Fair Play

hmm... I have always supported the public education system. Further, I will continue to do so in the future. YOU made the point that private school people should financially support the public schools, my point was they already do.

Then my (somewhat sarcastic) point was that you want the taxes of the private school parents but you dont want them to get anything for that...pay us your money but you can't have anything to do with us. It is a silly position. I was pointing out how silly it was by turning the tables...I can see by your emotional reaction that you now see how crazy your position is...thank you for your honesty :lol: .

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Point!!  Let's all quit paying taxes on the Public School system.  Let's just get rid of it!  It's not working for me so I'm going to send my kid to the local Private School.  Hold up I don't have enough money to send my kid to the Private school.  Where will my kid go to school.  Oh well I guess he can work out in the field.

People like you make me proud to be an American! thumb

If no one had to pay taxes that went to the Public School system then there would be No Public School System.  No Free Education for all.  Good Idea!  Do away with it.  Then only the Upper Middle and Upper Class citizens can send their kids to school.  The Lower Middle to Lower Class citizens kids.....well who cares! 

Do you support Communism??  No I'm not saying all who attend Private schools I'm just talking to anyone who believes this S#$T!  That's what other countries do.  Only the rich get education while the others serve the rich.

Also I doubt you get taxed more than me.  Rich people don't get taxed more than everyone else.  So get out of here with that crap!  I'm an American that believes in all kids Rich or Poor.  I think they all deserve the same opportunities.  Don't you??  heck I'll pay more taxes to keep that for "ALL"  the children of this great NATION that provides EDUCATION for "ALL"!  It's called the American Dream!  Apparantly your grand parents found it now you want to get rid of it for everyone else.  COOL GUY!!!  Hold your head high!!! thumb  thumb

825682669[/snapback]

I think being an American means standing on your own two feet, without someone else having to take care of you. Instead it seams to me that we are getting away from that, I see way too many people, even in my own family that are having children they can not afford to take care of. Don't get me wrong I support public education, but tooo many people have their hand out. As far as public and private goes just let me simplify, if privates have the same rule or vise vera as publics, then there should not be a problem.

hmm... I have always supported the public education system.  Further, I will continue to do so in the future.  YOU made the point that private school people should financially support the public schools, my point was they already do.

Then my (somewhat sarcastic) point was that you want the taxes of the private school parents but you dont want them to get anything for that...pay us your money but you can't have anything to do with us.  It is a silly position.  I was pointing out how silly it was by turning the tables...I can see by your emotional reaction that you now see how crazy your position is...thank you for your honesty  :lol: .

825682679[/snapback]

"We" don't take your money. The Government does. You and myself are citizens of this Country so yes we all pay taxes. If you don't like them you use your vote to change it. You are aware of the taxes and were aware of those taxes when you chose to take YOUR kid out of the Public School system and place them in your Private school. No one made You do that. So your point is silly! Private Schools are a Great Choice if you can afford to send your child there. Still you left Public for Private and you shouldn't get a bonus to play them in sports. Plus with the new Voucher system Public parents are paying taxes for those so we're even plus really I don't care to pay taxes that HELP "ANY" child even on Vouchers to go to Private School. If it helps get a child an education and make something of their lives I'm for those taxes. You can try to twist this all you want but the TRUTH is your a Private School Coach. You care about SPORTS more than Education. That's fine too. Kids need to be taught drive. Plus it would not benefit YOU for Publics and Privates to separate. It doesn't benefit me one way or the other. Most people who speak on here are out for themselves not the benefit for "ALL". thumb thumb

"We" don't take your money.  The Government does.  You and myself are citizens of this Country so yes we all pay taxes.  If you don't like them you use your vote to change it.  You are aware of the taxes and were aware of those taxes when you chose to take YOUR kid out of the Public School system and place them in your Private school.  No one made You do that.  So your point is silly!  Private Schools are a Great Choice if you can afford to send your child there.  Still you left Public for Private and you shouldn't get a bonus to play them in sports.  Plus with the new Voucher system Public parents are paying taxes for those so we're even plus really I don't care to pay taxes that HELP "ANY" child even on Vouchers to go to Private School.  If it helps get a child an education and make something of their lives I'm for those taxes.  You can try to twist this all you want but the TRUTH is your a Private School Coach.  You care about SPORTS more than Education.  That's fine too.  Kids need to be taught drive.  Plus it would not benefit YOU for Publics and Privates to separate.  It doesn't benefit me one way or the other.  Most people who speak on here are out for themselves not the benefit for "ALL".  thumb  thumb

825682698[/snapback]

1) I am not twisting anything RU, I stated that I support public education. I happily pay taxes for public schools. I was simply pointing out that YOU claimed private school parents should support public schools...they do...in the form of tax money.

2) Since we have never met I would venture you haven't any idea what I care about, but FYI I have never cared for sports more than education. Yes, I volunteer at a private school. But I taught there for 7 years...oh, and I taught Biology 2 (created that class for them), AP Chemistry (created that one too), and Physical Science. My wife teaches English. I love sports, don't get me wrong, but, just like most people who are involved in private education I care about developing the spirituality and character of the young men and women and the quality of education ...athletics are a distant 3rd.

3) And perhaps that is the problem. You seem to be assuming that we care so much about athletics that we would sacrifice our integrity or academics to have a good won loss record. Sure, we all like to win, and we coach our kids to do their best, but sports are not even in the picture with the other 2 when we talk about what is important to us.

4) Frankly, I am against a public/private split for multiple reasons, but not because of any hardship it would cause me or our school athletically. I listed some of them...there are others. I can assure you winning games is not one of them. We don't even talk that way in our program. We talk about doing things right, loving each other enough to sacrifice for each other, playing like heros, and being the kind of people that our parents and school can be proud of. If those things are good the winning takes care of itsself. If you look at our schedule this year you will find that it is one of the toughest in the state in any classification. We probably shouldn't win half our games...but I am betting we will win quite a few. Not because we stress winning, but because we don't.

I would just like to personally thank softballscout and baldcoach for paying for my child's education and giving us poor folk books and such, what would we ever do without the tax money of you rich folk. Congrats on your morals and careful not to fall of your high horse. Personally i would love for my child to attend a private school but to be honest she never will because I cant afford it. Unlike softballscout who gives up vacation and new cars for his children i would have to give up things like mortgage payments and groceries. However my child does still have good morals, values and will grow up to be just as good a person coming from our pathetic little rural public high school, because contrary to what you guys may think, money does not make you a good person!

I would just like to personally thank softballscout and baldcoach for paying for my child's education and giving us poor folk books and such, what would we ever do without the tax money of you rich folk. Congrats on your morals and careful not to fall of your high horse. Personally i would love for my child to attend a private school but to be honest she never will because I cant afford it. Unlike softballscout who gives up vacation and new cars for his children i would have to give up things like mortgage payments and groceries. However my child does still have good morals, values and will grow up to be just as good a person coming from our pathetic little rural public high school, because contrary to what you guys may think, money does not make you a good person!

825682992[/snapback]

I am neither rich nor on a high horse. And I never said nor implied that kids in public schools weren't good people. In fact, I said just the opposite and many times said that the small, rural publics were very much like the small privates in outlook and atmosphere.

You are the one who used the word pathetic. I never did. I would never put down any students of any school. Nor would I resort to attacking people based on their lack or excess of money.

Making it sound as if I am some sort of elitist in your post is misleading. Please don't do it again.

1) I am not twisting anything RU, I stated that I support public education.  I happily pay taxes for public schools.  I was simply pointing out that YOU claimed private school parents should support public schools...they do...in the form of tax money.

2) Since we have never met I would venture you haven't any idea what I care about, but FYI I have never cared for sports more than education.  Yes, I volunteer at a private school.  But I taught there for 7 years...oh, and I taught Biology 2 (created that class for them), AP Chemistry (created that one too), and Physical Science.  My wife teaches English.  I love sports, don't get me wrong, but, just like most people who are involved in private education I care about developing the spirituality and character of the young men and women and the quality of education ...athletics are a distant 3rd. 

3) And perhaps that is the problem.  You seem to be assuming that we care so much about athletics that we would sacrifice our integrity or academics to have a good won loss record.  Sure, we all like to win, and we coach our kids to do their best, but sports are not even in the picture with the other 2 when we talk about what is important to us.

4) Frankly, I am against a public/private split for multiple reasons, but not because of any hardship it would cause me or our school athletically.  I listed some of them...there are others.  I can assure you winning games is not one of them.  We don't even talk that way in our program.  We talk about doing things right, loving each other enough to sacrifice for each other, playing like heros, and being the kind of people that our parents and school can be proud of.  If those things are good the winning takes care of itsself.  If you look at our schedule this year you will find that it is one of the toughest in the state in any classification.  We probably shouldn't win half our games...but I am betting we will win quite a few.  Not because we stress winning, but because we don't.

825682905[/snapback]

If you're happy why were you complaining about it on a few previous posts??? Are you changing you stance on the tax issue that YOU brought into the conversation???

Also I never said anything about Private Supporters need to support Publics in any way. Yes I know we all do through taxes. That's great. Taxes stink but those taxes go to something good a child's education. Again you brought the issue of taxes into the picture.

To your #2......Great!!! You've gone above and beyond your call for duty. We all need teachers like you sarcasim aside. You're right I don't know you. But on my replies most of them are directed to YOU not every Private school supporter. I do not speak for all Public supporters as well. I only speak for myself. I also don't have any ties to the single A Public school system. I played baseball at a AAA school that never competed for anything against a Private A school. We did play them and we beat them not by much but we did beat them. My school's baseball program was very good then. But if sports are a distant 3rd why are you so concerned with changing things with the Public vs Private sports???

To your #3....That's Great too!!! I know that you guys don't take away from your academics to sacrifice for sports.....Private Administrators are smart. I was in a Fraternity while in college. We had the highest Greek GPA and we dominated all in Sports......Why b/c we recruited guys that would make the 4.0's to cover our athletes. No not all athletes make low grades but this is how it was when our fraternity recruited well. We balanced academics and sports. We were the best on campus. So I too know how to recruit. Private school report cards are the best around!!!

To your #4.....I agree. Winning is not everything. My point is not about winning it's about fairness. I guess all Publics in a county could open there zones but that would cause problems. Wouldn't work. See if all schools were private or all public there would be nothing to argue about. Except for recruiting accusations. Also I still found your Gov of Alabama statement pretty funny but in a way it is kinda true. You got me thinking about it most minority children don't go to Private school not b/c they're not allowed but can't afford it. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It was a good point. thumb

I am neither rich nor on a high horse.  And I never said nor implied that kids in public schools weren't good people.  In fact, I said just the opposite and many times said that the small, rural publics were very much like the small privates in outlook and atmosphere. 

You are the one who used the word pathetic.  I never did.  I would never put down any students of any school.  Nor would I resort to attacking people based on their lack or excess of money. 

Making it sound as if I am some sort of elitist in your post is misleading.  Please don't do it again.

825683092[/snapback]

825683320[/snapback]

Baldcoach,

Nothing I said was misleading, you and softballscout went on and on about paying taxes to the public school as if you are the only ones and we all should owe you something. So i just wanted to thank you, didnt want you to think it went unnoticed. Im sure you are a great guy and we are all entitled to our opinion thats why these boards are so popular. This debate could go on forever and there is not right answer, but i think it is agreed by all (even you) that the private schools both large and small have great advantage over the poor, rural public schools that they are competing against.

Unfair advantages?

Unfair would be if private schools were allowed to play twenty year olds against everyone else's 19 and unders.

Unfair would be if privates only had to go eight yards for a first down while everyone else had to go ten.

Unfair would be if privates got six personal fouls per player while everyone else got five.

Unfair would be if privates got four outs per inning while everyone else got three.

Otherwise, if privates are playing with kids whose age conforms to the rules, kids who have to shoot free throws from 15 feet, kids who are required to run the full 400 meters in a 400 meter race -- yadda yadda yadda -- then what are they doing that is unfair?

If there are no differences, then why not play at the AAA or 5A level? Move yourself up and play stronger competition.

Or better yet, play in the D2 classification.

Nothing prevents you from playing in either of those classifications -- except a long list of excuses.

Unfair advantages?

Unfair would be if private schools were allowed to play twenty year olds against everyone else's 19 and unders. 

Unfair would be if privates only had to go eight yards for a first down while everyone else had to go ten. 

Unfair would be if privates got six personal fouls per player while everyone else got five. 

Unfair would be if privates got four outs per inning while everyone else got three.

Otherwise, if privates are playing with kids whose age conforms to the rules, kids who have to shoot free throws from 15 feet, kids who are required to run the full 400 meters in a 400 meter race -- yadda yadda yadda -- then what are they doing that is unfair?

825683493[/snapback]