CBHS vs Father Ryan State Final

brothersbball

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few questions, I have read in the paper the past few games that Gallagher has had assists off of throw-ins and free-kicks, if it was that well advertised, and with CBHS coach having film from one of the kicks, how did they let him find what constantly seems to be his target Rodrigues?

When do all state teams come out?

Today Gallagher had another one of his throw in assists, but not to Rodriguez this time. The throw was absolutely amazing. The ball came in low and fast so it pretty much just went straight into the mix of a bunch of players and Carroll put it in. It didn't really seem like there was anything CBHS could have done about it. You should have been there to see it. Getting a throw-in in the defending team's last 15 yards of the field is pretty much the same as Father Ryan getting a corner kick, but better really. It was a good game, definitely worth driving 7 hours to memphis in back. Good job to both teams and good luck next year!

I heard that Gallagher and the CBHS fans were getting into it a little bit when he would go throw the ball in. Any info to back this up if you were either in the stands or on the field? What was said or any gestures?

825684612[/snapback]

I'm so glad you asked! To start off, let me just sya that Mike Gallagher derserves all the recognition that he is receiving. Since entering Ryan he has beenon a mission. It was his goal to win a state championship ring.(Side Note: Gallagher's older brother, who also as a junior, was a member of Ryan's 98 Championship Team). When the regular season ended he became a man darn near possessed! His play in region and state has been exemplary. He should garner all-states honors for his exploits.

With that being said, I'll give you my version of events. I was sitting behind and very near this group of CBHS student fans. This particular group on "students" sat to the right of mid-field on the first row. These "AMOEBAS" were the most OBNOXIOUS, ARROGANT, REPUGNANT fans I've ever seen or heard. With CBHS being the all "BOY" school that it is they brought along with them a group of young "GIRLS". (To refer to them as young ladies would be an oxymoron). I'll explain later.

This collection of misfits were on the Ryan players all day long. At first,I thought that the "Jerks-R- Us" convention was also in town that weekend. They never let up! Gallagher fed off it! All he did was just SMILE at the low lives. You just new that the throw was going to do something. I commented to my friend, "watch this"....It was spectacular!! After amking the assist Gallagher looked over at the them and SMILED again. Then ever so slightly waving his index back and forth very very carefully. He was being careful not to be accused of taunting them. It was beautiful! They became incensed!

Unfortunately it did not end there. After the game as the Ryan team was walking across the field to receive the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY" this group starts booing them! Several of the "GIRLS" with their limited use of the English vocabulary started shouting and I quote, "you stink" and my personal favorite "GO HOME". What concern me is, these girls, are the future mothers of American. I can only image the type of little monsters they're going to raise! CBHS should be ashamed of this type of school representation. I was very proud of the Ryan Team because all they did was smile and make the We're No.1 gesture.

I'll tell you this much. I hope that the state soccer championship trophies stay out of the Memphis area for many years to come! One last thing I would like to share. I overheard another CBHS fan state, "That Ryan did not belong on the same playing field with the Brothers"........Can you believe it! CBHS by far had the more highly skilled players, but the difference is they didn't play as a TEAM. Ryan is a team NOT a collection of individuals. Remember, TEAM, TEAM, TEAM! Irish eyes were smiling that day!

I heard that Gallagher and the CBHS fans were getting into it a little bit when he would go throw the ball in. Any info to back this up if you were either in the stands or on the field? What was said or any gestures?

825684612[/snapback]

yaya48, I do have a correction to my post. The you ladies did not use the word "STINK', but rather the other "S" word. Trying to keep it clean.

Thanks FairBall, glad to hear that the Ryan players didn't let the crowd upset them, and just fed off of it. As opposed to what I heard about their game with BGA earlier this year with players making the wrong we're #1 gestures to the crowd.