• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know everyone will be saying this is the Red Sox year to win the AL East but if the Yankees pitching staff can stay healthy they have to be the favorites to win the World Series. A-Rod will bounce back and have a great year after last years down season. The Red Sox will be the AL Wild Card, but wont have enought o beat the Yankees over 162 games.

I know everyone will be saying this is the Red Sox year to win the AL East but if the Yankees pitching staff can stay healthy they have to be the favorites to win the World Series. A-Rod will bounce back and have a great year after last years down season. The Red Sox will be the AL Wild Card, but wont have enought o beat the Yankees over 162 games.

825630089[/snapback]

NO! NO! NO!

The Redsox have improved since last year, adding Renteria was huge. Pedro had to go but we brought in 3 good pitchers to take his place(Wells, Clement, Miller). The allstar team(also known as the Yankees) is the favorite to win EVERY year since they have a 4 trillion dollar payroll but putting all those huge egos together in New York isnt necessarily a good thing. we'll see as the season goes on and Randy Johnson becomes the next great player to have his stats take a downhill dive once entering the Yankees pitching staff.

Yankees win the AL East.  Sox will miss Pedro and the three they brought in to replace him will not measure up to what Pedro has done for them.  Not to mention that Lowe is gone as well.

825630946[/snapback]

i loved Lowe when he was in Boston but do you remember what his ERA was last year??? trust me any of the 3 new guys will have no problem keeping their era under what Lowe's was. Pedro was falling apart and his ERA was almost 4 last season, worst ive ever seen from him. im gonna miss those 2 guys but it wont hurt the team any.

NO! NO! NO!

The Redsox have improved since last year, adding Renteria was huge. Pedro had to go but we brought in 3 good pitchers to take his place(Wells, Clement, Miller). The allstar team(also known as the Yankees) is the favorite to win EVERY year since they have a 4 trillion dollar payroll but putting all those huge egos together in New York isnt necessarily a good thing. we'll see as the season goes on and Randy Johnson becomes the next great player to have his stats take a downhill dive once entering the Yankees pitching staff.

825630623[/snapback]

Renteria probably isn't as good as we've thought. 2003 is looking like an outlier.

And how exactly are the Red Sox different than the Yankees? Their payroll is $125 million, they're raiding other teams' rosters in free agency, they're in a huge northeastern market and own their regional cable sports network, they're paying their top three players more than the entire payrolls of Milwaukee, Tampa, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh.

Welcome to being officially Yankees Jr., Boston.

Renteria probably isn't as good as we've thought.  2003 is looking like an outlier.

And how exactly are the Red Sox different than the Yankees?  Their payroll is $125 million, they're raiding other teams' rosters in free agency, they're in a huge northeastern market and own their regional cable sports network, they're paying their top three players more than the entire payrolls of Milwaukee, Tampa, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh.

Welcome to being officially Yankees Jr., Boston.

825631650[/snapback]

the Yankee's payroll was $182 million last year....thats a $57,000,000 difference. they are paying their top player only 2 million less than the Brewers entire team. they are paying their top 2 players more than those same 4 teams you mentioned. yes the Redsox have the 2nd highest payroll but they are still far from Yankee status in that department.

even if Renteria doesnt reach his 2003 numbers he will still be far better than Cabrera and he has one of the best gloves in the league.

Edited by btowntigers

I've been a Oriole fan since the amazing Mets beat them in the 69 Series. Always optimistic that they can be among the best in the AL East. But the Yankees and now the Red Sox will continue to dominate the division. Pitching and now the addition of Sammy will be key and once again I'll pull for them until the inevitable. GO ORIOLES thumb