Might as well play it in Memphis tomorrow

Opperman

If you are saying play in Memphis in The Mid South Coliseum I say yea that would be good...Why put 8 or 9,000 people in an arena that holds what 19 or 20,000 people...Put em in The Coliseum...As to Mempho being dangerous...I have been to games at Kingsbury and Treadwell...They were great atmospheres for high school basketball and never once had a problem with the fans....If your scared say your scared.... :lol:

Also Chattanooga would be a good place to hold the state tourney at the Roundhouse....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are saying play in Memphis in The Mid South Coliseum I say yea that would be good...Why put 8 or 9,000 people in an arena that holds what 19 or 20,000 people...Put em in The Coliseum...As to Mempho being dangerous...I have been to games at Kingsbury and Treadwell...They were great atmospheres for high school basketball and never once had a problem with the fans....If your scared say your scared.... :lol:

Also Chattanooga would be a good place to hold the state tourney at the Roundhouse....

825623947[/snapback]

The Coliseum is an absolute dump. You're missing my whole point.

What would mean more to you 50 years from now talking to your grandkids? "I played in the state tournament at MTSU" or "I played in the state tournament where the (Grizzlies/Tigers/Vols/Preds) play"?

The bigger arenas can curtain off the upstairs levels if they don't expect to sell enough tickets to need them.

The Coliseum is an absolute dump.  You're missing my whole point.

What would mean more to you 50 years from now talking to your grandkids?  "I played in the state tournament at MTSU" or "I played in the state tournament where the (Grizzlies/Tigers/Vols/Preds) play"?

The bigger arenas can curtain off the upstairs levels if they don't expect to sell enough tickets to need them.

825623958[/snapback]

In fifty years I will probably will be pushing up daisies..But I do get your point....BTW..I was in the Coliseum back in Feb of 04 to see 3 Doors Down... Looked in pretty good shape to me and brought back a whole lot of memories of concerts and Mem. State basketball and Memphis Wrasslin'...But now I am telling my age... :lol:

In fifty years I will probably will be pushing up daisies..But I do get your point....BTW..I was in the Coliseum back in Feb of 04 to see 3 Doors Down... Looked in pretty good shape to me and brought back a whole lot of memories of concerts and Mem. State basketball and Memphis Wrasslin'...But now I am telling my age... :ph34r:

825623965[/snapback]

Your standards for pretty good shape are very, very different than mine, then. The Coliseum certainly had its days, but they've passed.

What would mean more to you 50 years from now talking to your grandkids?  "I played in the state tournament at MTSU" or "I played in the state tournament where the (Grizzlies/Tigers/Vols/Preds) play"?

825623958[/snapback]

The way things are going, there's a good chance there won't be any hockey in Nashville. Might be saying, "I played where they play arena football."