Class AAA

timbdp

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Chattanooga matches may not be as predictable as in the past in AAA. Who to watch will be easy to see but who will win is another thing??

D5

Bradley

Cleveland

Walker Valley

-All I know is Bradley was vocal last year

D6

1. Red Bank

2. Ooltewah

3. Soddy Daisy

Good to see Coach Thurman strong again. Emily Lawson and Bailee Chastain are bonafide gamers, Erin and others are solid, can their all-around abilities keep Ooltewah from using their size advantage??

Ooltewah will be big and powerful, can their passing and defense support it? Hopefully the young studs and sophomore setter get on the court. If so the RB/Owl matches will be VERY good matches to see!

This Soddy Daisy batch has been bizarrely unemotional ..new coach ..I have no idea what to think, but wish them well.

Good luck to all.

• 2 weeks later...

Bradley Central could be the dark horse this year. Bradley has a talented squad that is fully loaded this year. They should be able to give Ooltewah and red bank a run for the money. Cleveland is in a shake up this year by adding a new head coach. They lost alot last year. Walker valley the new kids on the block is rebuilding. they will be okay but will take a few lumps. The rest of the league will be a cat and mouse game with Cumberland, McMinn, and Rhea. Bradley should be the dominate force if they play together.

Bradley should be the dominate force if they play together.

825689805[/snapback]

I wish you good luck at Bradley. But, if you couldn't beat RB last yr when they were injured how do you figure you should be dominant over them this yr? They have 3 key players who traveled/trained/competed in the offseason including the probable best all-around player in the area (Lawson) and maybe 3rd or 4th best all-around too (Chastain), both in the ball control positions. 'Just not seeing "should be dominant" in that scenerio.

Ooltewah will be a very different team, but they play 3 times as many "real" matches as you do. And, some of their younger key players who will now start have more higher level experience than your returners. And, dominating Christy Cotter is a smarter/bigger blocker than your hitters and smarter/bigger hitter than your blockers. 'Just not seeing "should be dominant" in that scenerio.

Things are different in VB now, Greatwhite. It used to be that a team of seniors who "play together" could be counted on to compete. But now that so many tms have so many players who have so much more experience ...it's different. I really am pulling for you, but a tm can't expect to compete till they play as tough a schedule as their competition and/or get more girls playing Power level Jr. Olympics. Things are different now.

But, after saying all that, I too expect you to win some big games ..'just not seeing probable dominance. :lol: Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
Bradley Central could be the dark horse this year. Bradley has a talented squad that is fully loaded this year. They should be able to give Ooltewah and red bank a run for the money. Cleveland is in a shake up this year by adding a new head coach. They lost alot last year. Walker valley the new kids on the block is rebuilding. they will be okay but will take a few lumps. The rest of the league will be a cat and mouse game with Cumberland, McMinn, and Rhea. Bradley should be the dominate force if they play together.

825689805[/snapback]

DOES THIS NEW CLEVELAND COACH HAVE A CLUE WHAT SHE IS DOING?? DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HER. ANYONE GOT AN OPINION???

I wish you good luck at Bradley.  But, if you couldn't beat RB last yr when they were injured how do you figure you should be dominant over them this yr?  They have 3 key players who traveled/trained/competed in the offseason including the probable best all-around player in the area (Lawson) and maybe 3rd or 4th best all-around too (Chastain), both in the ball control positions.  'Just not seeing "should be dominant" in that scenerio.

Ooltewah will be a very different team, but they play 3 times as many "real" matches as you do.  And, some of their younger key players who will now start have more higher level experience than your returners.  And, dominating Christy Cotter is a smarter/bigger blocker than your hitters and smarter/bigger hitter than your blockers.  'Just not seeing "should be dominant" in that scenerio.

Things are different in VB now, Greatwhite.  It used to be that a team of seniors who "play together" could be counted on to compete.  But now that so many tms have so many players who have so much more experience ...it's different.  I really am pulling for you, but a tm can't expect to compete till they play as tough a schedule as their competition and/or get more girls playing Power level Jr. Olympics.  Things are different now. 

But, after saying all that, I too expect you to win some big games ..'just not seeing probable dominance.  :angry:  Have fun!

825689854[/snapback]

Your view of Lawson of RB as the probable best all around player in area is interesting. Everyone else I have talked to including college coaches have said to me that Brock of E.R. is the best around player. It will be interesting when their teams meet to see how they match up.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish you good luck at Bradley. But, if you couldn't beat RB last yr when they were injured how do you figure you should be dominant over them this yr? They have 3 key players who traveled/trained/competed in the offseason including the probable best all-around player in the area (Lawson) and maybe 3rd or 4th best all-around too (Chastain), both in the ball control positions. 'Just not seeing "should be dominant" in that scenerio.

If you will remember correctly it was Bradley who beat Red Bank in the Region Tournament to get to go to sub-state. Both teams should be very talented again this year and could possibly meet for the Region championship.

GO BEARETTES!!

Heck yea lets go Bearettes go kick some booty lol

GO BRADLEY!!!!!!!!!!!

825698547[/snapback]

I agree with the earlier comments, I really hope you do well, but it will be very difficult for you to dominate. You were completly out matched in the SubState last year by Siegel, and they were all Soph and juniors, they had zero upperclassman.

Ootewah's JV could have beaten you last year, and that is nothing to be ashamed of. It was great to see your success last year making it to a Sub State is so hard to do. Untill your girl's play as much as the OHS, ERHS etc. It will be really difficult for you to have consistant success.

Your girls and coaches last year seemed to have class and really wanted it, good luck.

Announcements