Top Players in the Chattanooga Area

bigin52

Just a question: has there been any players from Baylor or McCallie recruited by an SEC team? Again, just a question.

825690040[/snapback]

Just recently off of the top of my head:

McCallie:

Jason Hall - UT

Ryan Moore - ended up playing baseball

Okpukwurk? - Duke

Baylor:

Willie Idelette - Wake Forest

Jaques Mclendon - UT

Other guys that have been recruited:

McCallie:

Penn Garvich - Furman

Lee Hilt - Liberty?

Keppy Baucum - Gardner Webb

Baylor:

David Knox - Yale

Courtney Braswell - Liberty

Jake Simmons - Wofford

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To sergeantowl22, old moc and the rest of yall,

I just talked to the Temple coaches, and here are the facts. Two SEC schools have been on campus. Caleb Skogen was offered a spot on the Kentucky team for this year, coach Brooks said they would red-shirt him, put 15-20 pounds on him and by what he saw on tape in both BB and FB said Caleb would compete for a starting position as a red-shirt freshmen. Caleb turned it down, because he would have to wait one year for a scholarship and his real love is BB.

Smithson is being looked at by Vandy, Kentucky, Eastern Carolina and others. He is on Vandy's and Kentucky's "hot list". He is the real deal, period.

Seth Skogen has already drawn attention from Alabama, Coach Shula spoke to coach Beard about Seth, Kentucky, Vandy and a number of schools in UTC's division.

Josh Smith is also being looked at by a number of schools and will play on Saturday's somewhere.

Playing McCallie?? McCallie has 800 boys in the school, Temple 55. It is not that Temple doesn't have talented kids which is obvious from what I have written. They don't have enough talent. The question is not one of quality it is one of quantity. IF Temple ever gets to the point where they have 70 kids out for FB, like Boyd, then maybe it will change. Remember, the program is two years old, but there have been and are some real studs in it.

IN BB Temple plays anyone and everyone...they may not win, but they duck nobody, Brainard, Ooltewah, Bradley Central, East Ridge name them, Temple plays them. But you can't expect FB to be at that level in just two years.

Sr35 is right on many points.

If Smithson has a good year at Temple -- I believe he will play on Saturdays at a major college. Plus, the thing you have to remember about Josh Smith and Seth Skogen is that they are only going to be Juniors this coming year and colleges are already looking at them as prospective players for their teams. So, it ought to be interesting to see how things go for these guys the next couple of years in football. Of course, these fellas are pretty good basketball players too, so if football doesn't work out there's always b-ball at the next level.

And just think, Smithson (who could be a Mr. Basketball candidate) isn't even going to play basketball for Temple next season so he can focus on his football career. We're going to miss his behind the back, off the backboard slams this coming year but I guess we'll sacrifice the loss in order for him to play football on Saturdays.

cb_1_b.JPG

Sr35 is right on many points.

If Smithson has a good year at Temple -- I believe he will play on Saturdays at a major college. Plus, the thing you have to remember about Josh Smith and Seth Skogen is that they are only going to be Juniors this coming year and colleges are already looking at them as prospective players for their teams. So, it ought to be interesting to see how things go for these guys the next couple of years in football. Of course, these fellas are pretty good basketball players too, so if football doesn't work out there's always b-ball at the next level.

And just think, Smithson (who could be a Mr. Basketball candidate) isn't even going to play basketball for Temple next season so he can focus on his football career. We're going to miss his behind the back, off the backboard slams this coming year but I guess we'll sacrifice the loss in order for him to play football on Saturdays.

cb_1_b.JPG

825691551[/snapback]

The bball team will do just fine, I watched em today , there still gonna be goin for the gold ball.

To answer Tenallstates ? : Nobody. If us as a team were in better shape last year we would have won both games we lost. Thats what were gonna focus on over the summer is getting into shape before the season starts, so we dont lose any games bc were out of shape.

The Ooltewah team as a whole. This team is full of star athletes and if you don’t believe me come visit the Nest and experience this phenomenon first hand.

From the Oline to the Dline the Back Field and beyond this team has the talent to probably be the best team ever to come out of Chattanooga.

825691318[/snapback]

[/quote

SergeantOwl,You are right all across the board about Ooltewah...Every player on the team knows exactly what most in chattanooga should know.....I am not from ooltewah nor did I attend there ever...But I did see their loaded junior team last year and anything less than a state title game would almost be an underachievement for this team..I know that these guys shouldn't be put under this kind of pressure but when you are as loaded with talent as this team is its hard not to think and believe this way about them....I myself am a Soddy fan,but its hard not to speak the truth when you know the capabilities of the Ooltewah Owls...I think only 3 teams stand in their way..Which are Oak Ridge,Riverdale,and ofcourse I have to add Soddy cause when SD and OHS play each other you have to throw the record book out the window because its always a fight to the finish between these two teams.....

Ok i am starting to get sick of hearing about ooletwah and how good they are i am go out on a limb and say they are gonna lose there very first game with cookeville and then Chattanooga Central will beat them Farragut will beat them oak ridge and Soddy will beat them and they will go 5-5 go to the playoffs and then lose to Dobyns Bennet in the 1st round. oh and the next few years wont be any better for the Owls with other 5a teams getting alot better. ( Mcminn, Bradley, Willam blount ect ect. with all that being said the owls will be good just not as good as they think they are.

Ok i am starting to get sick of hearing about ooletwah and how good they are i am go out on a limb and say they are gonna lose there very first game with cookeville and then Chattanooga Central will beat them Farragut will beat them oak ridge and Soddy will beat them and they will  go 5-5 go to the playoffs and then lose to Dobyns Bennet in the 1st round.  oh and the next  few years wont be any better for the Owls with other 5a teams getting alot better.  ( Mcminn, Bradley, Willam blount ect ect. with all that being said the owls will be good just not as good as they think they are.

825694181[/snapback]

Don’t hate us because, we are that good. Ooltewah is over due to be one of the top programs because we have taken our bumps and bruises in the past many more than you guys can imagine or have experienced. We were used for homecoming game for most of the teams in the past which has now changed. Bradley will still have brighter days so hang in there and support your team. The last years Owls beat Red Bank 42 / 26 , McMinn 33 / 0, Central 41 / 28, William Blount 49 / 13, Bradley 41 / 0, Heritage 51 / 15, Soddy Daisy 21 / 17 we lost the last three games due do injuries not to say we would have won but it would have been closer than the score indicates. Oak Ridge 21 / 30, Farragut 7 / 12 on four field goals they had an extremely good kicker and defense, Dobyns Bennett 21 / 14 ranked #1 in the State at the time. The numbers don’t lie, this production came with mostly juniors with the help of only four starting seniors. The future is very bright also with the JV only losing one game and the Freshman class going undefeated and another scary fact for our opponents to fear is that there line is as big or bigger than the up and coming seniors. Ooltewah is starting to reload and not have the years of rebuilding like the past. Bradley Boy you better wake up and smell the coffee because were not going away anytime soon. Cookeville will be a tough opponent granted neither team will lie down and take their licks, it will be a battle to the finish and the team with the most points on the board at the end will come out with the W. This is a huge game to start the season and I would go so far to say the best game of week 0 in the state.

Oh and your Coach Monroe wanted to go to Cleveland but they wanted a guy already im there system and he wanted to go to Bradley but we went down and got the best coach in Georgia. and Central wanted him but didnt have the money but ooletwah did have the money wow doesnt it seem werid that 2 schools in the same school system can and ciant afford the same coach??? and really if you look at it this way Ooletwah was his 4th choice lol.