mid-state and all-state

soccergoalie@gchs

don't you mean nashville area all-star team because if you are not from williamson, davidson or sumner counties you get excluded should have been at least 2 more from blackman 1 from riverdale, tullahoma and cookville i long for the days when it was divided into classes but u guess the guy is to lazy to do that

825687676[/snapback]

Not to imply that the ones on this years team does not deserve to be there, but historically most players on the 1st team midstate team come strictly from teams who made it to state. This year was ther was only one exception. Case in point, there have been players make all-state two years in a row and sign D-1 and not even make 3rd team all midstate. It happens every year. IMO it is because for the most part it is picked by the sports writers ( mainly the Tennessean ). Most of the time they are obviously covering the better teams. As I stated before I am not saying these players did not deserve this honor. Only that as always happens, there are players left out that should not be.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to imply that the ones on this years team does not deserve to be there, but historically most players on the 1st team midstate team come strictly from teams who made it to state. This year was ther was only one exception. Case in point, there have been players make all-state two years in a row and sign D-1 and not even make 3rd team all midstate. It happens every year. IMO it is because for the most part it is picked by the sports writers ( mainly the Tennessean ). Most of the time they are obviously covering the better teams. As I stated before I am not saying these players did not deserve this honor. Only that as always happens, there are players left out that should not be.

825688293[/snapback]

yeah they only cover 3 counties and only 4 players outside those counties got on the team the tennessean did the same thing in fall girls soccer

Here comes my biased views, Corbin Walker deserves to be on there he in my opinion is just as good as boyette, he splits time in travel with kahn from ravenwood who made 3rd team (which is garbage too, hes better than boyette) and then also Chris Rowe deserves credit as well. I was surprised to not see Lazear either. Also, Taylor Smith deserves better than 3rd team. Ogilvie is the right pick for player of the year no disagreeing there and the rest of the first team seems legit. Rodney is a great keeper, but its easy to win when you have the 10 guys in front of you that he does, thats why i think walker deserves some credit

Here comes my biased views, Corbin Walker deserves to be on there he in my opinion is just as good as boyette, he splits time in travel with kahn from ravenwood who made 3rd team (which is garbage too, hes better than boyette) and then also Chris Rowe deserves credit as well. I was surprised to not see Lazear either. Also, Taylor Smith deserves better than 3rd team. Ogilvie is the right pick for player of the year no disagreeing there and the rest of the first team seems legit. Rodney is a great keeper, but its easy to win when you have the 10 guys in front of you that he does, thats why i think walker deserves some credit

825688743[/snapback]

Very well put. There is always good players on bad or average teams that do not get recognized enough. The keeper BA had before Walker was in the same situation. The one I never did understand though was the keeper BGA had (Will walton I think). He was all-state on a good team but never made any of the mid-state teams. :lol::)

Edited by TDJ85