White House  (13-1)

Cookeville  (11-2)

Greenbrier  (13-2)

Hillwood  (12-1)

DCA  (15-0)

MBA  (9-3)

Lebanon  (9-3)

10  Smyrna  (9-3)

That's the final top ten from the Nashville newspaper... should this be how it starts out in 2005 or would you change up the order quite a bit? Go ahead and share your thoughts...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know my answer...I'd throw BA somewhere in there. Not sure how they'll respond to the loss of Griffin, Turner, Little, et al, but they're usually worthy of a midstate top-10 nod (except in cases of classification appeasement, a la the Tennessean).

2004 Final Top 10 from The Tennessean

That's the final top ten from the Nashville newspaper... should this be how it starts out in 2005 or would you change up the order quite a bit? Go ahead and share your thoughts...

825680327[/snapback]

Not how it should be now. Especially as R'dale beat Franklin 70-0 in the spring scrimmage.

Would rate R'dale 1 until somebody beats them at least. After that it is anybodies guess. :blink:

Not that this thread is about a spring scrimmage but I'm going to say it again... I could care less if it had been 700-0. It was a spring scrimmage with neither squad having their full team out there. Who is to say that the guys Franklin did not have out there couldn't have made up the difference? Exactly, you can't. Maybe we'll get to see how they would stack up next December.

Westopher... of course you would say that. We'll see what BA can do next year, because you are right, they lost a ton.

I'm honestly too ignorant to put together a list of ten teams from the Mid-State that I would have in a top ten. But I'll throw some teams out there I'd probably include:

Riverdale

Franklin

Ravenwood

MBA

Cookeville

BA (maybe...)

Obviously biased towards 5A which I know the most about...

Not that this thread is about a spring scrimmage but I'm going to say it again... I could care less if it had been 700-0. It was a spring scrimmage with neither squad having their full team out there. Who is to say that the guys Franklin did not have out there couldn't have made up the difference? Exactly, you can't. Maybe we'll get to see how they would stack up next December.

Westopher... of course you would say that. We'll see what BA can do next year, because you are right, they lost a ton.

I'm honestly too ignorant to put together a list of ten teams from the Mid-State that I would have in a top ten. But I'll throw some teams out there I'd probably include:

Riverdale

Franklin

Ravenwood

MBA

Cookeville

BA (maybe...)

Obviously biased towards 5A which I know the most about...

825680356[/snapback]

Dang, rebel, i know you love your team - but do you really think a few more players could "have made up the difference"? that's 70 points. But you-re exactly right - it was just a scrimmage, and no one in their right mind would expect a score like that in the regular season, or especially in the playoffs. Ya'll will get it together, I have no doubt.

As to the topic - Riverdale #1 until beaten. I am glad to see the new names on the list - Cookeville and Ravenwood. Can't wait to see how they handle the pressure of high expectations.

Edited by Riverdale

Riverdale is #1 going in-unless someone smarter than me knows more.  After them, it's all scrambled eggs. 

Spring practice tells you only who's running at the first two teams going into fall practice.

I wouldn't know who to pick #2, but I'm positive it's not Franklin.  Not with a totally new coach.

Heck, I'll go with Ravenwood, why not?

825680484[/snapback]

I agree with you R'dale. I don't put great deal of stock in spring practice for the most part. You have alot of 2 sport athletes that are off playing baseball, so you don't get a good look at what the team is really capable of. Not gospel, just a thought.

First of all, its a joke that DCA and Greenbrier finished in front of MBA in the final poll. I don't care what their respective records were. MBA would have beaten them both somewhat easily. Furthermore, I think the Big Red would have beaten Hillwood, White House, and Cookeville. Franklin and Riverdale would have been close.

My top 10, not in order:

MBA

Brentwood Academy

Franklin

Riverdale

Cookeville

Ravenwood

Smyrna

Antioch

Brentwood

Stratford

First of all, its a joke that DCA and Greenbrier finished in front of MBA in the final poll.  I don't care what their respective records were.  MBA would have beaten them both somewhat easily.  Furthermore, I think the Big Red would have beaten Hillwood, White House, and CookevilleFranklin and Riverdale would have been close.

My top 10, not in order:

MBA

Brentwood Academy

Franklin

Riverdale

Cookeville

Ravenwood

Smyrna

Antioch

Brentwood

Stratford

825680601[/snapback]

The Tennessean football poll is generally more about

increasing readership than accuracy. They have historically

added teams from single A and double AA that would be

beaten easily by the better 4A and 5A schools.