Controversy in 3-AAA

HTV

Were you at the game? some 70 year old man came over to the halls stands and started yellin "Bunch of wimps" while flippin off a parent who told him to sit down and a fight almost ensued.  Another parent also started yelling at the halls players and at coach polston when the game was over, what a cool guy.  Oak Ridge fans were totally classless yesterday.

825668221[/snapback]

Were you at the game? That's not all the Halls fan said. I'm not condoning what he did, but it wasn't just us.

Edited by CardinalCat

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you at the game? That's not all the Halls fan said. I'm not condoning what he did, but it wasn't just us.

825668228[/snapback]

I know the halls fan threw a word out there also, i was close enough to hear. but the fan after the game who was making unnecessary comments towards polston and the halls players only because they were smart enough to point out a rule violation by Oak Ridge was certainly uncalled for.

I know the halls fan threw a word out there also, i was close enough to hear. but the fan after the game who was making unnecessary comments towards polston and the halls players was certainly uncalled for.

825668240[/snapback]

I don't disagree. I was merely trying to point out that our fans weren't the only ones that lost their tempers.

Edited by CardinalCat

Either way Halls got beat.  And even if it doesn't stand, it shows they can be defeated.  And this rule infraction is not one that gives the other team a disadvantage.  This ruls is merely for players safety.  So no matter how this game ends officially, Oak Ridge won.

825668253[/snapback]

That's right and i wish that that's all that had to be said, BUT if the protest stands we are done. Are season is over. It might be a morale victory for other teams to show that Halls isn't invicible, but that's just not good enough for us.

Either way Halls got beat.  And even if it doesn't stand, it shows they can be defeated.  And this rule infraction is not one that gives the other team a disadvantage.  This ruls is merely for players safety.  So no matter how this game ends officially, Oak Ridge won.

825668253[/snapback]

exactly if halls would of won we would not be talking about this

I agree Oak Ridge deserves to win this game and it stinks that they might not just b/c they didnt change a pitcher in the last inning, but rules are rules. But everyone knows if their team was in the situation and they knew the rule then they wouldve done the same thing. I really dont think Coach Polston would have done it if it were non district game or a game that didnt matter but this is tournament time and you do what you have to do to advance even if that means protesting a rule that is broken. I believe this may be a huge eye opener for and even if we are charged for the loss I pray that we come out and beat some butt like we are capable of doing.

825668253[/snapback]

Halls beat Ooltewah, so whats that say? Besides, why are you worried about knoxville teams? You should be concerned with Soddy and then Riverdale/Tullahoma.

Edited by bigbadblue