D-B Indians RED HOT!

ArtVandalay

As much as it pains me to do so... I must give the toppers credit for showing up and showing db up for the second straight night... Whoever got all mad about the Julio Franco thing needs to chill out and realize a joke when they see one... and as for your boy I still don't think he can be considered the real deal but for a second straight night he has pushed me that much closer to believing it... I'm a big person and can give credit where credit is due and this toppers team is playing some baseball right now.... Hopefully DB will get back on track in the regionals and maybe again... Oh and surf dude id chill out on reno hes been known to hack into peoples computers find out where they live and go to their house and destroy the person.... hes crazy....

825672247[/snapback]

Well then why doesn't he chill out on me? I didn't try to start anything with him. I made a post for dafuture. I never had a problem with BigReno. I was tired of dafuture disrespecting SH. I know DB has a good baseball team. It's time to give credit where it's do though. SH deserves some respect from DB's fans and players.

BigReno no hard feelings bro

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with Dobyns Bennett and the playoffs? Before I say this don't label me a Db hater. I went to that game tonight and what I saw was a DB team that I don't think could of beat anybody in the district. What had they won, something like 18 in a row and went undefeated in the conference? How can they win so many games in reg. season and look that bad. The same thing in football and basketball, winningest football and basketball school in the state and I don't know where they rank in baseball but their head coach is the winningest coach in the state. And guess what not a single state championship in any of those sports in the past 40 years. Is it a jinx? do they choke? I can't figure it out! Would I be going out on a limb if I bet all the money in the world that DB will never win a state championship in any of those three sports? It seams like the DB fans start out every year saying "we're goining all the way this year" Please, when will you people ever learn. It ain't never going to happen. I'll give you this though, you can beat the socks off just about anybody as long as it is not a playoff game.

Im taking whoever DB playes next. Sorry DB fans.

Well, it looks like Red Hot DB got cooled down. I wasn't at the games so I can't say what the reasons were for the two losses to Science Hill. Maybe Science Hill came out to play, and maybe Dobyns-Bennett didn't. All I know is that the Toppers put more men across the plate than the Indians in two straight games. Now the District 1-AAA Tournament is over, so put it behind you and "park it".

To the Dobyns-Bennett team: You had a very good regular season, but you got beat out in the District Tournament. It's okay, because you are still in the Regionals. The best thing to do about the District Tournament is to "Park It". Pick the intensity back up for the Regionals, because there are some good teams over in District 2-AAA. I hope your steak dinner was good, but I really enjoyed my Moonlite Bar-B-Q up in Owensboro, Kentucky earlier today. Maybe y'all could get together with the Toppers for another steak dinner after a District 1-AAA Regional sweep.

To the Science Hill team: Obviously you had a great tournament run coming out of the losers' bracket to beat Dobyns-Bennett. But those wins don't mean a thing other than having a home game against the 2-seed from District 2-AAA. Congratulations on your District Tournament Championship, but like I said, it doesn't mean a thing if you lose your next game. It's time to go out and show those District 2-AAA boys that the Northeast Tennessee sector is for real. Y'all will be representing Tri-Cities baseball alongside the Indians. How about supporting each other in the first round of Regionals, then both teams have a good shot at going to Sub-State.

Nice try illpete, but perhaps you don't understand the hatred in this rivalry. No one need try to mamby pamby it as something different, the two schools really dislike one another. Science Hill has a massive D-B complex based on their general inferiority versus them in sports as the years go by. Yes, they win occasionally (as they did tonight), but by the by, it's D-B that holds the major records, D-B that generally beats them, and D-B that they can't get out of their minds. No one probably appreciates just how bad Science Hill's self image is due to the set-your-clock butt kicking they get every year in football to start the whole school year.

Conversely, D-B can be a moody bunch, and when their kids get pi$$y, they gag it up and perpetuate the "choker" label. Mark my words, the biggest game next week for D-B is the 1st one. A re-match with Science Hill for the Region title will be a blood letting. Why? Because the D-B kids will have had time to get over their PMS fits they occasionally throw, they will have gotten a win, and that old November like-it's time to kill 'em in football-mentality will take over.

Well, it looks like Red Hot DB got cooled down.  I wasn't at the games so I can't say what the reasons were for the two losses to Science Hill.  Maybe Science Hill came out to play, and maybe Dobyns-Bennett didn't.  All I know is that the Toppers put more men across the plate than the Indians in two straight games.  Now the District 1-AAA Tournament is over, so put it behind you and "park it".

To the Dobyns-Bennett team: You had a very good regular season, but you got beat out in the District Tournament.  It's okay, because you are still in the Regionals.  The best thing to do about the District Tournament is to "Park It".  Pick the intensity back up for the Regionals, because there are some good teams over in District 2-AAA.  I hope your steak dinner was good, but I really enjoyed my Moonlite Bar-B-Q up in Owensboro, Kentucky earlier today.  Maybe y'all could get together with the Toppers for another steak dinner after a District 1-AAA Regional sweep.

To the Science Hill team: Obviously you had a great tournament run coming out of the losers' bracket to beat Dobyns-Bennett.  But those wins don't mean a thing other than having a home game against the 2-seed from District 2-AAA.  Congratulations on your District Tournament Championship, but like I said, it doesn't mean a thing if you lose your next game.  It's time to go out and show those District 2-AAA boys that the Northeast Tennessee sector is for real.  Y'all will be representing Tri-Cities baseball alongside the Indians.  How about supporting each other in the first round of Regionals, then both teams have a good shot at going to Sub-State.

825672484[/snapback]

I don't have a dog in this race (District 1-AAA). To tell the truth, I actually have more of a stock interest in the Jefferson County team. The Patriots will be hard to beat, but the Indians can't put together a shabby game and expect to win. There will be one very good team leaving the baseball field at Jefferson County wondering what they could have done differently, that's for sure.

Nice try illpete, but perhaps you don't understand the hatred in this rivalry.  No one need try to mamby pamby it as something different, the two schools really dislike one another.  Science Hill has a massive D-B complex based on their general inferiority versus them in sports as the years go by.  Yes, they win occasionally (as they did tonight), but by the by, it's D-B that holds the major records, D-B that generally beats them, and D-B that they can't get out of their minds.  No one probably appreciates just how bad Science Hill's self image is due to the set-your-clock butt kicking they get every year in football to start the whole school year. 

Conversely, D-B can be a moody bunch, and when their kids get pi$$y, they gag it up and perpetuate the "choker" label.  Mark my words, the biggest game next week for D-B is the 1st one.  A re-match with Science Hill for the Region title will be a blood letting.  Why?  Because the D-B kids will have had time to get over their PMS fits they occasionally throw, they will have gotten a win, and that old November like-it's time to kill 'em in football-mentality will take over.

825672507[/snapback]

What are you talking about? You have got to be kidding(I'm referring to the first paragraph of your post). SH and DB are pretty evenly matched in every sport except football and occasionally basketball. DB is the football school. SH is the basketball school. Everyone knows this. They go back and forth with other sports as far as being number 1. It's not a secret that SH and DB have the best athletic programs in Upper East TN. That is the reason the rivalry between them is so heated.

DRDB you do know that your post to me could be considered a threat, right? That's the kind of thing that could get you thrown of these forums. I wouldn't want to see that happen bro. I like sparring with you guys just as much as you like sparring with us SH fans.

825672379[/snapback]

Dude that was definetly a joke... if you knew big reno youd understand how funny the concept of that whole thing really is... Nothing against you reno you know i gotta call you out sometimes....

Dude that was definetly a joke... if you knew big reno youd understand how funny the concept of that whole thing really is... Nothing against you reno you know i gotta call you out sometimes....

825672560[/snapback]

I got that it was a joke, but Coacht could've seen that, taken it the wrong way, and removed your membership. Just a reminder bro

What is it with Dobyns Bennett and the playoffs? Before I say this don't label me a Db hater. I went to that game tonight and what I saw was a DB team that I don't think could of beat anybody in the district. What had they won, something like 18 in a row and went undefeated in the conference? How can they win so many games in reg. season and look that bad. The same thing in football and basketball, winningest football and basketball school in the state and I don't know where they rank in baseball but their head coach is the winningest coach in the state. And guess what not a single state championship in any of those sports in the past 40 years. Is it a jinx? do they choke? I can't figure it out!  Would I be going out on a limb if I bet all the money in the world that DB will never win a state championship in any of those three sports? It seams like the DB fans start out every year saying "we're goining all the way this year" Please, when will you people ever learn. It ain't never going to happen. I'll give you this though, you can beat the socks off just about anybody as long as it is not a playoff game.

Im taking whoever DB playes next. Sorry DB fans.

825672365[/snapback]

OK everyone, be like TN High because they win state championships like they are going outta style. DB & Science Hill have way more championships than you guys do. Sure it has been awhile since DB won one in football, basketball, or baseball, but at least we have been close in all three in the last 15 years and especially football several times several times. We have, for the record, won other individual and team sports much more recently. Science Hill has some basketball and baseball champ trophies in the not so distant past. At least DB and SH can get past Knoxville in most sports. How about TN high in the big 3 sports in the last 15 years? I did not think so.

Wow even TN High fans trying to get in on the action!

Edited by bud

Uhh...O.K.-whatever you say. Football/don't even go there....Basketball/the shine is off the ball; no good teams in Upper East TN this year, but 2 out of the last 3 State Tournament appearances for D-B; no Region title in hoops for the Hill in 4 years. Baseball/After a long thrashing, baseball enjoyed a brief revival for Science Hill, but the last couple of years have leaned heavily back in D-B's favor. As for "other" sports, if you've got to get jacked up about swimming, soccer, or golf..........you've defined the school (accurately I might add).

What are you talking about? You have got to be kidding(I'm referring to the first paragraph of your post). SH and DB are pretty evenly matched in every sport except football and occasionally basketball. DB is the football school. SH is the basketball school. Everyone knows this. They go back and forth with other sports as far as being number 1. It's not a secret that SH and DB have the best athletic programs in Upper East TN. That is the reason the rivalry between them is so heated.

825672545[/snapback]