Best Football Atmosphere?

THSVikings2004

This is one that doesnt get a lot of mention when it comes to best atmospheres but i think Brentwood Academy is a great atmosphere. If you can get past all the bad things you have ever heard about BA, you will have a great time. BA fans dont try to give opposing fans any grief, in fact most of em want ya to have a good time. Also fed our football team when we played there last season which i thought was an extremely generous act of good faith

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a single game...whether it is in the Atomic City or the Model City, it would be very hard to beat the electircity in the air when the Oak Ridge Wildcats and the DB Indians get it on.

Boola Boola

825637722[/snapback]

That's not electricity...that's the fans glowing from the after effects of their daytime jobs :lol::lol:

Everything that's been said about the Maryville and Alcoa game is true and understated. Particularly when the game is at Alcoa. I have been living it for 27 years and really still hate going over there and that's what makes it special..that those feelings are still there.

Alcoa's stadium is a living, breathing organism during that game. There's no way 5000 people should fit in that place, but every other year, there's at least that many on hand. This is a 2A stadium mind you.

At MHS, it's closer to 7 or 8,000... thumb

I think the sullivans should band together and take over...kinda like a braveheart battle royale. There's like 45 schools named that up thre..who could stop them if they rioted? :lol:

I hear the cyclones are gonna be the team to beat Vike...any word?

I've also always enjoyed going to Halls High in early september.

I think the sullivans should band together and take over...kinda like a braveheart battle royale.  There's like 45 schools named that up thre..who could stop them if they rioted?  :lol:

I hear the cyclones are gonna be the team to beat Vike...any word?

I've also always enjoyed going to Halls High in early september.

825655794[/snapback]

If they all joined forces they would still lose

I'm not sure who's gonna win. I think it won't be easy for either team. We got home field advantage though.

The "Pit" in Fayetteville home of Lincoln County

On the creekbank at Trousdale County in Hartsville

825662190[/snapback]

when i was in High School we played on the turf at MTSU so we didnt have afeild my favorite feild when i played was LC i really liked the way the grass felt and i like the atmosphere and i gaveit props in a previous post for the 2003 game against RIVERDALE

ELIZ. CYCLONES have a tremendous atmosphere. When The Hill or the VIkes or Happy Valley were their. Over 10K at each game and electricity in the air. When DB. comes in 0 week we will have 12k plus. It will be incredible. Then the Clones go to J.City. then come back home for the VIKES another huge crowd.

May not be the best but great and I mean great High School football.

If they all joined forces they would still lose

I'm not sure who's gonna win. I think it won't be easy for either team. We got home field advantage though.

825655798[/snapback]

You should come down for the Maryville/Alcoa game Vike. It's just amazing.

They say the William Blount/Heritage match up is one to see also. It's usually towards the end of the year and neither usually has much to lose at that point. Both teams and sets of fans really get into the game.

I gotta say, from what I've been told, any game in Oak ridge has to be a spectacle. They do a lot of cool things before, during and after the games.