Coffee County

flyball

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been following Oakland much of the year, although ive just been posting about them in the past few weeks, but im extremely proud of what the girls have accomplished in the last 2 weeks. Last week, they fought off 3 straight elimination games to make it to the district championship. Then last night, they had to go on the road against a tough team in Cofee Co, whom Oakland hasnt had a whole lot of success playing against, but they won anyways making it 4 straight elimination games they have won. Im so proud of what these girls have accomplished and hope they continue to take this"refuse to lose" attitude to all their games. Girls, the Oakland community is very proud of you, keep up the good work!

Oakland, congrats on the win last night. I hated to see the game decided the way it was, but that's softball. Good Luck the rest of the way. Beat Riverdale now.

825675605[/snapback]

Very tough loss for the Lady Raiders, but they'll bounce back. They always do. I don't know a thing about Oakland, but if they can go into Coffee County and win an elimination game, they have to be a pretty good ball team.

I look forward to seeing the Lady Raiders in the summer. I know they will have several new faces in the lineup as will Tullahoma and Lincoln County. I think they all lose four or five seniors.

Congrats to a GREAT season Coffee County! I know that when we play each other we battle it out and i can personally say that ya'll are a GREAT team and i wish each of you nothing but the best in the future! Keep Working hard each and everyone of you! For the seniors i know how it feels for it to end this way! Good luck to all of you!

Whitney Horton #12

Very tough loss for the Lady Raiders, but they'll bounce back. They always do. I don't know a thing about Oakland, but if they can go into Coffee County and win an elimination game, they have to be a pretty good ball team.

I look forward to seeing the Lady Raiders in the summer. I know they will have several new faces in the lineup as will Tullahoma and Lincoln County. I think they all lose four or five seniors.

825675610[/snapback]

Oakland has been a team that has faced much adversity but has had a "refuse to die" attitude about them, especially in these last 2 weeks. Before their season even began, their coach left em in the dust. Oakland was very fortunate that Coach Venable was already on staff as the volleyball coach, so she took over after the coach Oakland hired left. Then last night, Oakland had to plat without 2 of their best players, Katie Goad and Tiffany Smith, and still found a way to win.

Coffee Co maybe more talented, but there are very few teams out there with the kind of toughness(mental and physical) that Oakland has exhibited this season.