Mikey Minor

MCLefty

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This does not sound legit. The first thing that you have to know is that Minor is a junior and cannot be drafted until after his senior year of high school. It is my understanding that the pro teams cannot workout the players in the United States until after their graduation from high school which would be a year from now. Mickey Minor and Rchie Goodnow (Overton) are both juniors that are getting alot of attention from the D1 schools and professional teams. They are without a doubt the two best junior pitchers in Middle Tennessee.

This does not sound legit.  The first thing that you have to know is that Minor is a junior and cannot be drafted until after his senior year of high school.  It is my understanding that the pro teams cannot workout the players in the United States until after their graduation from high school which would be a year from now.  Mickey Minor and Rchie Goodnow (Overton) are both juniors that are getting alot of attention from the D1 schools and professional teams.  They are without a doubt the two best junior pitchers in Middle Tennessee.

825646948[/snapback]

cbg, you are correct. As an media assistant with a minor league program , I do have my fair share of friends with scouts and major league/ minor league officials. No player is allowed to work out with a team until he has graduated high school. Then the player must submit his paperwork to be elgible to partcipate in the amatuer draft. After the paperwork is complete, the player may complete work outs with a professional team.

cbg, you are correct. As an media assistant with a minor league program , I do have my fair share of friends with scouts and major league/ minor league officials. No player is allowed to work out with a team until he has graduated high school. Then the player must submit his paperwork to be elgible to partcipate in the amatuer draft. After the paperwork is complete, the player may complete work outs with a professional team.

Are you sure thats right?... i played with a guy last year and im pretty sure he was workin out for pro scouts before he graduated...he didnt actualy do anything with the players from pro teams or spring training or anything of that nature but is it illegal for pro scouts to work out players and evaluate them before they graduate if they are worth their time?..

I recieved a phone call from the Yankees area scout that covers Ohio, Michigan, etc. and asked me to get in touch with Minor about attending the East Coast Showacase this summer. The Yankees are sponsoring this year from what he told me. I called Minor and relayed the gentleman's phone number for them to call about what needed to be done for this to happen. Not quite the same thing as suiting up in pinstripes, however, an honor to still be proud of. Shows how quick rumors get started. B)

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG
Colby Killian a JR from Warren County is ever bit as good as those two if not better.  He has a 90 mph fb and twoo good off speed pitches to go with it.

825647028[/snapback]

Killian is good but he doesnt thorw a 90mph fastball CONSISTENTLY ... yes im sure hes hit 90 a few times but hes in the 85-88 range. Next year, I could see him hitting 89-90 consistently.