Besides Alcoa, Who will do well in 2-2a and why?

BossHog

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said it youself! No need to ask Ron.................

825659406[/snapback]

I'm aspiring to be a classy as the William Blount faithful....is it working? :lol:

Loudon could be a force and early, but they won't compete with Alcoa. They'll be what Central is to Maryville. Close, but no burrito.

Alcoa needs competition though, so it's welcomed. Good luck Redskins.

I look forward to seeing Maryville/Alcoa play this year.  I think Maryville will have its hands full.  I also am looking forward to seeing the battle of the state champs with Fulton/Alcoa.

825661097[/snapback]

It would be nice if all three played one another...Ithink we could hand out a trophy at the end of the year for the outright state champ then....forget 5A and Murfreesboro ;)

Having dmoyers represent the fans of Maryville and Alcoa is like having Satan preach at Sunday school. :D If you plan on living on coach T's and representing the Blount County area, please atleast go read some of Rebelron's post, and learn how to have some class! ;) -BlountCountySportsFan

825658655[/snapback]

dmoyers does a pretty good job posting here there New Blounty County SP Fan with those 53 posts!

I would also not know what it would be like having Satan preach at Sunday school, and personnaly would not sit for it.

I do not agree with dmoyers on all counts in that I do not see Alcoa as un-stoppable in 2A. This year could be a tough year vs. a few newly schduled opponets. They will win the region I think but fall short of a another State Championship birth due to the tough schdule, injury and lack of depth. That''s just my opinion.

dmoyers does a pretty good job posting here there New Blounty County SP Fan with those 53 posts! I would also not know what it would be like having Satan preach at Sunday school, and personnaly would not sit for it. I do not agree with dmoyers on all counts in that I do not see Alcoa as un-stoppable in 2A. This year could be a tough year vs. a few newly schduled opponets. They will win the region I think but fall short of a another State Championship birth due to the tough schdule, injury and lack of depth. That''s just my opinion.

825661131[/snapback]

Injury could kill them. We're simpatico big man thumb

Edited by dmoyers1

It would be nice if all three played one another...Ithink we could hand out a trophy at the end of the year for the outright state champ then....forget 5A and Murfreesboro  :D

825661110[/snapback]

Hey , nice cannon dmoyers. It reminds me of the one we had at my alma mater , Everett High. Injuries to key players would certainly derail the Alcoa express. However , one thing I believe you will see this year is improved depth with this team. Of course that will not help if Lindsey or Warren or Fiegler gets hurt. But the drama and scenarios that can play out and the kids who step up are what make this game great and that's why we love it!!! :P Whooo !!

B)

Edited by Coalman

My Mom was captain of the cheerleading squad at Everett. Her senior year was 66, and believe it or not, they beat MHS that year. I think it was the last time they beat us, so she likes to rub it in. I just remind her of the overwhelming overall record. :unsure:

That was back when there was REAL passion for HS football all over this county. :unsure:

You might be right...you never know what champion in the making is lurking on your sidelines. Y'all gotta stay healthy though man. It's ugly otherwise....

My Mom was captain of the cheerleading squad at Everett.  Her senior year was 66, and believe it or not, they beat MHS that year.  I think it was the last time they beat us, so she likes to rub it in.  I just remind her of the overwhelming overall record.  :huh:

That was back when there was REAL passion for HS football all over this county.  :huh:

You might be right...you never know what champion in the making is lurking on your sidelines.  Y'all gotta stay healthy though man.  It's ugly otherwise....

825661662[/snapback]

Well alright , you got a little bulldog blood coursing through your veins. Everett and Maryville was a unique rivalry in itself as EHS, a county school , was located inside the city of Maryville. Actually the last time EHS beat MHS was in 1973. Everett went 9-1 that year losing only to Central at Central by one point ..... and did not make the playoffs. The system was really screwed up back then. Oh well . that concludes Blount County football history 101 for today. B)

Well alright , you got a little bulldog blood coursing through your veins. Everett and Maryville was a unique rivalry in itself as EHS, a county school , was located inside the city of Maryville. Actually the last time EHS beat MHS was in 1973. Everett went 9-1 that year losing only to Central at Central by one point ..... and did not make the playoffs. The system was really screwed up back then. Oh well . that concludes Blount County football history 101 for today. :huh:

825661763[/snapback]

That's the way it was in some areas of Virginia last year. George Wythe went 9-1 and didn't make the playoffs.

dmoyers does a pretty good job posting here there New Blounty County SP Fan with those 53 posts! 

825661131[/snapback]

You think so FBE...........? I guess you would! It does not take much time on `ol Coach T's to see The two most classless representatives of the Maryville & Alcoa football, than you two.

You know some of us with class, believe "if you don't have anything good to said(and that includes the other team), don't say anything at all"

So, yea, I guess you do think dmoyers1 does a good job of posting classless post.

So to you I give the same advice, Go read some of Rebelrons post, and learn to represent these two great teams with CLASS.

-BlountCountySportsFan

Edited by BCsportsfan

You think so FBE...........? I guess you would! It does not take much time on `ol Coach T's to see The two most classless representatives of the Maryville & Alcoa football, than you two.

You know some of us with class, believe "if you don't have anything good to said(and that includes the other team), don't say anything at all"

So, yea, I guess you do think dmoyers1 does a good job of posting classless post.

So to you I give the same advice, Go read some of Rebelrons post, and learn to represent these two great teams with CLASS.

-BlountCountySportsFan

825662224[/snapback]

True Rebelron has great class but you sir are clueless. Discussing sports and honest assessment of players and teams is meant to be what is known as constructive critique and one's own opinion. Not distasteful like telling other posters they are classless, without really knowing what the other 900 plus posts were about. You are new or have changed your posting name and may in fact not even live in Blount County, the home of champions. Thank you for your informed opinion and for that and 8 bucks Patty will cut your hair!