2005 Preseason Middle TN Top 10

FHSrebel27

First of all, its a joke that DCA and Greenbrier finished in front of MBA in the final poll.  I don't care what their respective records were.  MBA would have beaten them both somewhat easily.  Furthermore, I think the Big Red would have beaten Hillwood, White House, and CookevilleFranklin and Riverdale would have been close.

My top 10, not in order:

MBA

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>

Franklin

Riverdale

Cookeville

Ravenwood

Smyrna

Antioch

Brentwood

Stratford

825680601[/snapback]

Would've

Should've

Could've

I believe Gordonsville would have beaten MBA quite easily!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrimmages give you only glimpses of your talent level-not strength versus another team. It's little things called "preparation" and "game plan" that factor into it. And include, referees who are actually into what's going on, real time special teams, and the clock. Plus, during a game, you're not going to have your coaches out on the field teaching and calling plays off a clipboard.

And don't forget the band!

Everyone have a safe summer getting stronger for the fall.

My top ten from back earlier in the year.

1. Brentwood Academy -- 100.7

2. Riverdale -- 100.6

3. MBA --100.2

4. Cookeville -- 100.1 (Surprise)

5. Smyrna -- 96.7

6. Antioch -- 95.9

7. Dickson County -- 95.8

8. Franklin -- 91.4

9. Gallatin -- 89.1

10.(Tie) Hendersonvillle -- 87

10.(Tie) Ravenwood -- 87

The top 4 were pretty much interchangeable.

Is this the year the new school opens over in Dickson county or was that last year. DC is poised for a serious run but if they've lost players to a new school that may change.

Hey Fuggly, I think you misunderstood.  It was the Middle Tn top 10.

825680445[/snapback]

oops........well in that case, it looks pretty good. I don't know how good lincoln cty. is supposed to be, but from what i hear, they should probably be up there somewhere between 8 and 10.

Guest catfish-hunter
First of all, its a joke that DCA and Greenbrier finished in front of MBA in the final poll.  I don't care what their respective records were.  MBA would have beaten them both somewhat easily.  Furthermore, I think the Big Red would have beaten Hillwood, White House, and CookevilleFranklin and Riverdale would have been close.

My top 10, not in order:

MBA

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>

Franklin

Riverdale

Cookeville

Ravenwood

Smyrna

Antioch

Brentwood

Stratford

825680601[/snapback]

Stratford and Franklin??? You have got to be kidding me right??? White House destroyed a Hillwood team that thumped Stratford last year in the playoffs in case you have forgotten my friend. Furthermore White House layed a real whoopin' on Gallatin a few weeks ago in a scrimmage. Stratford will suffer through rough time after the departure of William Johnson as will Franklin after the loss of Tim Johnson.

Hey TDCman, Ravenwood might be the 2nd best team in the midstate behind Riverdale.

Here's how it really is folks:

1.) Riverdale

2.) Some PRETENDER that will lose to Rankin's Warriors sometime'

3. thru 10.) Does it really matter???

Stratford and Franklin???  You have got to be kidding me right???  White House destroyed a Hillwood team that thumped Stratford last year in the playoffs in case you have forgotten my friend.  Furthermore White House layed a real whoopin' on Gallatin a few weeks ago in a scrimmage.  Stratford will suffer through rough time after the departure of William Johnson as will Franklin after the loss of Tim Johnson. 

Hey TDCman, Ravenwood might be the 2nd best team in the midstate behind Riverdale

Here's how it really is folks:

1.) Riverdale

2.) Some PRETENDER that will lose to Rankin's Warriors sometime'

3. thru 10.) Does it really matter???

825685124[/snapback]

Well lets just save the kids all the hard work and sweat they go thru in the summer and just make Riverdale the"paper" champion.

Stratford and Franklin???  You have got to be kidding me right???  White House destroyed a Hillwood team that thumped Stratford last year in the playoffs in case you have forgotten my friend.  Furthermore White House layed a real whoopin' on Gallatin a few weeks ago in a scrimmage.  Stratford will suffer through rough time after the departure of William Johnson as will Franklin after the loss of Tim Johnson. 

825685124[/snapback]

I think the Rebs definitely won't be suffering through a tough time. Look, Tim Johnson was a great coach. I'm glad we had him for three years. However, just because he left doesn't mean that he doesn't leave behind anything. He has instilled into the Franklin program a belief that no matter what the Rebels can do great things. Keep in mind that Franklin was predicted to NOT make the playoffs last season. Yeah, they happened to go 13-2 in a rebuilding year. That speaks as much about the players as it does the coach. So here we are in what is far from a rebuilding year but yet we STILL don't have much respect from across the state because our coach left for Giles County (yes, still scratching my head...). We're going to be just fine... and the Rebs do not need anyone but themselves believing that.

Guest catfish-hunter
I think the Rebs definitely won't be suffering through a tough time. Look, Tim Johnson was a great coach. I'm glad we had him for three years. However, just because he left doesn't mean that he doesn't leave behind anything. He has instilled into the Franklin program a belief that no matter what the Rebels can do great things. Keep in mind that Franklin was predicted to NOT make the playoffs last season. Yeah, they happened to go 13-2 in a rebuilding year. That speaks as much about the players as it does the coach. So here we are in what is far from a rebuilding year but yet we STILL don't have much respect from across the state because our coach left for Giles County (yes, still scratching my head...). We're going to be just fine... and the Rebs do not need anyone but themselves believing that.

825685128[/snapback]

Yeah I really hated to see Tim go to Giles as well. I know that he used to coach there when I was in high school and that his wife works there (at least I think she does) but that place is hopeless. Giles Co. is the first region game for Cheatham Co. in week two and they are the first region win for the Cubs that week as well thumb

My top 10, not in order:

MBA

Franklin

Riverdale

Cookeville

Ravenwood

Smyrna

Antioch

Brentwood

Stratford

825680601[/snapback]

Doubt MBA could beat Cookeville. We are too big and too strong. We will be a close second to Riverdale next season. 35 seniors next year, and about 15 returning starters.