Oak Ridge Spring Practice

orcats2005

I got to watch a good bit of today's practice (#2) and was pretty impressed with what I saw. Unfortunately, I got to see TNBreakers' son with his arm in a cast, but was assured that the young Gulmire would be ready for the summer practices. The players worked very hard to learn the new system. It was especially good to see all the Wildcat fans ringing the field. So far, so good in the Stevens era. We scrimmage Cumberland County next Friday, so we will really see what progress is being made.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to watch a good bit of today's practice (#2) and was pretty impressed with what I saw.  Unfortunately, I got to see TNBreakers' son with his arm in a cast, but was assured that the young Gulmire would be ready for the summer practices.  The players worked very hard to learn the new system.  It was especially good to see all the Wildcat fans ringing the field.  So far, so good in the Stevens era.  We scrimmage Cumberland County next Friday, so we will really see what progress is being made.

825665387[/snapback]

That should say the scrimmage is WEDNESDAY, May 11. ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!

The coach graded OR out at a C+ overall. They were learning a new offence and a new defense. And some were still out because of baseball and track. Plus the quarterback to be was out with two broken fingers.

Cumberland County looked ok at the start but they got tired toward the middle and were running out of gas at the end. The qb could throw the ball pretty good also.

The coach graded  OR out at a C+ overall. They were learning a new offence and a new defense. And some were still out because of baseball and track. Plus the quarterback to be was out with two broken fingers.

Cumberland County looked ok at the start but they got tired toward the middle and were running out of gas at the end. The qb could throw the ball pretty good also.

825675695[/snapback]

It's amazing how quite all the OR fans have been since the Cats got thumped in their first skrimmage. Do you think any other teams have players from the football team playing spring sports also? Ya Think? That excuse will get old quick. The Cats will be lucky to win the district this year let alone the state. By the way, didn't Lussier have a better winning percentage than Jack Armstrong? Maybe they will name the field after him? Good luck Cats, it will be a long year.

It's amazing how quite all the OR fans have been since the Cats got thumped in their first skrimmage. Do you think any other teams have players from the football team playing spring sports also? Ya Think? That excuse will get old quick. The Cats will be lucky to win the district this year let alone the state. By the way, didn't Lussier have a better winning percentage than Jack Armstrong? Maybe they will name the field after him? Good luck Cats, it will be a long year.

825676138[/snapback]

Nice 1st post. Check the village, someone is missing.

I don't make excuses or bad mouth other teams. I like to think I tell it like it is not everybody agrees with me but thats the the way it goes. OR didn't get thumped by the Jets it was just what it was a spring scrimmage.

As for the name of the field it is Blankenship Field. Thank You. It is Jack Armstrong Stadium and should stay that way.

Edited by bounder