2005 Preseason Middle TN Top 10

FHSrebel27

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stratford and Franklin???  You have got to be kidding me right???  White House destroyed a Hillwood team that thumped Stratford last year in the playoffs in case you have forgotten my friend.  Furthermore White House layed a real whoopin' on Gallatin a few weeks ago in a scrimmage.  Stratford will suffer through rough time after the departure of William Johnson as will Franklin after the loss of Tim Johnson. 

Hey TDCman, Ravenwood might be the 2nd best team in the midstate behind Riverdale

Here's how it really is folks:

1.) Riverdale

2.) Some PRETENDER that will lose to Rankin's Warriors sometime'

3. thru 10.) Does it really matter???

825685124[/snapback]

Final score White House 19 Gallatin 28. Now just what "whoopin" are you referring too? Not to take anything away from White House but obviously you weren't at the scrimmage.

What does that have to do with anything?  We are talking about present, not past.  We have beat you before.  Who's to say that we can't do it again?  What do you know about Cookeville anyway?

825685769[/snapback]

Yes, the past is the past, but as a point of clarification, MBA and Cookeville have played four times, with MBA winning all four:

1993: MBA 7, Cookeville 0

1988: MBA 17, Cookeville 6

1987: MBA 42, Cookeville 7

1949: MBA 36 Cookeville 13

Yes, the past is the past, but as a point of clarification, MBA and Cookeville have played four times, with MBA winning all four:

1993: MBA 7, Cookeville 0

1988: MBA 17, Cookeville 6

1987: MBA 42, Cookeville 7

1949: MBA 36 Cookeville 13

825686069[/snapback]

When I was a sophomore, we played you in a scrimmage and beat you guys. Of course it wont be on record over in your world.

When I was a sophomore, we played you in a scrimmage and beat you guys.  Of course it wont be on record over in your world.

825686206[/snapback]

This is hilarious. "over in your world"? What does that mean? You're talking about a scrimmage. I think we played our JV against you that day anyway. :D

Seriously, we can argue this all day long, but the reality is that we'll never know who would beat who this year because the two teams won't play each other. Plus, I don't know if Coach Joslin wants any part of MBA after the last couple of losses he took to the Big Red while at Gallatin. :D

When I was a sophomore, we played you in a scrimmage and beat you guys.  Of course it wont be on record over in your world.

825686206[/snapback]

I echo TBRD's sentiments; I don't know of many "worlds" where a scrimmage counts and is listed in the record books. Link us to one high school website where historical (meaning multiple years) scrimmage "results" are listed and I'll change my tune.

Heck, Cookeville's website itself doesn't even list its 2005 scrimmages on the "Schedules" link.

Edited by rollredroll

This is hilarious.  "over in your world"?  What does that mean?  You're talking about a scrimmage.  I think we played our JV against you that day anyway. :lol:

Seriously, we can argue this all day long, but the reality is that we'll never know who would beat who this year because the two teams won't play each other. Plus, I don't know if Coach Joslin wants any part of MBA after the last couple of losses he took to the Big Red while at Gallatin. ;)

825686273[/snapback]

Ouch!!!

Those were some very good MBA squads. After being so good for so long those were some very humbling moments starting out the season with a loss.

I doubt however, that Joslin is scared of MBA. He has done a very good at Cookeville.

Ouch!!!

Those were some very good MBA squads.  After being so good for so long those were some very humbling moments starting out the season with a loss. 

825686503[/snapback]

Ton of respect for Gallatin from the MBA side...the Green Wave were a major thorn in our side during the mid-to-late 80s and early 90s. Gallatin was one of the most feared programs in the state during that era.