Best Family combination to come out of your school

ddaddy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the 5 Barnes brothers at Millington.

They sure have provided alot of memories for Millington fans over the last 15 years......

Marvin and Melvin Class of 90 Both Rb's went on to run track at UofM.

Marlon Rb Class of 93 Went on to play football at Colorado and then in NFL

Marcus RB Class of 2001 Currently running track for University of Louisville

Miguel RB Class of 2005 Football at UofM.

I was gonna laud praises on your familie's name ron, but I see you beat me to it  :D

The Walkers, Headricks and Clements come to mind too...funny our big names that went pro didn't have family trees in the system.  :)

825692649[/snapback]

The most famous brother combo from Maryville were Garrard "Buster" Ramsey and Knox Ramsey, both were First Team All-Americans at William and Mary when they were in the Southern Conference (when the Southern Conference was like the SEC (the pre ACC days)) and both played 6 seasons each in the NFL. One went to Maryville and I think the other played at Old Knox High but lived in Maryville.

Shannon Mitchell and Dustin Lindsey from Alcoa.(First cousins)

Shannon-All State in high school, standout TE for the Univ. of Georgia and still holds the GA record for most catches in a game, and played in the NFL, and played in the Super Bowl for the San Diego Chargers.

Dustin-Great running back at Alcoa. Committed to the Univ. of TN. All State and Mr. Football finalist. Tied state record for most touchdowns in one year. Duck has a bright future ahead of him at UT

From Cookeville its definitely Mack and Watson Brown. I dont think there are two bigger names out of all the people that have been listed. Anyone who even remotely follows college football has heard of both Mack and Watson and now they are better than average coaches. Mack is the head football coach at the University of Texas and i am sure he pets Bevo all of the time. :angry: . he is also the 2nd highest paid coach in the nation, behind only his rival, Oklahoma's Bob Stoops. Watson is the head football coach and the University of Alabama-Birmingham. He has had some really good teams over the last couple of years and has contended for the Conference USA championship.

From Cookeville its definitely Mack and Watson Brown.  I dont think there are two bigger names out of all the people that have been listed.  Anyone who even remotely follows college football has heard of both Mack and Watson and now they are better than average coaches.  Mack is the head football coach at the University of Texas and i am sure he pets Bevo all of the time. ;) .  he is also the 2nd highest paid coach in the nation, behind only his rival, Oklahoma's Bob Stoops.  Watson is the head football coach and the University of Alabama-Birmingham.  He has had some really good teams over the last couple of years and has contended for the Conference USA championship.

825695549[/snapback]

After I posted my take on the Browns in Cookeville, I was reminded by my cousin about the Randolph brothers too. Darrell, Mark, and Kyle. Darrell was a terror at tailback, and Mark and Kyle were both outstanding linemen. All 3 played during the '80's.

Watson was also the HC at Vandy in the early '80's too.

• 3 weeks later...
Morristown West

James 'Little Man' and Scottie Stewart

Drew and Wes Southerland

Bob and Ron Howard

825692610[/snapback]

david shokley in the early 70s as a big bruiseing fullback and his son adam, a big bruiseing fullback dureing the 00-03 run. and also bradley james from the 00-04 teams as a deadly kick returner and his dad tommy james, from the late 70s at newport as a deadly kick returner, both sets of father and son were all north east tn with ties from mo-west! thumb

Bullock brothers from hixson

825705960[/snapback]

Does anyone remember the Cofer brothers from the old Rule High in the 80's?

The oldest went to UT then to the Detroit Lions, the one they called Boone went to Clemson then CNC, the youngest went to UT. All very good linebackers.

What about the Mckenzie brothers from AE. Both went to UT, both went pro.

Todd and Brent Collins as mentioned before were the best, the Cagle brothers were another good brother combo, as well as Jarrod and Scooter Houston.

825687703[/snapback]

JC, the Cagle brothers? Did you ever see those guys play? All good guys, but not on this list.

Collins brothers 2 all staters, 2 all americans

Jennings brothers & nephew 3 all staters

Quarles bothers 2 all staters ( I think)

Harrell brothers (both should have been all staters) maybe most "productive" brothers in JCHS history. They WERE the team for a couple of years. Had they been on one great teams, they would have been all americans.