Besides Alcoa, Who will do well in 2-2a and why?

BossHog

You think so FBE...........? I guess you would! It does not take much time on `ol Coach T's to see The two most classless representatives of the Maryville & Alcoa football, than you two.

You know some of us with class, believe "if you don't have anything good to said(and that includes the other team), don't say anything at all"

So, yea, I guess you do think dmoyers1 does a good job of posting classless post.

So to you I give the same advice, Go read some of Rebelrons post, and learn to represent these two great teams with CLASS.

-BlountCountySportsFan

825662224[/snapback]

I think Dmoyers and FBE put some decent posts on here. They're the backbone of Blount County fans on CoachT so give the veterans some respect. Yeah Rebelron may seem calm but he has snapped a few times believe it or not. thumb

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBE, ignore BCSB. He's a punk and a clown. Probably one of Nugeman's many assumed names. :D

Besides, any press is good press. thumb

2AA....Tom, you got any answers? I just know MHS and AHS and apparently I never say anything nice anyway so....

Yes, Ron loses it sometimes...and it's glorious!!

Edited by dmoyers1

dmoyers, to put it in a nice perspective for you... thumb

As far as 2AA is concerned think Alcoa will of course be the hands on favorite, but second is up for grabs. From what I hear Loudon will be pretty tough coming down to 2A ball, and I think Sweetwater will grab that #3 spot. I believe that 4th spot is up for grabs between Rockwood and CAK. I'm one of the few that believe CAK will do well; with their high-powered pasing offense and some of the normally weak secondaries in 2AA they could surprise some people. I think Wartburg will be somewhat improved from last year, but still not playoff ready, and Oliver Springs will be at the bottom of list this year.

Edited by Tom142

I agree Alcoa will be in the top spot but Loudon and CAK will be no push over. If these teams can play 4 quarters with the state champs who knows? Sweetwater then O Springs is my order then Rockwood.

Alcoa has a tougher schedule this year in my view and it will help them late in the post season if one of the four key players does not get hurt, or in trouble. I look for Alcoa to be 8-2 at the end of the season and make a run back to the state game.

On the west side of the bracket look for Smith Co. to challenge for the Gold Ball. They fell to Fulton in the 4th quarter in the semi's last year. Completely controlled the game until a few long balls done them in. Stepping down from 3A to 2A the OWLS will have little trouble making the play-offs. If the QB position can pan out look for them to make waves.

I just worry about anyone being able to beat Alcoa's speed. Their team discpline has been their undoing in the past, but it hasn't been enough of an edge to overcome their talent for any of the 2A teams. Maybe it will take a Smith Co or a Loudon moving down from 3A to beat them.

My point is that Huntingdon was far superior in the discipline department, but still got beat by fleet feet and skill players. I'd like to see Alcoa really get challenged...truth be known, they'd like it too...

• 1 month later...

Sweetwater will deploy a new game this year.... ( WELL DIFFERENT ) anyway.

They will be running as Sweetwater always does & does it very well, BUT the twist will be an IMPROVED passing game from last year. I don't remember Loudon

beating Sweetwater in the last few years & I don't see it happening this one either.

Alcoa is still # 1 BUT no way can anyone thinking straight put Loudon above Rockwood or Sweetwater.... Unless Alcoa stumbles It'll be

Alcoa # 1 with Rockwood & Sweetwater for the second spot & MAYBE just maybe Loudon for the forth & even that's a MAYBE.....

I do however wish Loudon the best ....

I really don't think there is a solid #2 behind Alcoa. I think there are several good teams that can fill those three playoff spots among Sweetwater, Rockwood, Wartburg, Loudon, CAK and Oliver Springs. Nobody is giving Wartburg much credit, but they will be a big, physical team and could sneak in as #3 or #4. Larry Davis always has his offense prepared to put points on the board.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree Alcoa will be in the top spot but Loudon and CAK will be no push over. If these teams can play 4 quarters with the state champs who knows? Sweetwater then O Springs is my order then Rockwood.

Do us all a favor and keep your nose out of this classification. It is obvious that you know nothing about it other than going by some hearsay or past knowledge. Anyone that picks Oliver Springs ahead of Rockwood obviously hasnt a clue about the region! OS is in one of those down swings that schools sometimes go thru and will not be very competitive for a yr or two....maybe longer! They will probably finish dead last or next to last in the region.