Best teams that never got to face each other

GWAVE1

sorry i didn't know my appoligies thumb

825686232[/snapback]

No prob...you're mostly right...it's a yearly scrimmage, but I think that usually shows who would win. Those kids take it far more seriously than the scrimmage format might suggest.

Whichever wins that scrimmage usually goes on to win their district and region, if not state...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...In 1999 Tyner and Boyd Buch. finished the season at 11-2...Rams losing to eventual 2A champion G'Pasture(21-18) and Boyd B. losing to eventual 1A champion South Pitt (35-21)...these teams had met the previous two years in 1997 and 1998...it could have been an interesting match-up for both schools, fans and communities...the schools have now been paired together in the same Region and finally the awaited re-match been scheduled after a seven-year hiatus!!!

...In 1999 Tyner and Boyd Buch. finished the season at 11-2...Rams losing to eventual 2A champion G'Pasture(21-18) and Boyd B. losing to eventual 1A champion South Pitt (35-21)...these teams had met the previous two years in 1997 and 1998...it could have been an interesting match-up for both schools, fans and communities...the schools have now been paired together in the same Region and finally the awaited re-match been scheduled after a seven-year hiatus!!!

825686601[/snapback]

No I don't remember. Who from DB did not put Riverdale in the top 10? Because everyone I know from there pretty much feels Riverdale is #1 until beaten. Remember, the only resaon DB gets rated #1 is because our local East TN papers vote for local teams. The problem is: Many middle TN papers don't vote and support their local teams. East TN media puts in more votes, yet has fewer papers. Nobodys fault but Mid TN Papers for not caring enough to vote. This is the exact reason you see DB at #1 many times in the regular season. I suggest you try to get more mid TN papers to get involved if you do not like Riverdale not being #1 all year.

Now bud, you know that DB is my favorite 5A team, but if this game goes as I expect, it won't be purty for the wigwamers... :blink:

Still, I'd love to see that game.  I hope it's very close and I'm very wrong. thumb

825687300[/snapback]

In 2002 DB v Riverdale semi-final @ Riverdale, DB lost by 1 score. DB actually dominated the game on offense and defense. The deciding TD was on a punt from DB to Riverdale that a DB player did not properly down, a Riverdale player noticed the ball was not downed picked it up and walked into the endzone while the DB players walked off the field (they thought the play was over). Lamon William had around 175 yards catching as a sophomore and nobody could stop him. DB handed that game to Riverdale on a silver platter. DB also threw about 5 interceprions. I still think DB, if they had not had a freakish bad game would have beaten Riverdale and beaten Brentwood in the Championshp Game. But oh well, everything does not happen the way we would like it to.

In 2002 DB v Riverdale semi-final @ Riverdale, DB lost by 1 score.  DB actually dominated the game on offense and defense.  The deciding TD was on a punt from DB to Riverdale that a DB player did not properly down, a Riverdale player noticed the ball was not downed picked it up and walked into the endzone while the DB players walked off the field (they thought the play was over).  Lamon William had around 175 yards catching as a sophomore and nobody could stop him.  DB handed that game to Riverdale on a silver platter. DB also threw about 5 interceprions. I still think DB, if they had not had a freakish bad game would have beaten Riverdale and beaten Brentwood in the Championshp Game.  But oh well, everything does not happen the way we would like it to.

825687332[/snapback]

I remeber that play what a heads up play by a then sophmore who played an important part of our great defense this past year...Perkins was his name and you are right...DB DOMINATED that game they would move the ball up and down the feild but...could not put the ball in the end zone it was a very good game and i was glad to be in attendence of that game and yes..we was scared to death

In 2002 DB v Riverdale semi-final @ Riverdale, DB lost by 1 score.  DB actually dominated the game on offense and defense.  The deciding TD was on a punt from DB to Riverdale that a DB player did not properly down, a Riverdale player noticed the ball was not downed picked it up and walked into the endzone while the DB players walked off the field (they thought the play was over).  Lamon William had around 175 yards catching as a sophomore and nobody could stop him.  DB handed that game to Riverdale on a silver platter. DB also threw about 5 interceprions. I still think DB, if they had not had a freakish bad game would have beaten Riverdale and beaten Brentwood in the Championshp Game.  But oh well, everything does not happen the way we would like it to.

825687332[/snapback]

The biggest problem DB had in that game was not the freakish punt play. It was their inability to score ANY touchdowns, instead settling for field goals. DB scored three times, but only netted 9 points. Riverdale only scored twice but they were both TDs.

DB absolutely dominated the statistics for the game, and most likely was the better team that night. Williams was outstanding, but could not finish due to Riverdale's speed.

825687332[/snapback]

I remember that game; I was there. DB definitely dominated from 20 to 20 on offense, but once inside the redzone, Riverdale's D stepped up and shut them down every time. So you got to give Riverdale's D just as much credit as you give DB's O.