Top Games

yaya48

Thinking back on the season, there were some great games. I am a strong supporter of Mid TN soccer and have been for a long time now and followed most of the top teams in the area. Here is my list of some of the best games I saw this year, what are yours?

Father Ryans: Ryan @ BGA. Ryan was down 3-0 at half and looked more than overrated, but they showed why they won state in the second half coming all the way back to tie 3-3 against a very talented BGA team, watch out for them next year.

Ryan vs. Brentwood: In a game the pinned 2 of the top teams in the state against eachother, this game had both high drama and high class. In one of the cleanest games I saw Ryan play all year they came out on top with one of Gallagher's throw-ins, hence why he is on the all-midstate team.

Ryan vs. McCallie. the Irish again showed they were destined to win it by coming back not once, but twice against a very talented McCallie team after going down a goal with 2 minutes left in the 2nd OT. Plus the game went into pk's, need I say more?

Ryan vs CBHS: Wow this game featured one of the top forwards in the state in Ramsey against the Irish defense. With a back and forth game and Gallagher throwing the ball in again, and from what I hear called his shot, and CBHS answering and the McWatter's penalty kick save that was nothing short of phenomenal.

Brentwood. Now Brentwood has already mad one appearance on the lsing end but this one on the winning side

Brentwood vs Hendersonville(part II): This game went back and forth with Ogilvie proving why he is the player of the year and is probably the best mid-fielder in the state. To add on to his 2 goals, the game went into pk's what a way to end a championship.

Hendersonville:

Hendersonville vs. Parkview (GA)

Don't know too many details on the game except that Daniel Kelly hit one of his volleyed free-kicks, the kid is just phenomenal and that game put TN soccer on the map with some of the best teams in the nation.

Thinking back on the season, there were some great games. I am a strong supporter of Mid TN soccer and have been for a long time now and followed most of the top teams in the area. Here is my list of some of the best games I saw this year, what are yours?

Father Ryans: Ryan @ BGA. Ryan was down 3-0 at half and looked more than overrated, but they showed why they won state in the second half coming all the way back to tie 3-3 against a very talented BGA team, watch out for them next year.

Ryan vs. Brentwood: In a game the pinned 2 of the top teams in the state against eachother, this game had both high drama and high class. In one of the cleanest games I saw Ryan play all year they came out on top with one of Gallagher's throw-ins, hence why he is on the all-midstate team.

Ryan vs. McCallie. the Irish again showed they were destined to win it by coming back not once, but twice against a very talented McCallie team after going down a goal with 2 minutes left in the 2nd OT. Plus the game went into pk's, need I say more?

Ryan vs CBHS: Wow this game featured one of the top forwards in the state in Ramsey against the Irish defense. With a back and forth game and Gallagher throwing the ball in again, and from what I hear called his shot, and CBHS answering and the McWatter's penalty kick save that was nothing short of phenomenal.

Brentwood. Now Brentwood has already mad one appearance on the lsing end but this one on the winning side

Brentwood vs Hendersonville(part II): This game went back and forth with Ogilvie proving why he is the player of the year and is probably the best mid-fielder in the state. To add on to his 2 goals, the game went into pk's what a way to end a championship.

Hendersonville:

Hendersonville vs. Parkview (GA)

Don't know too many details on the game except that Daniel Kelly hit one of his volleyed free-kicks, the kid is just phenomenal and that game put TN soccer on the map with some of the best teams in the nation.

825688025[/snapback]

Great Post! I was at all those Ryan games. I totally agree with your assessment of the Ryan vs. Brentwood game. I would like to add however, that not only was it a high class on the field but also in the stands. I have to commend the Brentwood following for the sportmanship that they exhibited. As a whole they are very knowledgeable soccer fans. I still haven't recovered from the Ryan vs. McCallie semi-final game. I've never experienced anything quite like it! The pressure on the field that night was incredible. In retrospect, the 2005 Ryan team was indeed a special group of players. The team is going to greatly miss the leadership of McWatters, Gaffney, and Rodriques. In addition too, the hard nose play of Sharp, Santos and Luckett. The good news is that Gallagher will be back!

Great Post! I was at all those Ryan games. I totally agree with your assessment of the Ryan vs. Brentwood game. I would like to add however, that not only was it a high class on the field but also in the stands. I have to commend the Brentwood following for the sportmanship that they exhibited. As a whole they  are very knowledgeable soccer fans. I still haven't recovered from the Ryan vs. McCallie semi-final game. I've never experienced anything quite like it! The pressure on the field that night was incredible. In retrospect, the 2005 Ryan team was indeed a special group of players. The team is going to greatly miss the leadership of McWatters, Gaffney, and Rodriques. In addition too, the hard nose play of Sharp, Santos and Luckett. The good news is that Gallagher will be back!

825688174[/snapback]

I forgot to mention Ryan Senior forward, Patrick Carroll, who scored two of the three goals in th championship game. He really came on as this past season.

Great Post! I was at all those Ryan games. I totally agree with your assessment of the Ryan vs. Brentwood game. I would like to add however, that not only was it a high class on the field but also in the stands. I have to commend the Brentwood following for the sportmanship that they exhibited. As a whole they  are very knowledgeable soccer fans. I still haven't recovered from the Ryan vs. McCallie semi-final game. I've never experienced anything quite like it! The pressure on the field that night was incredible. In retrospect, the 2005 Ryan team was indeed a special group of players. The team is going to greatly miss the leadership of McWatters, Gaffney, and Rodriques. In addition too, the hard nose play of Sharp, Santos and Luckett. The good news is that Gallagher will be back!

825688174[/snapback]

Thank you for your nice words about Brentwood fans. I am not sure if we ALWAYS live up to that but I think we try. I have to say that both Hendersonville games and the Ryan game were some of the finest soccer I have seen at the high school level over the last four years. It is really nice when each team has such quality players. Even if you come out on the loosing end, you still know you played a great game and you can go from the field with great respect for the other team. It was no surprise that all those games, including the state championship, were 1 goal games.

The best game i saw all year was Cookeville vs. Tullahoma in the first round of the Regionals. Cookeville went up quickly and had a 2-0 lead at half, but THS came back with two quick 2nd half goals, one was an amazing volley in to the side netting by Osbaldo. But after 3 back and forth overtimes later- one of cookville's many Sophomore sensations named Sisko headed in a golden goal in the 3rd overtime. This sent the players and fans into pandemoniom as CHS upset the undefeated wildcats in Tullahoma. Great game.

The best game i saw all year was Cookeville vs. Tullahoma in the first round of the Regionals.  Cookeville went up quickly and had a 2-0 lead at half, but THS came back with two quick 2nd half goals, one was an amazing volley in to the side netting by Osbaldo.  But after 3 back and forth overtimes later- one of cookville's many Sophomore sensations named Sisko headed in a golden goal in the 3rd overtime.  This sent the players and fans into pandemoniom as CHS upset the undefeated wildcats in Tullahoma.  Great game.

825692318[/snapback]

I agree that was one of the greatest games of the year. Cookeville's sophs come through again!