Best spot for Spring Fling?

ahs_cards_fan

I just think Nashville has the facilities, hotels, restaurants and added attractions plus the central location with 3 of the 4 major interstates running through it.  It's easier to get to and from a baseball perspective, there is Vandy, Lipscomb, Belmont and Greer Stadium to choose from.  With the upgrades at Vandy and now lights at Lipscomb, all the baseball games could be played on collegiate or better fields, all within 15 minutes of each other.

825681080[/snapback]

Agreed....Nashvegas should host!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

riverdale maybe but one couldn't fit 100 people at oakland you need to go back and read the article in the memphis newspaper is saids lower middle tennessee that tullahoma and winchester

825680769[/snapback]

Murfreesboro is the logical choice.  A new Soccer complex is under construction and that was a major factor when the TSSAA decided on Memphis a few years ago.

You have to get it out of Memphis. A bonehead decision and I think the TSSAA realizes it.

As for Baseball, MTSU, Cumberland (in nearby Lebanon), Riverdale, Oakland (despite the seating capacity problem) are good fields. Grider Stadium in Tullahoma is not all it used to be. It is showing it's age.

825681078[/snapback]

Oakland can prolly sit 400 or so right now, but i know its in the work to add more seats behind home plate. Nonetheless, Oakland would still be a excellent place as one of the sub-sites for the baseball part of spring fling

thats where they had it in 98 when engel stadium was being renovated

825683416[/snapback]

I played in the fling twice when it was in Chatt. and had a great experience both years. The fields were so-so, but one thing about it was the atmosphere. All the news covered that week was the fling. They gave every score from every game in every sport. The section of the local paper that covered the fling was as thick as the Commercial Appeal, and everywhere you went that was all that people were talking about. They covered the tournaments very well and made it a great memorable trip for all that were involved. No matter where the fling moves next, some people are going to complain about having to travel. But as far as I am concerned, that is what was the most memorable thing, esp. as a senior getting to spend that last week with your teammates. You were together for one last week, and for that week they truly were your family, not just your teammates. If any other city can give you that atmosphere, that city has my vote whether it be in West, Middle, or East. Just where ever it goes, let's try to crown ALL state champs in the state of TENNESSEE.

You just forfeited your right to complain about Memphis being too far away.

825680635[/snapback]

Memphis to Greenville is shorter than Unaka to Memphis....only Cloudland HS would be farther away than ANY school in the state..

however, we did have fun on the trip and would do it again, but even with that being said.. Nashville or Murphrees would be good.. or rotate between those 2 and Memphis and Kingsport...

Edited by unakafan07

How about this for example?

How about AAA at Riverdale and Oakland?

AA at Grider and Tomahawk?

A at Smyrna and Lavergne? or Blackman and Siegel? or ???

D II at Trevecca and Lipscomb?

Championship SUNDAY at MTSU?

Some changes I would like to see?

Start games on WEDNESDAY - gives pitchers who

are already on fumes from going Monday and

Friday in must-win games an extra days rest.

End tournament on SUNDAY - gives team's #1s

a chance to rest 3 days between Game #1 and

championship game.

This is a 3-day weekend isn't it? So if any

rain takes place you always have Monday -

what better way to extend a seniors baseball

career?????

How about this for example?

How about AAA at Riverdale and Oakland?

AA at Grider and Tomahawk?

A at Smyrna and Lavergne? or Blackman and Siegel? or ???

D II at Trevecca and Lipscomb?

Championship SUNDAY at MTSU?

Some changes I would like to see?

Start games on WEDNESDAY - gives pitchers who

are already on fumes from going Monday and

Friday in must-win games an extra days rest.

End tournament on SUNDAY - gives team's #1s

a chance to rest 3 days between Game #1 and

championship game. 

This is a 3-day weekend isn't it?  So if any

rain takes place you always have Monday -

what better way to extend a seniors baseball

career?????

825683468[/snapback]

sounds good to me...

Murfreesboro is the place. Friendly City. You have MTSU, Riverdale, Oakland, and

Blackman. Real close by is Laverge and Smyrna. Lots of good motels and hotels.

All interstates lead to this area. Murfreesboro is the geographical center of

Tennessee. The State basketball bunch found this out long ago. I believe this is

very fair to all schools. The travel is centered and you know where it will be

each year. "MURFREESBORO IS THE PLACE". It only makes good common sense.

Edited by RedAceFan

here is my plan i call it "the no more free pass plan" extend the season by a week eliminate the district tournaments all they do is ware teams out take regular season district champs hold a section double-elimination tourny on one weekend

example: friday bradley co vs tullahoma

riverdale vs soddy-daisy

saturday loser 1 vs loser 2

winner 1 vs winner 2

winner 3 vs loser 4

sunday title game

you get point the next weekend you do the same thing in the state tourny less venues less travel lower costs means more $$$$ for tssaa OH YEAH AND NO MORE FREE PASSES!!!!!!

here is my plan i call it "the no more free pass plan" extend the season by a week eliminate the district tournaments all they do is ware teams out take regular season district champs hold a section double-elimination tourny on one weekend

example: friday bradley co vs tullahoma

riverdale vs soddy-daisy

saturday loser 1 vs loser 2

winner 1 vs winner 2

winner 3 vs loser 4

sunday title game

you get point the next weekend you do the same thing in the state tourny less venues less travel lower costs means more $$$$ for tssaa OH YEAH AND NO MORE FREE PASSES!!!!!!

825683486[/snapback]

cut out district tournaments??