DIVISION II

SLAP24

#10 is Chelsea Bramlett for FACS.  This young lady is the best female athlete I have ever had the priviledge to be around. If you get the opportunity to see her play, you should.....Chelsea is the real deal. I have travelled everywhere with her summer team and I have not seen too many girls that can truly match up to her all around. She pitches and catches, but catching is her specialty. I have not seen any better catcher anywhere and I have been to all the national tournaments, regionals and many other places and I have seen some close but none better. This kid has instinct, ability, and the skills to play anywhere she wants. I have talked with ex-olympic coaches and they agree and have seen the same skill sets that I have seen for the last four years. However, Chelsea attends a small private school which has not afforded her the opportunity to have a lot of press coverage and she is somewhat unknown in the middle and eastern part of the state....I agree with others on the board, you really never know what she will do at the plate, but whatever she decides, it will be tough for the defense to handle.

825678818[/snapback]

Very well put. It's nice to see that there's 3 of us that know about Chelsea. And I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one that follows her around. I'll be in Southaven next week for one purpose--to watch her play ball. Likewise, she was the only reason I went to the state last year. If you haven't seen her play, well then you're missing out on one in a million. I've already made the 3-hour drive to Cordova twice this year to watch FACS play. You said you haven't seen any better catcher anywhere...well that's because they don't exist. Chelsea and Stephanie are the best pitcher/catcher duo I've ever seen--and that's both ways.

To the one that asked about her summer team, she's playing with a new team this year...but sorry I forgot the name of the team.

Good luck next week #10 and #31...and all of the Crusaders!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#10 is Chelsea Bramlett for FACS.  This young lady is the best female athlete I have ever had the priviledge to be around. If you get the opportunity to see her play, you should.....Chelsea is the real deal. I have travelled everywhere with her summer team and I have not seen too many girls that can truly match up to her all around. She pitches and catches, but catching is her specialty. I have not seen any better catcher anywhere and I have been to all the national tournaments, regionals and many other places and I have seen some close but none better. This kid has instinct, ability, and the skills to play anywhere she wants. I have talked with ex-olympic coaches and they agree and have seen the same skill sets that I have seen for the last four years. However, Chelsea attends a small private school which has not afforded her the opportunity to have a lot of press coverage and she is somewhat unknown in the middle and eastern part of the state....I agree with others on the board, you really never know what she will do at the plate, but whatever she decides, it will be tough for the defense to handle.

825678818[/snapback]

Is that the olympian I read about earlier in the thread?? She must not have been there the other day when they lost 10-0. How could that team lose 10-0 with the best player in the world on the team? Just curious... :blink:

Unfortunately, One of the best players around, does not make a team. I was at the game against St. Benedict the other day and Chelsea did not get much help from her defense. They played again yesterday and lost again, but only 3 to 2....I am really talking about Chelsea as a player. Chelsea played for the Germantown Red Devils 16&U for the last three years and she will play with the Memphis Fusion 18&U this year along with most of the best players from West TN. The summer team will be a completely different story than high school ball and Chelsea will get the desired support from her summer team members. Chelsea is as good a student as she is a ball player and one of the best kids I know personally......I am confused by your comment "best player in the world" did I say world? The ex-olympic coach was not a female either, but maybe I digress. Just take comments for what there worth, don't add or subtract or change someone's words. It's only several well respected college coach's opinions and just a couple of people who have seen most other atheletes in the state.

Unfortunately, One of the best players around, does not make a team. I was at the game against St. Benedict the other day and Chelsea did not get much help from her defense. They played again yesterday and lost again, but only 3 to 2....I am really talking about Chelsea as a player. Chelsea played for the Germantown Red Devils 16&U  for the last three years and she will play with the Memphis Fusion 18&U this year along with most of the best players from West TN. The summer team will be a completely different story than high school ball and Chelsea will get the desired support from her summer team members. Chelsea is as good a student as she is a ball player and one of the best kids I know personally......I am confused by your comment "best player in the world" did I say world? The ex-olympic coach was not a female either, but maybe I digress. Just take comments for what there worth, don't add or subtract or change someone's words.  It's only several well respected college coach's opinions and just a couple of people who have seen most other atheletes in the state.

825678955[/snapback]

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers jaybird , You are not the only one who has referenced the greatness of this young lady, gulleyball made several comments on this thread... but the" future olympian" comment was made by "trasb" on the thread "beat catcher in the state".Chill Out Buddy, It's not all about you !!! :blink:

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing Chelsea Bramlett play. Does FACS have any other threats that opponents should look out for, or are Chelsea and her counterpart Stephanie just that good?

825679337[/snapback]

Going to a different topic I have seen both Baylor and St Benedict play at earlier tournaments this year and based on what I saw I would give a razor thin edge to St Benedict. If these teams play 10 times they would probably split 5-5. I live in Middle Tennessee so I don't have a dog in this fight.

I would be interested to know why you give the razor thin edge to St. Benedict. I have not personally seen St. Benedict play, but Baylor still has some definite talent throughout their lineup this season.

825680365[/snapback]

we played both teams, and i thought they were about equal. but we played baylor at the beginning and played stB in the middle. we tied baylor, and won against stB