Top RB's In TN

turf_master_s2s

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Shiverdecker isn't the best RB in the state.  He's a good RB, but not near the best in the state, probably not even top twenty. If a player like Graig Cooper, Dustin Lindsey, Gaston Miller, or Boo Weathers were on teams that handed it to them almost everytime then they'd have 3,000-4,000 yards.

825691111[/snapback]

Interesting post Tom142, because of your statement that Shiverdecker is not a top 20 back in TN I can assume you haven`t seen him play. Now for a sophmore, 1700yds and 20 TD isn`t bad, and he can only get better. As of right now I wouldn`t call Shiverdecker the best RB in the state, but he is one of the best. In case you haven`t noticed, I-formation teams are suppose to run the ball a lot. If Shiverdecker has a half way decent line and any kind of passing threat he will go well over 1700yds and will have a much bigger ypc number (7yds a pop is nothing to look down on BTW)

I just can't see how someone can cheer for a state university that does not recruit its own state. It makes me sick to look at other SEC teams roster filled with players from their own state and then to look at UT's roster. It is sickening. That is nothing but a slap to High school football in the state of Tennessee. That is all that it is.

I really hope Cassen Jackson-Garrison and Jeff Jennings beat UT before they leave. 38-33 last year.

825691036[/snapback]

If the state of Tennesse had more talent, UT would recruit more Tennessee boys. But we got to face it, other states like Fl, GA, AL, LA, all have more overall talent that Tennessee. UT recruits the best so they have to go out of state to get the best.

In fact I've seen him play. Shiverdecker, is good don't get me wrong, and I understand that I-form teams run a lot. Here are 20 backs that are better than him though.

Dustin Lindsey- Alcoa

Craig Cooper- Melrose

Preston Brown- Antioch

Boo Weathers- Huntingdon

Chris Donald- huntingdon

Jocques Crawford- Cordova

Gaston Miller- Riverdale

Cassisus Vaughn- Memphis East

Spencer Gulmire- Oak Ridge

Dwayne Caldwell- Ooltewah

Tyree Ford- Brentwood Academy

Ricky Ladd- White House

Markei Guy- Westview

Tyrone Cobb- Fulton

Jamie Wilkerson- David Lipscomb

Ryan Tallent- Maryville

David Gaston- Central

Brandon Gash- Greeneville

Ok, maybe I can only name 18 that are better, but my point is....If you put any of those RB's in Jeff Co.'s offense they'd have better numbers than Shiverdecker.

In fact I've seen him play.  Shiverdecker, is good don't get me wrong, and I understand that I-form teams run a lot.  Here are 20 backs that are better than him though.

Dustin Lindsey- Alcoa

Craig Cooper- Melrose

Preston Brown- Antioch

Boo Weathers- Huntingdon

Chris Donald- huntingdon

Gaston Miller- Riverdale

Tyree Ford- Brentwood Academy

Ricky Ladd- White House

Markei Guy- Westview

Tyrone Cobb- Fulton

Ryan Tallent- Maryville

David Gaston- Central

Ok, maybe I can only name 18 that are better, but my point is....If you put any of those RB's in Jeff Co.'s offense they'd have better numbers than Shiverdecker.

825691216[/snapback]

I'd love to see Dustin Lindsey in JC's offense.

But they get much better backs statewide.  I would rather have Travis Stephens and Gerald Riggs rather than Cassen Jackson and Jeff Jennings

Also, Shiverdecker isn't the best RB in the state.  He's a good RB, but not near the best in the state, probably not even top twenty.  If a player like Graig Cooper, Dustin Lindsey, Gaston Miller, or Boo Weathers were on teams that handed it to them almost everytime then they'd have 3,000-4,000 yards.

825691111[/snapback]

I really don't see any back in Tennessee no matter how many times they get the ball being close to 4,000 yards....3,000 is pushing it. The only person to gain 3,000 yards in one season was Troy Flemming of BGA a few years ago.

I'd have to put Edward Sawyer from Hendersonville as one of the best. He had about 1,500 yds and averaged about 10 or 11 yards per carry last year to go with over 15 TD's in only 10 games. Those are impressive stats for a RB in the wing-t offense where the ball is spread out to many RB's.

I'd put him up there with Miller, Brown, and some of the others yall listed. I don't know much about rb's in the west and east, but Miller, Brown, and Sawyer are all near the top of the list.

In fact I've seen him play.  Shiverdecker, is good don't get me wrong, and I understand that I-form teams run a lot.  Here are 20 backs that are better than him though.

Dustin Lindsey- Alcoa

Craig Cooper- Melrose

Preston Brown- Antioch

Boo Weathers- Huntingdon

Chris Donald- huntingdon

Gaston Miller- Riverdale

Tyree Ford- <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>

Ricky Ladd- White House

Markei Guy- Westview

Tyrone Cobb- Fulton

Ryan Tallent- Maryville

David Gaston- Central

825691216[/snapback]

Here we go again! I just have one question, " Has anyone heard of Markei Guy from Westview?!" ;) He's pretty good! thumb

bhsOL, Yeah while you and others have been smiling, UT has been turning its nose to many good athletes in the state of Tennessee. Don't give me that Tennessee High School Football (Which this Board is all about) does not produce enough athletes. Last year the state of Tennessee produced more D-1 signees than Kentucky, Arkansas, Mississippi, and South Carolina and with a handful short of Alabama. That excuse doesn't work. The fact is that Tennessee does not recruit the state in which it should and means that they are far from representing this state. No kid from California is representing me and this state. It doesn't work like that. So UT isn't slapping me in the face, They are slapping Tennessee High School Football which this board is dedicated to. If you are alright with that, Then so be it. But I'll tell you one thing, I not o.k. with it and no one should. If there is a school that represents Tennessee then it is Memphis. Look at their recruiting the past two years.

Go Tigers!!

the best  running backs in all classes

1A dont know about

2A Dustin lindsey(alcoa)

3A Tyrone CobbFulton)

4A David Gaston(Central)

5A Gaston miller (Riverdale) n Spencer from Oakridge

825691329[/snapback]

1A-Shane DePriest(West Carrol) I don't know if he graduated or not.

2A-Markei Guy(Westview), Boo Weathers(H'don), Dustin Lindsey(Alcoa), and Chris Donald(H'don)

3A-Tyrone Cobb(Fulton) and Melvin Armstrong(Chester Co.)

4A-Graig Cooper(Melrose)

5A-Gaston Miller(Riverdale), Preston Brown(Antioch), and Jocques Crawford(Cordova)

Edited by RHS2006

bhsOL, Yeah while you and others have been smiling, UT has been turning its nose to many good athletes in the state of Tennessee. Don't give me that Tennessee High School Football (Which this Board is all about) does not produce enough athletes. Last year the state of Tennessee produced more D-1 signees than Kentucky, Arkansas, Mississippi, and South Carolina and with a handful short of Alabama. That excuse doesn't work. The fact is that Tennessee does not recruit the state in which it should and means that they are far from representing this state. No kid from California is representing me and this state. It doesn't work like that. So UT isn't slapping me in the face, They are slapping Tennessee High School Football which this board is dedicated to. If you are alright with that, Then so be it. But I'll tell you one thing, I not o.k. with it and no one should. If there is a school that represents Tennessee then it is Memphis. Look at their recruiting the past two years.

Go Tigers!!

825691369[/snapback]

just look at memphis's record and ranking compared to tennessee's. im glad tennessee only recruites the best. you cannot down philip fulmer for not recruiting in tennessee because the truth is that the tallent pool in tennessee is not nearly as deep as in texas or california. i think recruiting from other states is very good advertising for tennesse football. i also think that philip fulmer has a better eye for tallant than most people on this board. also all ya gotta do is look at tennessee's recruiting classes for the last 10 years. now can you honestly say that phil is recruiting wrong. i did not think so.