CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they do still have shane vinson but they also lost most of the line they had and quarterback, in all i think they lost 11 seniors but have about 20 freshmen comin in. Well at least sf jv team may be pretty good lol.

Ironman, don't get me wrong Hayes is a great player but saying he is by far the best may be a stretch. I do believe Last Years region Offensive player of the year Brandon Springer will have something to say about that. He is a better athlete than Hayes as proven by 1,422 yards gained on the ground as a So. Where hayes does it with his arm Springer gets it done on the ground. So Hayes will have to beat out Springer for best QB in his own region before he takes on the entire state. :lol:

Edited by wardawg2038

He made not have led his team to the semis YET but has started every game since his arrival on campus all state last year as a So. and has a great nucleus around him. If the team stays healthy they will give Mckenzie and all the other teams fits. By the way unless that rebel D shapes up Hayes and the offense are going to have to score fifty a game and put up obscene numbers to stay in the game with Lake Co. Union City and Bruceton. If these teams can run the ball at will like the teams did in the spring Hayes touches will be few and far between. Besides in my post I said he is a great player I just question that he is in your words "By far the best player in the region"

Edited by wardawg2038

drew hayes will be ready by the time the season starts...he has great recievers, by the way they have showed it on passing league. Plus, they have aquired another great reciever named rogers ....the rebels will win the region...and dont worry drew will have the best season of his high school career as a senior

Could go either way in the top three between UC, Lake Co. and Mckenzie.. Bruceton could be in the mix because of the Willis kid who comes from a long line of the Willis family as an outstanding tailback. West Carroll maybe on the outside for the final playoff spot, but knocking on the door with an upset possible. Unfortunatley, SF, Greenfield and Gleason don't have the numbers and will be rebuilding at the skill positions :P

Definately, UC and Mckenzie are glad to be playing in the 1A ranks thumb

825687615[/snapback]

The tailback you spoke of Orey Willis graduated last year but his younger brother (if he can stay eligible) will be coming in as FB for Bruceton.. but if he can do as much defensively as Orey did will be the real question...I look for McKenzie and Union City to fight it out with Lake Co in the mix also...Hayes is a great QB probably the best true passer in TN but without his line that was lead by D-1 signee Edwards protecting him and Lacey gone from the WR position will he have someone to throw it to?...Ball should be a big help no matter what position he ends up in.....Union City has a decent sized line this year that if they can come off the ball alittle faster (hint hint) could give Drew fits....should be a very interesting season....Good Luck to the Rebels in your new Region and Class thumb

Edited by tamirrt

the mckenzie lines are coming along nicely....there defense has experience from last years squad...and so is there offensive line...most of the offensive line have played before from last years squad and they have a sophomore center who started last year as a freshman and did great as a freshman. You dont see many freshman offensive lineman start for many schools. i believe there offensive line can compete with any in the region. Drew should be taken care of pretty well.