Halls vs Overton

sideburnz1

No i understand what you are saying but the other guy said they shouldnt have put Cooper in at the end of the Overton game.

825681941[/snapback]

I didnt read that.....Cooper should have been put on the mound. Save some kind of pitching you do not want to pitch a possible starter for the next game. Yes Collierville will through their ace. They have been saving him just for Halls. Thats why they lost to Overton. Collierville is a must better team then Overton.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You have got to do whatever to win this game.  You win you live another day you lose season is over.  You have to throw who ever will keep this tough hitting off balance. Jeff should ask for the ball.  I understand his arm is hurting but you are in state grow a set and throw.

825681937[/snapback]

Thanks for understanding my comments about Lockwood asking for the ball. If he only pitches a little over an inning in the state tournament that tells me something about whats inside. He has to want the ball. This is there best chance for a state title and if they can sneak past Collierville who knows what could happen late in the tournament when everyones pitching wears thin. I would not throw a freshman until there is no other choice. Lockwood needs to start then Willie and then at that point you do what you must. I would have to say though if it gets by those two then Halls is probably already in big trouble and it won't matter who they put out there.

I didnt read that.....Cooper should have been put on the mound.  Save some kind of pitching you do not want to pitch  a possible starter for the next game.  Yes Collierville will through their ace.  They have been saving him just for Halls.  Thats why they lost to Overton.  Collierville is a must better team then Overton.

825681945[/snapback]

Let's clear this up for the last time. I understand putting Cooper in against Overton. Iwas talking about Collierville. Read the post I was responding to. We were talking about who should pitch the Collierville game. It did not matter who he put in against Overton it was out of hand at that point.

Hey Halls fans,

Let me get this right, Lockwoods arm is a hurtin? Didn't he pitch last Friday against D-B. Today is Wednesday, he is pitching on 5 days rest. Now don't be thinking I'm bashing, but I agree with an earlier post, grow some (you know what) and PITCH.

Sounds like Lockwood might be making an excuse for getting shelled.

:o

Let's clear this up for the last time. I understand putting Cooper in against Overton. Iwas talking about Collierville. Read the post I was responding to. We were talking about who should pitch the Collierville game. It did not matter who he put in against Overton it was out of hand at that point.

825681958[/snapback]

He will pitch Willie. Larson and Phibbs are both done. You got to win this game so he WILL throw Willie.

Thanks for understanding my comments about Lockwood asking for the ball. If he only pitches a little over an inning in the state tournament that tells me something about whats inside. He has to want the ball. This is there best chance for a state title and if they can sneak past Collierville who knows what could happen late in the tournament when everyones pitching wears thin. I would not throw a freshman until there is no other choice. Lockwood needs to start then Willie and then at that point you do what you must. I would have to say though if it gets by those two then Halls is probably already in big trouble and it won't matter who they put out there.

825681955[/snapback]

Ya Lockwood needs to pitch and should have the want to pitch. If they get by Collierville they will play Overton again according to the bracket.

I understand needing Lockwood, but if his arm is really hurting you have to consider his health.

One unfortunate thing about this time of year is that there are a lot of sore arms.

If Halls can plate some runs they can take some pressure off the pitching.

Hey Halls fans,

Let me get this right, Lockwoods arm is a hurtin?  Didn't he pitch last Friday against D-B.  Today is Wednesday, he is pitching on 5 days rest.  Now don't be thinking I'm bashing, but I agree with an earlier  post, grow some (you know what) and PITCH.

Sounds like Lockwood might be making an excuse for getting shelled.

:o

825681960[/snapback]

I dont think he is making an excuse........it hurts like heck to throw with a hurt arm trust me I did it for 2 years and had surgery my junior year. That might be why he hung his curveballs and had no volocity on the fastball. Thus getting shelled

I saw in the Farragut-Houston thread that Halls lost to Collierville.

Is that right?

If so, Halls is done.

Injuries can make great teams - good teams, good teams - average teams. If Lockwood couldn't go, and Phibbs was already burned, then there was a lot of pressure on a staff that - on paper - was one of the best in the state.

I saw in the Farragut-Houston thread that Halls lost to Collierville. 

Is that right?

If so, Halls is done.

Injuries can make great teams - good teams, good teams - average teams.  If Lockwood couldn't go, and Phibbs was already burned, then there was a lot of pressure on a staff that - on paper - was one of the best in the state.

825681966[/snapback]

Halls is pitching Zach Lawson it looks like I was wrong

Halls is pitching Zach Lawson it looks like I was wrong

825681967[/snapback]

Halls did lose earlier to Collierville. Halls did not pitch anyone special. But it looks like the same situation might errupt. They need Zach Lawson to keep the ball down and keep curve balls and changeups away to keep the ball on the ground. That is the only way Halls can win