BIG GAME'S 05 IN EAST TENNESSEE

BIG DAWG 71

The Alcoa and Maryville game will be outstanding. Again, both defending state champs. For Maryville the first game of the season. Alcoa has booked a game in Kentucky to prepair for another run at the 2A SC so they have a game under the belt, an advantage. I think they are the team to beat right behind Maryville of course. Maryville respects thier friends and neiborghers to the north except for one week a year. If Alcoa is to beat Maryville in front of their home crowd, with the studs they have comming back this would be the year. I do think Maryville will win the game with the experienced "D" they have comming back. This will be the game of the year in East TN in my view. Can't wait!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Medman, on the nose as usual.  :rolleyes:

The vikings graduated a bunch guys...unless you like blood lettings, I doubt it'll be much of a game.  I'd like to see TN High make a game of it though.  Rivalry has a lot to do with it of course.

825637110[/snapback]

Yes both teams lost a lot of guys. Hopefully the juniors that got playing time this past season will be able to step up and possibly have less penalties.

DeShaud Johnson will be back and I'm sure he will do well on punt returns and kickoffs unless they avoid kicking it to him.

Ryan Shaw got some experience against Maryville so that will help him out.

QB Daniel Booher got to have significant playing time in every regular season game in the second halves.

I find it amusing though how playing at home has major advantages compared to away games. I remember in '97 THS lost to a really good Gate City 14-10 at home, lost to an average Science Hill team 42-14 away, beat semifinalist Elizabethton 15-13 at home, and beat a 9-0 DB in overtime at home, and edged by Sullivan East 14-7 away. Hopefully this years team can play well away.