tullahoma riverdale

mjuhb

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without aces on the mound, two very average ball clubs.  Tullahoma lefty kept RHS off balance most of the game and RHS made 4 errors in one inning to give up 2 unearned runs.  We will see what happens Friday.  BTW, Morris has a hose at SS, but his HR wasn't a bomb - opposite field about 340.

825677204[/snapback]

wow only 340 opposite field? that shoulda been a ground rule double!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think both teams could play better, but it was a good game. A very gutsy performance by Jr. pitcher, Ben Walker and he helped the cause with a 2-run homer in the second inning that put the Cats on top 2-1. Too many errors by Riverdale, but when you put the ball in play, good things happen, eventually. Bryan Morris hit a big solo homer in the top of the seventh, to give the Cats a little breathing room. The warriors had several men on base, but couldn't get the big hit. It had been a few years since I had been to Riverdale, but very nice facilities, especially the press box. Good luck Riverdale at McMinn Co. The Cleveland at Tullahoma game will start at 7pm Friday nite, weather permitting.

Without aces on the mound, two very average ball clubs.  Tullahoma lefty kept RHS off balance most of the game and RHS made 4 errors in one inning to give up 2 unearned runs.  We will see what happens Friday.  BTW, Morris has a hose at SS, but his HR wasn't a bomb - opposite field about 340.

825677204[/snapback]

5-3 score i dont think pitching had any thing todo with this game being average tullahoma did pitch their number 2pitcher our coaching staff decided to go with sweez who did a great job i dont know too many pitchers that can pitch around 4 errors in one inning. tullahoma is a very good team and riverdale is also a very good team we just didnt get the big hits that they did tonight but that is just BASEBALL keep in mind there was no pressure on this game this was just a play and have fun game and lets see what happens GO WARRIORS GOOD LUCK ON FRIDAY AGAINST mcminn co

I thought a big turning point in the game was when Riverdale had runners on 1st and 2nd and no outs and tried to bunt the runners over to 2nd and 3rd and the batter popped up to the pitcher who made a great play. If Ben Walker doesn't catch that pop-up, then Riverdale has the bases loaded and no outs, instead of runners at 1st and 2nd and one out. I think it was the bottom of the fifth. The Warriors don't score in that inning. Riverdale should have their aces ready for McMinn Co Friday nite. Cleveland has graduation Friday and I wonder how many seniors are on this team, who will miss graduation Friday nite. I think Cleveland is a fairly young team, but I don't know that for a fact.

5-3 score i dont think pitching had any thing todo with this game being average tullahoma did pitch their number 2pitcher our coaching staff decided to go with sweez who did a great job i dont know too many pitchers that can pitch around 4 errors in one inning.  tullahoma is a very good team and riverdale is also a very good team we just didnt get the big hits that they did tonight but that is just BASEBALL keep in mind there was no pressure on this game this was just a play and have fun game and lets see what happens GO WARRIORS GOOD LUCK ON FRIDAY AGAINST mcminn co

825677428[/snapback]

Good points. THS & RHS are very good ball clubs, and this shows because their average is better than many's best as shown by their district records. When you get to this time of the season, unless you have a horse on the mound like Morris the game comes down to errors, executing and timely hitting. But you could say that about any game couldn't you? It's just magnified in the playoffs where most teams are equal.

To the Riverdale baseball tram that plays McMinn on Friday. The grass part of the infield and outfield are very rough. Bad hops are abounding. During the Cleveland/McMinn game a bunch of routine ground balls turn into errors or spectacular plays where the ball may bounce anywhere. Nobody knows which way the ball may go. In the outfield in an earlier game, the left fielder had a ball rolling to him then in bounced over his head. This happened more than once this year.

McMinn has a good hitting team. The pitching isn’t the strong part of the team. The pitcher keeps you off balance by mixing the pitches.

Good Luck to all teams left in District 5 AAA on Friday.

To the Riverdale baseball tram that plays McMinn on Friday.  The grass part of the infield and outfield are very rough.  Bad hops are abounding.  During the Cleveland/McMinn game a bunch of routine ground balls turn into errors or spectacular plays where the ball may bounce anywhere.  Nobody knows which way the ball may go.  In the outfield in an earlier game, the left fielder had a ball rolling to him then in bounced over his head.  This happened more than once this year.

McMinn has a good hitting team.  The pitching isn’t the strong part of the team.  The pitcher keeps you off balance by mixing the pitches.

Good Luck to all teams left in District 5 AAA on Friday.

825677784[/snapback]

Thanks for the info!

A scouting report for you. Tullahoma's starting pitcher is pretty good B)