SODDY DAISY - STATE CHAMPIONS AGAIN?

THE INTIMIDATOR

Roarsb1169, I spoke with the Riverdales pitchers father just a few minutes ago. Here is the short version. Falon arm was very sore and was not around the plate. Second, she had no speed. Third they were ripping the ball and made several errors. He said they were basically down and out the first ending. Give credit to Red Bank, they are a good team. I watched them early this year, and if you don't bring your A game now; you go home. With that said, I just don't see any team beating Soddy. My two picks didn't even get there ( Brentwood, Riverdale ) This leaves Beech and Rossview to give them a game, and frankly I just don't see it.

825679115[/snapback]

excuses don't work, Red Bank kicked butt tonight!!! Riverdale wasn't down and out in the first inning, they were down and out in the second when Red bank ripped one over the fence, then they were really down and out when Red bank ripped a two run homer over the fence. Riverdale came out thinking they had the game won, and they didn't. Also, I didn't see anything wrong with her arm, speed, or location, until she realized she was losing!! Riverdale is a good team, but its over now cause RED BANK IS GOING TO STATE!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Riverdale would have made it hard on Soddy, but they won't get the chance so as far as talent goes Soddy may have it wrapped up.

825679161[/snapback]

With Riverdale out of the way, it will definitley make Soddy's chances even better. But, you never know. Who thought Red Bank would beat them? That's why they play the game!!!!

Soddy must stay focused!! And maybe they'll finally "celebrate" after a game!!!

too bad we wont ever get to see these two teams play for the championship, but I dont necessarily agree that Soddy is better head to head, player to player. Goodpasture's starting lineup is as good as anyone's, with 5 girls already signed to a scholarship....and one thing that people tend to overlook is the fact they have a lot of senior leadership with a lot of state-tourney experience. I'll also take Pieroni over Waters at this stage in their careers... when Waters becomes a senior, she will probably be the best in the state.

825678808[/snapback]

...........Fairbanks too, if coach gives her the pitching time!!!!

STD, You cut deep!!! lol. This is the first time I've missed it in how many years. About 10!!! I believe if you took a poll of ANYONE this year, they would have put Beech at no better than third ( YOU INCLUDED ) With everyone back at Wilson Central, an improved Hendersonville & M.J teams; Beech was in for a rough road. I do admit they were better than I expected, and continued to improve as the year progressed. I truly hope the "curse " as you call it works. I also missed my two favorites to give Soddy a game in Brentwood and Riverdale. I also believed you picked them guru Stevo. The sleeper team may be Rossview. Anyway, good luck and bring it home.

P.S. I know you're just trying to push the buttons. Just wait; I'll pay you back.

iconu2. I never picked anybody, period. Look back at the AAA predictions thread. I just simply stated watch out for Beech when everyone started talking about how down they would be, esp. you. Kassie is a leader, Mark is a dedicated coach, knowledgeable and all round good person to play for, Kristen has played the game at the highest levels all throughout her career and understands the fundamental of the game as good as anyone. She has taught me a thing or two the past few years. Never underestimate a program as successfull as Beech has been the last 10 years.

excuses don't work, Red Bank kicked butt tonight!!!  Riverdale wasn't down and out in the first inning, they were down and out in the second when Red bank ripped one over the fence, then they were really down and out when Red bank ripped a two run homer over the fence.  Riverdale came out thinking they had the game won, and they didn't.  Also, I didn't see anything wrong with her arm, speed, or location, until she realized she was losing!!  Riverdale is a good team, but its over now cause RED BANK IS GOING TO STATE!!!

825679160[/snapback]

you are right.. there was nothing wrong with Falon or Riverdale except that they came out there expecting it to be a "cakewalk" and it was just gonna be a no biggie.... WRONG THEY WERE!!! red bank did some serious damage to some egos last night and maybe they [red bank] will finally get the credit and recgonition they deserve.. great job ladies!!

-MEMPHIS ALL THE WAY!!!-

you are right.. there was nothing wrong with Falon or Riverdale except that they came out there expecting it to be a "cakewalk" and it was just gonna be a no biggie.... WRONG THEY WERE!!! red bank did some serious damage to some egos last night and maybe they [red bank] will finally get the credit and recgonition they deserve.. great job ladies!!

-MEMPHIS ALL THE WAY!!!-

825679726[/snapback]

Take it easy on Riverdale. If your team is good enough, they will earn their respect by winning, no need to bash another team to try to earn it

Take it easy on Riverdale. If your team is good enough, they will earn their respect by winning, no need to bash another team to try to earn it

825679829[/snapback]

red bank wasn't even supposed to make it out of district... much less all the way into the state tournament.. they have beaten some great teams such as cumberland county and ooltewah (one of the most talked about teams around coacht) and now riverdale... with still no credit.. its always that there was something wrong with the other team... no, red bank just capitalizes when they need to and knows how to get through a tough game mentally and physically... they have proven themselves time and time again... i have nothing against riverdale, nor was i trying to "bash" them in any way... im just tired of teams making excuses for losing... cause there aren't any!!

red bank wasn't even supposed to make it out of district... much less all the way into the state tournament.. they have beaten some great teams such as cumberland county and ooltewah (one of the most talked about teams around coacht) and now riverdale... with still no credit.. its always that there was something wrong with the other team... no, red bank just capitalizes when they need to and knows how to get through a tough game mentally and physically... they have proven themselves time and time again... i have nothing against riverdale, nor was i trying to "bash" them in any way... im just tired of teams making excuses for losing... cause there aren't any!!

825679854[/snapback]

Way to go Red Bank.....Good Luck in the state...... thumb

825679829[/snapback]

Last time I checked, 8 - 1 IS WINNING!!!!..... Isn't it? :lol:

825679854[/snapback]

YOU SAID IT!!! THATS TOTALLY RIGHT, GO RED BANK, GIVE EM heck