whats happening in huntingdon

blue50

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lost alot from coaches to players. We'll see what the effects were game one and two. We've got two of the best rb's in the state on this team so whoever takes over in that dept. should have a pretty good starting point.Camdens biggest problem will be mentally. They are probably as good as us but they don't think they can beat us.

825686977[/snapback]

Agreed turbo....that is Camden's biggest problem that I hope they can overcome this season...we have had the talent but the mental game has killed us when it has come to playing against the mustangs....good luck this year and I'm sure Mansfield will have things up to par come Aug! thumb

I hear the backfield in H-town is even faster than last year. With all the misdirection the Wing-T brings to the game, it should be a lot of fun on Friday nights this fall. Anybody else hearing anything? They have had a couple of team meetings already. thumb

Yea those Mustangs should be even better than last years team. I know that Boo and Chris left out today to go to "THE HILL" in Knoxville for Camp with Tennessee coaches and NFL players. They should return on Saturday. Both are faster than last year BOO is running in the lower 4.4's and Chris is Running in the higher 4.4's.

Boo has gained about 20+ lbs. and Chris is a mammoth and still growing.

The team as a whole is bigger and is putting in alot of work this off season and getting ready for week 1 against Camden.

Rumor mill has it that Keagan Ball is Playing for Mckenzie now and has started summer workouts with them. Let's all wish Keagan the best of luck and much success if that rumor is true.

Everything is still in place and looking great for those Stangs. Coach Mansfield will have those boys ready come game time.

Lets all get ready for the best season of the year!

GO STANGS!!!!

Just to lay the rumors to rest, yes the ktrain is officially a rebel. This has more than a few people scratching heads, but he knows that the business end of football doesn't start in college , but instead in high school. You can't blame a kid for wanting to go to college, not just for football, but instead for a ticket to a better education. This was not going to come about stuck on the defensive line at 195 lbs. I have heard more than a few people say that he is one of the best blocking fullbacks that they have seen in high school. That's a fullbacks job and it's what he loved to do( i have more than enough game film to prove it). The fullback should never have as many or more carries than your halfback. This kid does have his head on straight and realizes that if something more comes from football than a higher education, then it's just a fringe benefit. He has been told time after time that when he feels like giving up on football, that's just another challenge that the LORD has thrown his way and it will only make him a better player and person,and that all the hard work put in will pay off. So I truly hope that he would recieve only good wishes because this wasn't an easy decision for him and he will miss everyone. Good luck to you guys in Mustang country and We hope there are no hard feelings because we still have a future mustang and fillie here. To everyone who has supported him through this, Thanks!

Just to lay the rumors to rest, yes the ktrain is officially a rebel. This has more than a few people scratching heads, but he knows that the business end of football doesn't start in college , but instead in high school. You can't blame a kid for wanting to go to college, not just for football, but instead for a ticket to a better education. This was not going to come about stuck on the defensive line at 195 lbs. I have heard more than a few people say that he is one of the best blocking fullbacks that they have seen in high school. That's a fullbacks job and it's what he loved to do( i have more than enough game film to prove it). The fullback should never have as many or more carries than your halfback. This kid does have his head on straight and realizes that if something more comes from football than a higher education, then it's just a fringe benefit. He has been told time after time that when he feels like giving up on football, that's just another challenge that the LORD has thrown his way and it will only make him a better player and person,and that all the hard work put in will pay off. So I truly hope that he would recieve only good wishes because this wasn't an easy decision for him and he will miss everyone. Good luck to you guys in Mustang country and We hope there are no hard feelings because we still have a future mustang and fillie here. To everyone who has supported him through this, Thanks!

825690629[/snapback]

Wow, I didn't realize this had happened! Thats a huge blow to a team short on lineman already. Huntingdon always likes to play quicker lineman on the d-line so I can see their thinking there plus keegan would knock your block off. On the offensive side of the ball he obviousy wasn't going to replace donald so his choices were limited there i'm sure. In Huntingdons style offense the fb is the pivot man so I disagree with you there. I really hate to hear this, he was fun to watch and really represented mustang football the way it is supposed to be played, full speed and knocking heads! What did coach mansfield say and what are mckenzies plans for keegan? I'm sure they were tickled pink to get him. But why Mckenzie of all teams? <_<

I don't understand giving up being a Mustang. No problem here from me playing for McKenzie at all but not forever being a Mustang. I really don't think Keegan will carry the ball for the Rebels. Why? If they didn't give it to Cody Cook then I don't think Keegan will get to run it much either. I wish him the best though. I hope he doesn't end up like the Davis brothers who went to Bruceton and gave up a championship and everyone forgot them. I don't think it would be as much fun for Keegan playing Gleason and South Fulton as it would playing Milan and USJ. The Mustangs are loaded. I went to practice and they are working as hard as I've seen them in a long time. Chris, Boo, Crocker and Matt "Stormy" Weathers, Boo's cousin are already in sync. The Wing-T is still in effect with several new looks from Coach Wambles. Getting closer Pigskin Pals.... A.K.A. Blue Eyes.... <_<

Keagen will get the carries at McKenzie. He is the perfect fit into the offense. He is a guy that will run inside the tackles and get the short yards, and allow the play action game to work for Drew. It should be fun watching them two in the same backfield. Their were many reasons Cook did not get the carries everybody thought he should have gotten. If you saw him pratice you would understand why. The Rebels are glad to have Keagan and wishes the best of luck to the Mustangs. Should be a great game come week 5

Edited by ironman12

Keagen will get the carries at McKenzie. He is the perfect fit into the offense. He is a guy that will run inside the tackles and get the short yards, and allow the play action game to work for Drew. It should be fun watching them two in the same backfield. Their were many reasons Cook did not get the carries everybody thought he should have gotten. If you saw him pratice you would understand why. The Rebels are glad to have Keagan and wishes the best of luck to the Mustangs. Should be a great game come week 5

825690729[/snapback]

I don't think it will a "great game" in week 5. Last year they played as good as anyone against us but I don't see it happening this year. We'll have to wait though. That's why they play.

825690629[/snapback]

Im sorry, I dont understand this either. First of all, it would be hard for anyone to replace donald at fullback. This is no disgrace. Most teams would just say, ok, he is the second string fullback and let it go at that. But having the coaching staff that huntingdon has, they realized the good hard nose hustler that Keegan is and chose now to waste him. Who cares about the size of a defensive tackle as long as he is effective. This is just another blow to the respect of the men in the trenches. Pull these men out of the picture and see what kind of success all of the running backs have. Even the best ones would have a very hard time. As far as this hurting the success of the Mustangs, it wont happen. We have players that can step in and get the job done. I dont mean this as any disrespect for Keegan. I have watched him since pee wee football and have alot of respect for him, but i am going to bet that mckenzie will not show him anywher near the respect he got at huntingdon. And as for a good game in week 5, I have seen both teams and i cant see it being a very good game.

Well, I for one hate to see the Ktrain leave H-town. It is a big loss for the Stangs. He was definitely an asset to both the offense and defence. This could really hurt the teams overall depth, you never know when the injury bug is going to hit. His best position on defense was LB, just my opinion, be he definitely had the quickness and toughness to be an awesome LB. Tough to shed blocks at his size on the D-Line. He well do well at Mckenzie and with them dropping down to 1A this year they make some real noise in the playoffs. Remember, with USJ moving up to 2A who is going to really challenge them in West Tn? Anyway, good luck Keagan, you play the game the way it should be played. Take care. GO STANGS! <_<

I don't understand giving up being a Mustang.  No problem here from me playing for McKenzie at all but not forever being a Mustang. I really don't think Keegan will carry the ball for the Rebels.  Why?  If they didn't give it to Cody Cook then I don't think Keegan will get to run it much either.  I wish him the best though.  I hope he doesn't end up like the Davis brothers who went to Bruceton and gave up a championship and everyone forgot them.  I don't think it would be as much fun for Keegan playing Gleason and South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> as it would playing Milan and USJ.  The Mustangs are loaded.  I went to practice and they are working as hard as I've seen them in a long time.  Chris, Boo, Crocker and Matt "Stormy" Weathers, Boo's cousin are already in sync.  The Wing-T is still in effect with several new looks from Coach Wambles.  Getting closer Pigskin Pals.... A.K.A. Blue Eyes....  <_<

825690725[/snapback]

Whether Ball's job at McKenzie is running the ball or blocking, his talents will be be noticed by college coaches. McKenzie has had great success in placing their players on college teams. According to their game program, they have put 13 players on college teams since 2001. Though last year's team posted a losing record, three of their players have signed to play in college---one at the D-1 level. I don't know what prompted Mr. Ball to make his decision to leave Huntingdon, but I wish him luck at the high school and college level.

I feel confident that someone will step up to take Mr. Ball's place, and the Mustangs will continue their quest for another state championship.