Is Soddy Daisy Overrated?

Owlsbaseballfan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, SD is not overrated. They are the real deal, I promise you. They can show up anytime & you better have your "A" game or you will be embarrassed. I know they have to play their best to win but everyone just like some other great teams like Goodpasture, Riverdale and all the other top teams have to do, play with the BIG TARGET on their chest & where everyone wants to go out to beat them.

When the time is right, look out, they will be there. Teams just can't get up every game for every team, every night. If you take 1 game to prepare for, I don't think you want to play them. This same thing is true with Goodpasture for the last couple of years & Ezell Harding before that. Enjoy it when you win but hope you don't have to play them again.

Good luck to all teams as the tourney road begins!

If any team goes in and is thinking Soddy is over rated they will get demolished. Teams like Goodpasture, Soddy, Riverdale and others will always have a target on their backs. To beat these teams is like winning the state for some teams. Of course some of the best teams under rate their competition and get beat, so it works both ways.

You know guys, there are other great teams out there....

Lincoln County

Wilson Central

Beech

to name a few. The list is much longer. We know how most started their seasons but how will they finish? That is the real question here. At the end of the season, nobody remembers how you started, it's how you finish that sticks. <_<

You know guys, there are other great teams out there....

Lincoln County

Wilson Central

Beech

to name a few. The list is much longer. We know how most started their seasons but how will they finish? That is the real question here. At the end of the season, nobody remembers how you started, it's how you finish that sticks. :ph34r:

825652236[/snapback]

Everyone seems to want to forget about Brentwood, but they have something pretty good going on over there...they have 3 strong pitchers, and they have beaten Lincoln County, which is something Soddy has failed to do in two attempts.

Everyone seems to want to forget about Brentwood, but they have something pretty good going on over there...they have 3 strong pitchers, and they have beaten Lincoln County, which is something Soddy has failed to do in two attempts.

825652392[/snapback]

Nobody is forgetting Brentwood. In fact, they are not on my list because they are what I consider very good. I talked with their coach this past weekend at a Lipscomb Univ. game. I told him they are a team of talent and a very powerful club.

You cannot get to the end without going through Brentwood.

Nobody is forgetting Brentwood. In fact, they are not on my list because they are what I consider very good. I talked with their coach this past weekend at a Lipscomb Univ. game. I told him they are a team of talent and a very powerful club.

825652403[/snapback]

Brentwood is still a very young team with freshmen and sophomores being some of their better players, so they still have to prove they can get through a big game like a sectional, which they havent been able to do the last couple of years. Several teams in their sectional (Beech, Wilson Central, Mt Juliet, Rossview, and until Ashley Myatt got hurt in Dickson) will be a very good team not going forward to state

If any team goes in and is thinking Soddy is over rated they will get demolished.  Teams like Goodpasture, Soddy, Riverdale and others will always have a target on their backs.  To beat these teams is like winning the state for some teams.  Of course some of the best teams under rate their competition and get beat, so it works both ways.

825652225[/snapback]

I'm tired of hearing Riverdale mentioned in all these different posts. When have they even been to the big dance? Don't mention them in the same sentence with Goodpasture and SD. When they win a sectional game and advance more than once you can talk Riverdale.

825652403[/snapback]

Funny thing. Their coach is female. You must have talked to one of the parents? Like maybe Tyree? Brentwood is very good and to not recognize that would be a fatal mistake. With Myatt out at Dickson, they only need to avoid the region slip-up that cost them last year.

Funny thing.  Their coach is female.  You must have talked to one of the parents?  Like maybe Tyree?  Brentwood is very good and to not recognize that would be a fatal mistake. With Myatt out at Dickson, they only need to avoid the region slip-up that cost them last year.

825652532[/snapback]

sorry to correct you, but the slipup was a sectional game, not a regional game. Dickson county put them out last year. Their regional matchup would be against the metro teams, such as Hunters Lane, or Antioch. If they make it to the sectionals, look for the game to be against teams like Beech, Wilson Central, Mt Juliet, or Rossview.

Also, Tyree is an assistant coach, he doesnt have a daughter on the team anymore.