Best Football Atmosphere?

THSVikings2004

You should come down for the Maryville/Alcoa game Vike.  It's just amazing.

They say the William Blount/Heritage match up is one to see also. It's usually towards the end of the year and neither usually has much to lose at that point.  Both teams and sets of fans really get into the game.

I gotta say, from what I've been told, any game in Oak ridge has to be a spectacle.  They do a lot of cool things before, during and after the games.

825663226[/snapback]

I was thinking about it, but I think it would be hard to get tickets. The Tennessee High vs. East tickets went very quickly last year. First, they gave the football players top priority, then students, and the rest were sold to the public. People were lining up around 6 I believe at Viking Hall and only 15 or so people got tickets. Only 4 people got tickets at East when they went on sale to the public.

Since Alcoa is a 2A school, their stadium is probably a lot smaller than Tennessee High's and tickets will probably go twice as fast.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ELIZ. CYCLONES have a tremendous atmosphere. When The Hill or the VIkes or Happy Valley were their. Over 10K at each game and electricity in the air. When DB. comes in 0 week we will have 12k plus. It will be incredible. Then the Clones go to J.City. then come back home for the VIKES another huge crowd.

May not be the best but great and I mean great High School football.

825662900[/snapback]

Are you sure? The Tennessee High vs. Elizabethton game was at Elizabethton last year. If what you said is true, then we're going to have some lackluster home games.

You may have to stand but we don't have sell outs in Maryville.  I know the castel has limited standing room.  Alcoa has a pretty large facility for a 2A school and the turf is the best in Blount County in my opinion.  I hope the punks don't paint it for the game this year.

825663768[/snapback]

I hope someone paints a big red M right in the middle...kidding B)B)

You won't have a problem getting a ticket Vike. FBE is right. Both schools have great standing room only areas. It's not because there's no demand for tickets, it's because there's plenty o room.

I would reccommend getting to the stadium by 6:00pm, if you wanna sit down. Otherwise, you'll stand. You'll get in the game though. thumb

You may have to stand but we don't have sell outs in Maryville.  I know the castel has limited standing room.  Alcoa has a pretty large facility for a 2A school and the turf is the best in Blount County in my opinion.  I hope the punks don't paint it for the game this year.

825663768[/snapback]

We had a few standing room tickets that went on sale at kickoff. The fire marshall had to monitor them though. I just wish they didn't take half the track up so the walkway would be there in the stands.

Edited by THSVikings2004

We had a few standing room tickets that went on sale at kickoff.  The fire marshall had to monitor them though. I just wish they didn't take half the track up so the walkway would be there in the stands.

825664149[/snapback]

I don't mean this as a knock bro, but it is kinda funny....is there nothing else to do on a Friday nite in Bristol or is the stadium THAT small. I don't remember it being all that small.

I'm sure it's a tribute to how rabid TN High fans are...y'all certainly traveled to MHS well. I just can't imagine priority on tickets, only standing roo being left at gate opening time. It sounds like a game at Lambo Field or at the old basketball center in Chicago...before the United Center.

With all that gate $$, why haven't they put in more seats? Fill me in, what am I missin here?

I don't mean this as a knock bro, but it is kinda funny....is there nothing else to do on a Friday nite in Bristol or is the stadium THAT small.  I don't remember it being all that small.

I'm sure it's a tribute to how rabid TN High fans are...y'all certainly traveled to MHS well.  I just can't imagine priority on tickets, only standing roo being left at gate opening time.  It sounds like a game at Lambo Field or at the old basketball center in Chicago...before the United Center.

With all that gate $$, why haven't they put in more seats?  Fill me in, what am I missin here?

825664165[/snapback]

It's not that small really. It held a lot more people back in the 70's (probably twice as much as that one game on a regular basis). The fire marshall was way too strict for that game. Seeing as how it was East vs. TN High he may have thought right though.

It was the last game of the regular season and both teams were 9-0. This was THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY that EAST has gone past the 3-0 mark. So anyone associated with East High tried to get tickets at that game because they thought THIS WAS THE YEAR TO CRUSH TENNESSEE HIGH.

Their crowd was crazy though. They easily out cheered us...even when East came onto the field at the beginning of the third quarter when they were losing 35-0. It sort of felt like we were the away team. Then you have those airhorns, silly string, and cowbells.

Oh, about the money used for more seats. They recently spent money to reinforce the concrete because water was leaking through. Last year, they also added some type of plastic over some of the seats. The walkways are also a disaster because people are constantly going back and forth, back and forth.

Now what does Maryville have other than football and chicken wings in their town? You can't include anything from Knoxville. If you want to see mayhem come up here when about as many race fans as there are people in Knoxville come up here just to watch a dumb race. thumb

Edited by THSVikings2004

THSviking you experienced he best football atmosphere out there lsat year when you recieved your 49-0 thrashing at shields stadium in Maryville.

825637778[/snapback]

I was going to mention that myself. ... I traveled all the way from the NW part of the state just to experience the Rebel Nation in person. It was worth the drive. ....

Over here, Huntingdon and Milan have probably the best game night experience night-in and night-out. Huntingdon-McKenzie is huge, as is Milan-Humboldt. Both are electric. ... Union City-Obion Central can be a big night, but last year UC finished 2-8 and OC was 3-7, and they met at mid-season. So, not so much last year. Union City used to play in a lot of big games: OC, Westview, Milan, Humboldt. Covington-Ripley is a fun night. Peabody also has a good atmosphere, playing downtown. Peabody, Milan, Humboldt, Covington, Huntingdon all have old, concrete stadiums that are rich in history and tradition. Just being there is great.

It's not that small really. It held a lot more people back in the 70's (probably twice as much as that one game on a regular basis). The fire marshall was way too strict for that game. Seeing as how it was East vs. TN High he may have thought right though.

It was the last game of the regular season and both teams were 9-0. This was THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY that EAST has gone past the 3-0 mark. So anyone associated with East High tried to get tickets at that game because they thought THIS WAS THE YEAR TO CRUSH TENNESSEE HIGH.

Their crowd was crazy though. They easily out cheered us...even when East came onto the field at the beginning of the third quarter when they were losing 35-0. It sort of felt like we were the away team. Then you have those airhorns, silly string, and cowbells.

Oh, about the money used for more seats. They recently spent money to reinforce the concrete because water was leaking through. Last year, they also added some type of plastic over some of the seats. The walkways are also a disaster because people are constantly going back and forth, back and forth.

Now what does Maryville have other than football and chicken wings in their town? You can't include anything from Knoxville. If you want to see mayhem come up here when about as many race fans as there are people in Knoxville come up here just to watch a dumb race. thumb

825664265[/snapback]

Vike, Vike, Vike....we have the Foothills Movie Googleplex, we have Foothills Mall (affectionately known as Foothills Flea Market), we have Ruby Tuesday's, TGI Friday's, O'Charley's, HOOTERS, Applebee's, Uno's, Gondolier, Brackins, Par T Pub, the Bull Pen, Murphy's Sports Bar and another sports bar that changes it's name once a week...heck, we're a redneck mecca of entertainment and eating. ;)

We also have a stadium that don't leak.... thumb ;)

Hey, what is the fire marshall worried about? Is the stadium made of wood? It could take some time to burn a concrete structure...should be plenty of time to escape.

I'm ribbin ya bro....you gotta admit the leakage thing is funny.

Vike, Vike, Vike....we have the Foothills Movie Googleplex, we have Foothills Mall (affectionately known as Foothills Flea Market), we have Ruby Tuesday's, TGI Friday's, O'Charley's, HOOTERS, Applebee's, Uno's, Gondolier, Brackins, Par T Pub, the Bull Pen, Murphy's Sports Bar and another sports bar that changes it's name once a week...heck, we're a redneck mecca of entertainment and eating.  ;)

We also have a stadium that don't leak.... thumb  ;)

Hey, what is the fire marshall worried about?  Is the stadium made of wood?  It could take some time to burn a concrete structure...should be plenty of time to escape.

825664844[/snapback]

Moyers1, you forgot to mention Tha Frog.

Vike, Vike, Vike....we have the Foothills Movie Googleplex, we have Foothills Mall (affectionately known as Foothills Flea Market), we have Ruby Tuesday's, TGI Friday's, O'Charley's, HOOTERS, Applebee's, Uno's, Gondolier, Brackins, Par T Pub, the Bull Pen, Murphy's Sports Bar and another sports bar that changes it's name once a week...heck, we're a redneck mecca of entertainment and eating.  :D

We also have a stadium that don't leak.... thumb  :D

Hey, what is the fire marshall worried about?  Is the stadium made of wood?  It could take some time to burn a concrete structure...should be plenty of time to escape.

825664844[/snapback]

Our's doesn't leak now. :)

The stone castle is old. It's expected to need a fixer upper every now and then.

The doors that you go through to enter the stadium are made of wood so I guess if someone set them on fire we would be trapped. We could always climb over the walls though. There are a few places that aren't that far from the ground.

Is it really named Googleplex?

Edited by THSVikings2004