AAA state

weaveworld

this is probably poitnless but for correct stats, tj brown missed the pk. rarelly does kelley take them.

825680335[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification. That was just word on the street in Brentwood after the game. Still the similar outcomes of all the region games were pretty uncanny.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BHs007, While I am an alumni player out of YOUR very district , your facts are tainted. Farragut DOES play in the toughest district in the state. 4 teams out that district and maybe 5 could have beaten most of the teams in most regional titile games.  If Farragut played the schedule that Brentwood did, their production of goals would have been much higher also. You seem to think that the very best teams are on Brentwoods schedule, well the very best teams for the last 4 years have come out of Farraguts district because one of those teams have been the State Champion for the last 4 years.  In addition to that for the last 4 years Knoxville has owned the AAA  State Title and the A/AA (CAK) for  2 years and the AAA finalist for the last two years have been out of Farraguts Region (Bearden and OAk Ridge State Runnerups). So you can't compare anything.

And you said if Farragut beats Brentwood it  would be the upset of the tournament????. Give me a break,  Try and Find someone to agree with you on that. You will have you hands full with a team playing well together  that has won 2 championships already and will give you even more than you are ready for. I have seen you play 3 times and I watched Farragut against CAK this year and against Beardenb the other night and they are a handful. Bearden and Farragut are much more favorites, but you'll see soon.

PS, I hate going against my boys in Middle Tenn , but the truth is the truth, Farragut could just well win this again!!!!!!!!!!

825680244[/snapback]

I think Yoda would say, "Matters not, the past, it does."

Now, if Farragut had been ranked all year and was not currently the #11 team, I would not have made the "upset" comment. There is a lot more to consider than just the old, "all the toughest teams are in the east" propaganda. People have worn that out for the last few years. There is more equality this year than there ever has been. You are certainly correct in saying, "we will see."

Thanks for the clarification. That was just word on the street in Brentwood after the game. Still the similar outcomes of all the region games were pretty uncanny.

825680408[/snapback]

definately agree. the first thing i said after i heard about the score of the brentwood game was "how weird". 5 to 0. then 3 to 1. just, swapping. it was very strange. definately agree

definately agree. the first thing i said after i heard about the score of the brentwood game was "how weird". 5 to 0. then 3 to 1. just, swapping. it was very strange. definately agree

825680424[/snapback]

I don't think either Glencliff or Rossview were weak teams. They both gave all their best. I know Rossview did very well against eastern teams this year. Just not up to the level of HV or BW. I think the 3-1 scores for finals were due to them laying it all on the line and us playing a little more "not to lose" than usual, since it was a must win situation. Would you agree? It's all about strategy! Good luck in Memphis, would love to have a rematch in the finals but wouldn't be too upset if you lost early :blink:

Now, if Farragut had been ranked all year and was not currently  the #11 team, I would not have made the "upset" comment. There is a lot more to consider than just the old, "all the toughest teams are in the east" propaganda. People have worn that out for the last few years. There is more equality this year than there ever has been. You are certainly correct in saying, "we will see."

825680412[/snapback]

i agree that the past teams have nothing to do with this yer's competition, but i disagree about the rankings because oak ridge, tullahoma, rossview, and greeneville would all be in the state tournament and not farragut seeing as how theyare 11th so all i am saying is that rankings mean nothing at this point in the year, and i definitely would not be an upset because anything can happen this year an any of the games the competition is too great.

Now, if Farragut had been ranked all year and was not currently  the #11 team, I would not have made the "upset" comment. There is a lot more to consider than just the old, "all the toughest teams are in the east" propaganda. People have worn that out for the last few years. There is more equality this year than there ever has been. You are certainly correct in saying, "we will see."

825680412[/snapback]

not if hendersonville has anything to say about, they do

i agree that the past teams have nothing to do with this yer's competition, but i disagree about the rankings because oak ridge, tullahoma, rossview, and greeneville would all be in the state tournament and not farragut seeing as how theyare 11th so all i am saying is that rankings mean nothing at this point in the year, and i definitely would not be an upset because anything can happen this year an any of the games the competition is too great.

825680554[/snapback]

well farragut may be better than all these teams but not necissarilyl. rossview had to play the 1st and 2nd ranked teams to get to state, therefore its not fair to say they dont deserve their ranking. but yes farragut is underrated

I don't think either Glencliff or Rossview were weak teams. They both gave all their best. I know Rossview did very well against eastern teams this year. Just not up to the level of HV or BW. I think the 3-1 scores for finals were due to them laying it all on the line and us playing a little more "not to lose" than usual, since it was a must win situation. Would you agree? It's all about strategy! Good luck in Memphis, would love to have a rematch in the finals but wouldn't be too upset if you lost early :lol:

825680426[/snapback]

I don't think they were either bhs. I think glencliff played a hard match, and rossview as well. Definately deserved to make it all the way to sectionals. i mean that makes them 1 of what? 16 teams left? and thats quite an honor in itself. I simply meant that quote by it was strange how brentwood and hendersonviles sectional and region finals were the same. but yes, congrats to both teams for making it that far, its better than most.

I don't think they were either bhs. I think glencliff played a hard match, and rossview as well. Definately deserved to make it all the way to sectionals. i mean that makes them 1 of what? 16 teams left? and thats quite an honor in itself. I simply meant that quote by it was strange how brentwood and hendersonviles sectional and region finals were the same. but yes, congrats to both teams for making it that far, its better than most.

825680848[/snapback]

I am with you on your quote. All I was saying regarding them not being weak teams was in response to all the "HV and BW don't play anybody" attitudes that seem to prevail here on Coach T. For some reason, people see Farragut winning 11 of 12 at the end of their schedule (which happens to be the weakest part) and 1-0 or 2-1 games in their regionals and just assume they are playing more talented teams. It's a weak argument, to me.

Definately agree. I'll be intrested to see them play, because I haven't seen what the east has to offer yet. I think it will all be shown when they combine, because they do not realy know the skill of the central, and the central hasn't seen the skill of the east yet. Not to say, I'm sure West has something to offer. Has anyone seen Germantown play? How are the teams out there? Are they up to par with east and central tennessee?

Definately agree. I'll be intrested to see them play, because I haven't seen what the east has to offer yet. I think it will all be shown when they combine, because they do not realy know the skill of the central, and the central hasn't seen the skill of the east yet. Not to say, I'm sure West has something to offer. Has anyone seen Germantown play? How are the teams out there? Are they up to par with east and central tennessee?

825680873[/snapback]

Brentwood beat Germantown 3-0 in a tournament earlier this year. I would say, Houston is the better team in the west. The eastern teams have seen a little bit of central teams this year. They just don't like to talk about it because they didn't do that well against them.

BHs007, While I am an alumni player out of YOUR very district , your facts are tainted. Farragut DOES play in the toughest district in the state. 4 teams out that district and maybe 5 could have beaten most of the teams in most regional titile games.  If Farragut played the schedule that Brentwood did, their production of goals would have been much higher also. You seem to think that the very best teams are on Brentwoods schedule, well the very best teams for the last 4 years have come out of Farraguts district because one of those teams have been the State Champion for the last 4 years.  In addition to that for the last 4 years Knoxville has owned the AAA  State Title and the A/AA (CAK) for  2 years and the AAA finalist for the last two years have been out of Farraguts Region (Bearden and OAk Ridge State Runnerups). So you can't compare anything.

PS, I hate going against my boys in Middle Tenn , but the truth is the truth, Farragut could just well win this again!!!!!!!!!!

825680244[/snapback]

Great post, but don't forget Bearden’s National Championship and Lenoir City is less than 10 miles from Farragut and they are one of the top A/AA teams in the State.

Hendersonville has always had great soccer but the Knoxville region has great comp.

Within a 15 mile radius you have Farragut, Bearden, Oakridge, CAK, Lenoir City, Webb, Knox Catholic and a few others. Plus all these fine young men see each other on their Select teams.

This one of the weakest teams that Farragut has had in 5 years but they play with heart and Coach W has them peaking at the right time.

Good luck Ads.

I was wondering? What select team from this years senior's won state last year?

Get ready for a battle!

pd_junobroad.jpg

Edited by rigger101