Hendersonville VS. Brentwood

mm61904

Congratulations to Hendersonville on a fine season. 

Tonight's loss does not diminish the fantastic ride you've had and you have nothing to be ashamed of.

825683977[/snapback]

Ranked #1 in the state and #9 nationally.

Playing the state championship game one man down and losing in PKs after two 10-min. overtimes and two 5-min. sudden deaths....

Definitely not shabby!

Definitely THE team!

No other team in the state had a season that great. thumb

Hats off to the 2005 Commandos and here's to a great team in 2006.

GO COMMANDOS!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranked #1 in the state and #9 nationally.

Playing the state championship game one man down and losing in PKs after two 10-min. overtimes and two 5-min. sudden deaths....

Definitely not shabby!

Definitely THE team!

No other team in the state had a season that great.  thumb

Hats off to the 2005 Commandos and here's to a great team in 2006.

GO COMMANDOS!!!

825684006[/snapback]

I agree completely with all of that. People say it doesn't matter how good you say H'ville is Brentwood won. But the way I see it is that yes Brentwood won...on PK's and to me thats not a real State Championship. Yes PK's are a part of the game but all that shows is who is lucky enough to make their shots. The unbelievable red card was also along with horrible calls from the ref during most of the game. HHS is still THE team and will continue to be THE team...Good Job Guys FANTASTIC Season...Keep your heads up

Are the only people that gotten on this board been Hendersonville fans? Hendersonville was a good team but brentwood won. Hendersonville was a man down but they pretty much played defense for the rest of the game except for a few times when they got a break and moved it down the field. It makes it alot harder to score when there are 8 men stacked in the box. Brentwood had a few chances they should have put away but they still were in hendersonvilles half the majority of the game. Daniel Kelly is darn good too. Bottom line Brentwood won so brentwood is better.

And Farragut I don't think we have played that bad all season and you still couldn't beat us. The ref only took about 30 seconds not 3 minutes and then made the call. The only reason it even took that long is because he's an idiot and never looked over to his lisenmen waveing his flag. We just scored late and won. You guys were good but not as good as you think you are.

hhs isnt the team anymore. apparently nobody from hendersonville or anywhere else in the state of tennessee got the memo that brentwood won the state tournament. I dont care if it did go into pk's, a win is a win no matter how you look at it. And this time, brentwoods win happen to be in the state final, against a nationally ranked team, with probably the best player in the state. They could beat us without kelly, but they couldn't with him? come on brentwood needs to get a little respect for the things they have accomplished. both teams played very well, but the team that wanted it the most came out with the win, and that team was brentwood.

I, for one, am very proud of both Brentwood AND Hendersonville for representing Middle TN as the first two Mid State teams to meet in the finals - EVER! Now the trophy lives in Middle Tennessee. Let's keep it up.

Notes on the game:

I think the red card was a bit extreme, it should have been a yellow but I do not think it affected Hendersonville's ability to play or gave Brentwood a big advantage. Hendersonville just brought another man back as they were forced to play defense a little more than they are used to. They still had plenty of offensive drives and chances to score. The box score says HV had 23 shots to BWs 17. I don't think that is right because the scoreboard showed Brentwood with 12 shots to 6 just in the second half. I don't think HV had more shots in the first half either but I may be wrong. Someone said earlier that there is no way Brewntwood could have won without a one man advantage, but, Brentwood scored first with everyone at full strength and had a total of 3 straight up goals that were not the result of cards, questionable calls or anything anyone could claim was controversial. Hendersonville was awarded a PK in regulation (which we could cry was questionable, but we won't) and they scored. Tyler Olgilvie (Brentwood) had a shot in the first half that hit the upper post and most likely bounced behind the line but the ref(s) were not in position to see conclusively. We could claim we were ripped off, but we won't. Take the refs away and the score could have been 4-2 in Brentwood's favor. But that is speculation, just as Farragut is speculating that they would have won if it were not for that blasted referee. That kind of stuff is just silly. Whether you agree with me or not, that's soccer and you can't change it. And, we will never know for certain how the game MIGHT have turned out. We only know with certainty how the game DID turn out. I must say that this was the most exciting, incredible, dramatic, and best soccer game I have EVER seen in the 10-12 years I have been watching. Both goalies did an awesome job in the PKs, both blocking two shots. Fortunately for us, Hendersonville missed their first shot. We didn't miss our last. Result - STATE CHAMPIONS. Nobody can diminish that, no matter how hard they try!

Edited by bhs007

There is no question that Kelly is a valuable and respected member of the Hendersonville team, but a look at the stats shows that Hendersonville is a team not dependent upon any one player. Hendersonville beat Brentwood in regular season while Kelly was away playing with the U-17 national team in Ireland. One of the most telling stats of the state tournament was the number of Hendersonville goals made by different players. They're losing some key players next season - Bolick, Seeley and Ferreira .... possibly Kelly. But the team will remain strong. Look for them at state again in '06.

825684001[/snapback]

Hendersonville wouldn't have been in the final if it were not for Kelly. It would have been Bearden vs. Brentwood.

Edited by bhs007

I, for one, am very proud of both Brentwood AND Hendersonville for representing Middle TN as the first two Mid State teams to meet in the finals - EVER! Now the trophy lives in Middle Tennessee. Let's keep it up.

Notes on the game:

I think the red card was a bit extreme, it should have been a yellow but I do not think it affected Hendersonville's ability to play or gave Brentwood a big advantage. Hendersonville just brought another man back as they were forced to play defense a little more than they are used to. They still had plenty of offensive drives and chances to score. The box score says HV had 23 shots to BWs 17. I don't think that is right because the scoreboard showed Brentwood with 12 shots to 6 just in the second half. I don't think HV had more shots in the first half either but I may be wrong. Someone said earlier that there is no way Brewntwood could have won without a one man advantage, but, Brentwood scored first with everyone at full strength and had a total of 3 straight up goals that were not the result of cards, questionable calls or anything anyone could claim was controversial. Hendersonville was awarded a PK in regulation (which we could cry was questionable, but we won't) and they scored. Tyler Olgilvie (Brentwood) had a shot in the first half that hit the upper post and most likely bounced behind the line but the ref(s) were not in position to see conclusively. We could claim we were ripped off, but we won't. Take the refs away and the score could have been 4-2 in Brentwood's favor. But that is speculation, just as Farragut is speculating that they would have won if it were not for that blasted referee. That kind of stuff is just silly. Whether you agree with me or not, that's soccer and you can't change it. And, we will never know for certain how the game MIGHT have turned out. We only know with certainty how the game DID turn out. I must say that this was the most exciting, incredible, dramatic, and best soccer game I have EVER seen in the 10-12 years I have been watching. Both goalies did an awesome job in the PKs, both blocking two shots. Fortunately for us, Hendersonville missed their first shot. We didn't miss our last. Result - STATE CHAMPIONS. Nobody can diminish that, no matter how hard they try!

Thank you, 007, for the respectful overview. Every story and every game has two sides of view. The truth usually falls somewhere in the middle. Some of you posters clearly have never gotten a grasp on the term "sportsmanship."

Every team gets breaks, every team has the breaks go against them. Every sport has its share of "would'ves", "could'ves," and "should'ves." Every sport that has referees that control the action, is open to judgement calls. That's what goes on-and if you can't deal with it, I feel sorry that your athletic career has come to this point. The bottom line is the score is the final arbitrator of everything.

Hendersonville, Farragut, Blackman, all of them were worthy opponents that brought out the best in Brentwood. Brentwood proved to be the best in those matches. Don't think for a second that everything went Brentwood's way or the refs were "for Brentwood." Trust me, they don't care. Our side would gladly dredge up enough anecdotal references of "bias" in other sports if you want to try and make a point!

Bottom line, the trophy reads Brentwood High School. Honor the victors, respect the challengers. And get over your pettiness and petulance. It should be beneath your dignity as an athlete.

who got the medals the trophy and the rings brentwood did so they are better. It does not matter what u say brentwood won and that is that. The shot count was 30 to 11 that should tell you something. when your a man down the defence does not change the style in which you play defence. The farrgut game was no fluke brentwood won that game and so they are the better team. so screw all of u who ever doubted the brentwood team they came out on top and proved you all wrong. the 2005 state champs are brentwood and always will be brentwood

we be state champs and ya'll came in second place but if it makes u feel better, you are the first losers.