Seth Skogen

hoopsnpigskin1587

I hope someone holds me to this, if Seth Skogen gets to goto Alabama and play football at a higher level than intramurals and recieves quality playing time, I will sell me truck and donate all the money to the Athletic Department @ TTA.

If he was going to goto some SEC school, they would have alreay started talking to him. The kid might be good, but there is no way in H-E-Double Hockey Sticks that he is Alabama good. Alabama may have had sub-par seasons (compared to traditional Alabama seasons), but even those teams were too good for him. Ya'll don't seem to realize, that at a school like Alabama, the men's and women's basketball teams could have had undefeated seasons and won the Final Four, and people still would talk about 'Bama.

If he wants to play D-1 football, he needs to look @ SunBelt or C-USA schools. The SEC is the best football conference bar-none year in, year out.

Seth Skogen Football talent ≠ SEC Football

Seth, maybe you can use this for bulletin board material, but I just don't see it happening.

825636681[/snapback]

Well I am just glad that someone with such experience and knowledge on football, how it's played, individual talent and such has expressed his opinion, thank you grace golden eagles for allowing all of us readers to get a look into how ignorant you really are- you don't have the slightest clue about- how good seth is, how hard he is working, his natural talent, and expecially what it even takes to play somewhere like that- you are completely void of any kind of true football experience or knowledge- so please just shut up- you just got out of high school where you tried to play basketball and didn't do that very well- now you get on coacht to brag about your truck and try to re live the "glory days" b/c your life (athletically) is going no where and your best days my friend are over....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well on the schedule I dont see too many big teams.  And although others opinions may vary from mine I think we can play w/ anyteam on our schedule and theres a great possibility that we could win every one of them.  I see Sequatchie as being the best team on our schedule bc of there size. And as we know our line isnt our strongpoint( not taking any credit from our lineman bc all of them play there hearts out). But it doesnt have to be considering we're a passing team out of the shotgun.  We're not as good as Boyd Buc yet as everyone knows, and probably never will be.  But I believe we can be successful next year and could possibly go to the 3rd or 4th week of the playoffs.  Its a possiblility.  thumb

825636060[/snapback]

The best team on your schedule will be South Pittsburgh...count on it. Vic will have his guys ready to go.

hey you can say all you wont cause it dont mean nothing its just makes people like seth work harder its funny that most the people downing seth is grace people guess yall still have hard feelings about the homecoming game  well thats to bad

825636857[/snapback]

Yeah, I cared so much about the Grace-Temple football game, that I stayed home and watched the UT-Georgia game.

By saying Skogen didn't have SEC talent I also meant UK, MISS ST., and Vandy. I'm not a disgruntled alumn from Grace. Hold me to my opinions, I'll be right.

The best team on your schedule will be South Pittsburgh...count on it.  Vic will have his guys ready to go.

825638524[/snapback]

Well Im still wanting to know if either Cody Walker or Arleen Matthews went to North Jackson. Because I know if these two players are playing for them, they will be good. But I dont see them being region. champs without these 2.

Yeah, I cared so much about the Grace-Temple football game, that I stayed home and watched the UT-Georgia game.

By saying Skogen didn't have SEC talent I also meant UK, MISS ST., and Vandy. I'm not a disgruntled alumn from Grace. Hold me to my opinions, I'll be right.

825638744[/snapback]

You'll be right!!! I would like to echo what loveit said- where is your "valuable and Knowledgeable" opinion coming from? vast experience from playing the game? oh probably from coaching....hanging out with good coaches- being good friends with good players???? probably none of those- I will hold you to your opinions and I hope your ready to get rid of that truck.....

You'll be right!!! I would like to echo what loveit said- where is your "valuable and Knowledgeable" opinion coming from?  vast experience from playing the game?  oh probably from coaching....hanging out with good coaches- being good friends with good players????  probably none of those- I will hold you to your opinions and I hope your ready to get rid of that truck.....

825639029[/snapback]

just because someone hasn't had all kinds of playing experience doesn't mean they can't know waht they are talking about, there are other ways of learning about a game, and just b/c you weren't the best player of your time doesn't mean you can't know about the game either...i mean look at utc's basketball coach, he didn't play basketball, he played tennis and yet he took them to the ncaa tournament this year...yes seth skogen is a good football player im sure of that, i just also dont feel he will be able to go high d-1, and i also will say temple does not have 3 players that are like oldtimeballer was saying

I can't believe the jealousy in this topic, there's no way anyone can tell if he will progress into an SEC player at this point. He does have good size, seems to have decent quickness which should get better with more training, plyometrics or such. Look how raw Adarious Bowman was as a sophomore, the ability was there but not the skill that comes with hundreds of practices and dozens of games. I doubt anyone predicted him to be a high school All-American (hopefully he hasn't wasted that ability but that's another topic). As for playing on a team nobody heard of, there was a lineman at City about 6 years ago before the program folded, he had the potential to play Division I-A and ended up at Memphis, had a pretty good career, I think I saw him voted 2nd team all CUSA a couple of years ago. If you can play, they'll find you.

I can't believe the jealousy in this topic, there's no way anyone can tell if he will progress into an SEC player at this point. He does have good size, seems to have decent quickness which should get better with more training, plyometrics or such. Look how raw Adarious Bowman was as a sophomore, the ability was there but not the skill that comes with hundreds of practices and dozens of games. I doubt anyone predicted him to be a high school All-American (hopefully he hasn't wasted that ability but that's another topic). As for playing on a team nobody heard of, there was a lineman at City about 6 years ago before the program folded, he had the potential to play Division I-A and ended up at Memphis, had a pretty good career, I think I saw him voted 2nd team all CUSA a couple of years ago. If you can play, they'll find you.

825639275[/snapback]

Good post- jealousy- that word nails it- notice the people downing are people who no longer have athletic careers and who weren't very good to begin with- (or who still aren't good at what they try to do)

Good post- jealousy- that word nails it- notice the people downing are people who no longer have athletic careers and who weren't very good to begin with- (or who still aren't good at what they try to do)

825639525[/snapback]

you are the only one that is downing anyone, you are always downing people who are out of high school and still posting...saying that someone is not a high d-1 prospect is not downing them, i've said taht he is a good player but just b/c i dont feel he could make it to alabama doesn't mean im downing him..ther are very few players that can go to a school like that for football, not all that many in this state

There is no way for anyone to know what the motives are behind the things that people are saying, so I will not even try. I do know this and I played college football and had pro try outs, Seth has the God given raw gifts to play at the next level IF, IF he works his ever living butt off. What level? That depends on him. He is 6'4" and right about 210 and has just started on a serious work out regiment. He was second in the city in number of catches last year, so he can obviously catch the ball, time will tell, but I will take the grace guy with the truck up on his big mouth bet. SEth, if he stays healthy, will play at the next level and could play at the highest level. I really have little time for Grace's comments on Temple, there is too much animosity for anything to be objective, but I have seen Seth play and seen his determination this off season. I for one believe in him and if you don't, fine...time will tell.