Besides Alcoa, Who will do well in 2-2a and why?

BossHog

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntingdon should be real good again and I know their hungry to get back. That RB/DE kid that was a sophomore last year is a beast. If they feed him the ball a bunch, they'll be around late in the year.

The bigger question isn't this upcoming season...it's 2006. Alcoa will be completely depleted of talent. They'll be lucky to comptete in their Region. I'd say if Sweetwater, Rockwood or another team can field a decent team, the lay of the land in E TN 2A will be very different than it's been recently.

Alcoa really should have wonthe last three championships with the kind of talent they have. It speaks loads about their concentration level. You can put this season in the books though. thumb

I didn't know Loudon had moved down...that's an interesting wrinkle. You'd think they'd be ready to pound some smaller teams, but that might not be the case at all. Someone not in the know could assume that about South Doyle too for instance, and they'd be dead wrong.

Edited by dmoyers1

dmoyers,

Alcoa will still have talent coming back after this year. They'll return 6 players on defense and 5 on offense. They'll have to replace Duck and Joei, but they have the best freshman WR in the state, Brian Sommer, IMO, our other receiver Kyrus Lanxter, they have a bunch of good young RB's Troy Hodge, Cameron Battles, and Darrell Tate. Randall Cobb will be an excellent replacement of Joei at QB. We'll return Jacob Lequire, Josiah Standridge, and Colton Reid on the O-Line, and Cody Marsh and Nathan Backus are going to be very promising replacements.

Defensively we'll lose 3/4 of our D-Line, but Rae Sykes will be back and will be a monster. Bobby Keller could start at end this next year, and Cody Marsh and Corey Brewer will be two fine DT's. LB's will be James Stultz, Bart Hicks, and Colton Reid...they'll be very good. And the secondary will be Kyrus Lanxter and Brian Sommer at the safeties and Darrell Tate and Alex Green at the corners. So I still expect the 2007 Tornadoes to still win the region and make it deep into the playoffs, but thats 2 years from now....

Anyway I see Sweetwater , Loudon, and CAK filling the other 3 playoff spots this year after Alcoa

Having dmoyers represent the fans of Maryville and Alcoa is like having Satan preach at Sunday school. :o

If you plan on living on coach T's and representing the Blount County area, please atleast go read some of Rebelron's post, and learn how to have some class! :blink:

-BlountCountySportsFan

825658655[/snapback]

I'm just a poor classless Rebel. You go ask Ron what he thinks of me, big daddy. thumb

Ijust try and answer the questions, when I can.

You missed the spelling by a few letters...you were trying to spell SAINT I believe B) It's ok, that BC edookashun shows thru sometimes.

Edited by dmoyers1