huntingdon ball" . Don't read too much into this I'm in absolutely no way saying that one call had any effect in the overall outcome only advising it was terrible calls all night long for both teams. As far as the comments on number 68 your as far from the truth as you could be . These are still kids people, teenage kids. I know the kid and his family . He's got one of the biggest hearts of anyone on that team and he hasn't been raised to act the way some have described him tonight. It's highschool football . Tensions are high especially when your getting beat. He might have acted out tonight at one point but stating he's classless is just ignorance and shows your intelligence level . I'm sure win or lose Huntingdon fans will see their kids get a taste of the frustration once you meet union city in the playoffs and get tested. I wish the best for Huntingdon. Great kids, class act of a coaching staff. The fan base there is absolutely phenomenal . Public schools HC 's size wish one day to have a program such as the one Huntingdon has been able to build . So, best of luck to that football program. Last thing and I'm done. HC is absolutely not over rated. Huntingdon and possibly Wayne are in a league of their own is more like it. HC I would say more likely than not will go 8-2 at the very worst and represent this regions 3rd seeded team. That's not over rated guys. That's simply heavily outmatched by a much better team. That is all for me. Hope everyone left the game healthy. Best of luck to both teams going forward ,

Heard the fan the got tossed is a preacher in Houston Co lol

Misinformation... The fan who got tossed was a parent whose son had just gotten grabbed by the back of the jersey and thrown to the ground by a Huntingdon O-lineman when he was in position to make a tackle and prevent the touchdown that was just scored by Huntingdon.  It was one of many illegal blocks made during the game.  The same player also suffered a dangerous head-to-head blow just a few plays earlier that should have been penalized.  Both blown calls were right in front of the official.  Not many dads would stand by and just let that go.  And perhaps they shouldn't.

Proud of the way Houston County battled through adversity against a significantly stronger team.  Those boys deserve some respect.

A little stat for you... 5 forced fumbles in this game were all somehow nullified either by odd officiating or failure to capitalize by the Irish.  Ball-security might be something to work on if Huntingdon wants to represent our region and go deep into the playoffs.

Appreciate the honesty and integrity of what Pride31 had to say.  I can vouch for #68 as well.  Good kid.  Not perfect.  But good kid.

Super impressed with #44.  That kid is a tremendous talent and clearly a hard-worker.  Inspiring to watch him run!  Probably the best linebacker we've seen in years.  As a team, Huntingdon is superior to most high school teams because of the tenacity and prowess with which they block and tackle.  Kudos to the Mustangs for building a tradition of doing the fundamentals well.

I grew up in Houston County and have admired the quality of the Mustang program since I saw them trample Harpeth in a quarter final game back in '99.  I always said I wanted to see that kind of tradition established in HC.  Hopefully Houston County will continue to build & grow up into a healthy rival for Huntingdon.

Looking forward to playing Wayne County next week.  Good luck to WC and Huntingdon both when you arrive at your week 10 showdown.  It is a privilege to be in a region with legit programs like these.

Well not what us Houston County fans wanted to see but we knew what Huntingdon was before we played them. Athletic, well coached, and great size. To agree with the statement "terrible ref crew" would be an understatement . HC forced a fumble the first kick off only to have their offense on the field and a ref come from Huntingdons sideline to say oh wait , inadvertent whistle "Huntingdon ball" . Don't read too much into this I'm in absolutely no way saying that one call had any effect in the overall outcome only advising it was terrible calls all night long for both teams. As far as the comments on number 68 your as far from the truth as you could be . These are still kids people, teenage kids. I know the kid and his family . He's got one of the biggest hearts of anyone on that team and he hasn't been raised to act the way some have described him tonight. It's highschool football . Tensions are high especially when your getting beat. He might have acted out tonight at one point but stating he's classless is just ignorance and shows your intelligence level . I'm sure win or lose Huntingdon fans will see their kids get a taste of the frustration once you meet union city in the playoffs and get tested. I wish the best for Huntingdon. Great kids, class act of a coaching staff. The fan base there is absolutely phenomenal . Public schools HC 's size wish one day to have a program such as the one Huntingdon has been able to build . So, best of luck to that football program. Last thing and I'm done. HC is absolutely not over rated. Huntingdon and possibly Wayne are in a league of their own is more like it. HC I would say more likely than not will go 8-2 at the very worst and represent this regions 3rd seeded team. That's not over rated guys. That's simply heavily outmatched by a much better team. That is all for me. Hope everyone left the game healthy. Best of luck to both teams going forward ,

I agree with this entire post!