why wont Maryville play OR

BiggieEarl01

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all, what's wrong with being "high schollish" without high school, this site would exist.

Secondly, it would be a great thing if oak ridge and maryville would play anually. From what it seems, oak ridge and maryville seem to be fairly similar places with winning traditions. It would be a great rivalry and hopefully it will happen some day.

825646387[/snapback]

Third off, learn how to spell or type, one or the other. Fourthly, they (T$$AA)don't have a classification system with region schedules and Blount County doesn't require in-county games for nothing. $$$$$$$$$$ and tradition!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll see how tough Maryville is when they are gettin dominated by the Tornados. Maryville always says they are the best. But they play no one. no disrespect to those teams.

To be the man. you gotta beat the man. WOOOO

825646395[/snapback]

New Year same old ignorance. Alcoa won the 2A SC last year and that makes them the MAN??? The Team to beat????? Why? You might check the line score of the last game between Maryville and Alcoa and it will be clear who got dominated. Dominated the past 3-4 years I think. Yea, yea I know this player was hurt or that player got cramps yadda, yadda, yadda....! Alcoa, as good as they think they are this year with all these D1 players, won’t beat Maryville again this year. Mark it down. What happens if that 0 week Kentucky team makes them 0-1 coming into the Maryville game? I do hope Alcoa runs the table this year but Maryville is a different story. Hope to see them in the State Game again this year.

This thread was about Maryville being afraid of those Oak Ridge Wildcats. What is in Oak Ridge to make a winning state power like Maryville be afraid? I would think it would be an opportunity for Oak Ridge to get to play Maryville. Why doesn’t Oak Ridge play Knox Central or Powell every year? Those teams are good year after year and after all they are cross county rivals in other sports? Maryville has no reason to be afraid of Oak Ridge or any one else. The program has arrived at a place where the team that don’t get the chance to play them one defaults to the stupid position that Maryville is somehow hiding or cheats every year to win football games. Oak Ridge, Once a State Power is no more. They win 8-11 games every year and can’t get over the hump to get the state game. Maryville on the other hand has proven they can not only get over that hump but are in fact that hump for anyone else. That make Maryville the team to beat for next few years. This year, reloaded will be no different. Go Reb’s.

This thread was about Maryville being afraid of those Oak Ridge Wildcats. What is in Oak Ridge to make a winning state power like Maryville be afraid? I would think it would be an opportunity for Oak Ridge to get to play Maryville. Why doesn’t Oak Ridge play Knox Central or Powell every year? Those teams are good year after year and after all they are cross county rivals in other sports? Maryville has no reason to be afraid of Oak Ridge or any one else. The program has arrived at a place where the team that don’t get the chance to play them one defaults to the stupid position that Maryville is somehow hiding or cheats every year to win football games. Oak Ridge, Once a State Power is no more. They win 8-11 games every year and can’t get over the hump to get the state game. Maryville on the other hand has proven they can not only get over that hump but are in fact that hump for anyone else. That make Maryville the team to beat for next few years. This year, reloaded will be no different. Go Reb’s.

825646971[/snapback]

ok first of all Oak Ridge is still a state power, and has ben a state power since the late 1940's while Maryville on the other hand, as good as they are, have only been dominating in the last 4 to 5 years. thumb

825646971[/snapback]

ok first of all Oak Ridge is still a state power, and has ben a state power since the late 1940's while Maryville on the other hand, as good as they are, have only been dominating in the last 4 to 5 years. thumb

825647032[/snapback]

You are showing your youth son. At least I hope that is it. Maryville has won 9 State Championships dating back to 1964. They were AP champs in 64 prior to the playoffs being instituted. They also won titles in 70, 76 and 78. And had a few State runner ups in the late 70's early 80's. Since 97 they have been runner up once, and champions in 98, 00, 01, 02, and 04. I believe you would have to go back to the 40's or 50's since Maryville had a losing record. What defines a "State Power"? Maryville has won 9 State Championships since the late 1940's. How many has Oak Ridge won?

825647032[/snapback]

You may want to check with BigEarl00 there BiggieEarl01 since facts seem to be an issue. Maybe you are too young to remember, or not capable of researching, but Maryville was a state power in the 60's and 70's also. We took the 80's and half of the 90's off but since 97 have been at the top again.

Sometimes it's best to remain quite and allow others to make assumptions about your intelligence level instead of opening your mouth and leaving no doubt. thumb

Maryville is required to play the other Blount county schools from what I'm told. Then you add region teams. And then you try to match open dates if you have any. Pretty soon you would need a 15 week regular season. Until TSSAA changes the classification process you will never see Oak Ridge and Maryville play during the regular season.

825645161[/snapback]

thats exactly teh way it has been explained to me....good post!!!

I think it was posted earlier tht Maryville HAS to play the other Blount County schools....

825647101[/snapback]

Thanks peeblee...those wild kitty's are scarin me. I'm gonna go run and hide. Their coach picking prowess has given me the willies. B)

Where you kittens have been ok, we have been dominant. EEHHH..SHUT UP and listen!!

9 total state titles: 1964, 1970, 1976, 1978, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004

3 state runner up trophies: 1977, 1979, 1997

599-213-33 all time

68-6 in the past decade

61 total winning seasons

78 total playoff games

61 playoff wins

40 Blount County Championships

25 seasons with playoff berths

16 one loss seasons

17 region championships

15 state semi-final games

11 undefeated regular seasons

5 perfect seasons (undefeated, untied): 1970, 1978, 1998, 2002, 2004

2 Mr. Football award winners, not finalists, WINNERS in the past 3 years

Kept a coach for more tahn 2 years now

6 of our last 7 coaches that have been at MHS more than 1 year have a 69% or higher winning average...

Four of those coaches have winning percentages over 75% (two over 84%) and averaged a 7.5 year tenure...

I don't care to hear your retort....when you have 9 trophies, come see me. thumb

I'm still scared to death of you....by the way. B)